Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    22 Feb '16 20:25
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Trump would probably be more publicly embarrassing but as far as policy Rubio or Cruz would be worse Presidents.
    You don't find Obama embarrassing?
  2. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    22 Feb '16 20:30
    Originally posted by normbenign
    You don't find Obama embarrassing?
    No. He actually seems fairly well respected around the world. And I realize right wingers have a pathological hatred for him, but his actual conduct in office - even when he does things that I disagree with - hasn't approached the tantrums that Trump has erupted in at virtually every debate.
  3. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    22 Feb '16 20:361 edit
    No. He actually seems fairly well respected around the world. And I realize right wingers have a pathological hatred for him, but his actual conduct in office - even when he does things that I disagree with - hasn't approached the tantrums that Trump has erupted in at virtually every debate.
    Right wingers are people too, and they are embarrassed by him. I am pleased to see a candidate not afraid to show passion about politically correct issues. I really can't stand mealy mouthed politicians who are afraid to offend anyone.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    22 Feb '16 20:41
    Right wingers are people too, and they are embarrassed by him. I am pleased to see a candidate not afraid to show passion about politically correct issues. I really can't stand mealy mouthed politicians who are afraid to offend anyone.
    You would be embarrassed by someone finding a cure for cancer as long as they would be a "liberal."
  5. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    22 Feb '16 20:42
    Please be more specific. What is "publicly embarrassing" about the way President Obama conducts himself? I'm not talking about mere disagreement with his policies but how he personally conducts himself in public as the President of the United States.

Compare that to how Trump conducts himself and tell me - seriously - that Trump isn't likely to be "publicly embarrassing" as President.
  6. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    22 Feb '16 20:47
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    You would be embarrassed by someone finding a cure for cancer as long as they would be a "liberal."
    Liberals seldom do things. They are usually involved in taking other people's money for their schemes which for the most part fail.

When someone is successful, I don't care about his ideology. Lots of cancer research is funded by voluntary contributions, many coming from those hated rich folks.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    22 Feb '16 20:50
    Liberals seldom do things. They are usually involved in taking other people's money for their schemes which for the most part fail.

When someone is successful, I don't care about his ideology. Lots of cancer research is funded by voluntary contributions, many coming from those hated rich folks.
    In what sense, specifically, do "liberals" "seldom do things"? What percentage of "liberal" schemes fail compared to non-"liberal" schemes?
  8. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    22 Feb '16 20:50
    Please be more specific. What is "publicly embarrassing" about the way President Obama conducts himself? I'm not talking about mere disagreement with his policies but how he personally conducts himself in public as the President of the United States.

Compare that to how Trump conducts himself and tell me - seriously - that Trump isn't likely to be "publicly embarrassing" as President.
    I am personally embarrassed and offended by Obama's relentless apology tour. I can't watch his speeches, due to his constant put downs of American success, and his desire to copy Euro notions.
  9. Germany
    Moves
    22 Feb '16 20:59
    I am personally embarrassed and offended by Obama's relentless apology tour. I can't watch his speeches, due to his constant put downs of American success, and his desire to copy Euro notions.
    Can you cite Obama "constantly" "putting down American success" and/or expressing a desire to "copy Euro notions"?
  10. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    22 Feb '16 21:00
    Obviously you don't watch or listen to his speeches since no such thing as a "relentless apology tour" exists.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Feb '16 22:03
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Can you cite Obama "constantly" "putting down American success" and/or expressing a desire to "copy Euro notions"?
    man you gotta love your optimism, asking norm to substantiate or corroborate his statements???? its just the happiest go luckiest evah.
  12. Subscriberkmax87
    Kool GrandDad
    Moves
    23 Feb '16 02:40
    Originally posted by phil3000
    $8.7 billion that's what the mans worth and you call him " a complete moron ".
    8.7 Billion is impressive for a hustler. But as the leader of the US and by default the leader of the free world, the man is a complete moron in terms of the leadership and gravitas required for the role.

Do you really want to know who a prospective President might want to bang? As to a breath of fresh air, mmm maybe if your impression of fresh is a parody of the Godfather installed into the highest office in the land.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    surviving
    Covid-19
    Moves
    23 Feb '16 03:03
    Originally posted by whodey
    People usually vote with their pocket book.

Basing what others do based on what you do is foolish.
  14. Zugzwang
    Moves
    23 Feb '16 04:142 edits
    Originally posted by phil3000 to KazetNagorra
    $8.7 billion that's what the mans worth and you call him " a complete moron ".
    Only a fool like Phil3000 would believe that money must be the measure of intelligence.
    ('Forbes' (October 2015) estimates Donald Trump's net worth at 4.5 billion USD.)
    Can Donald Trump buy a PhD in mathematics, for instance, from a major university?

And how much intelligence is required to inherit hundreds of millions of USD?
    In American capitalism, it's much easier to make big money when one starts with big money.
  15. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    23 Feb '16 04:19
    I'll let you know what I think of Trump after his first year in office.

YouTube