Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    27 Feb '16 22:253 edits
    Originally posted by normbenign
    I make no claims regarding the alleged founder of Christianity.
    Evidence is that rich people can be at any point of the intellectual spectrum.
    My point was that being rich isn't an automatic disqualification of intellect, the implication of the post I answered.
    Again and again Duchess64 conclusively indicates her own prejudice, and stupidity.
    The idiotic Normbenign (who understands nothing about logic) shows that he's much too
    stupid to comprehend that a *contrapositive* has the same truth value as his statement.
    I already expect that Normbenign never will read a basic textbook on logic.

    But it's a waste of time to attempt to explain a fundamental point (which I understood as
    a young child) of logic to the extremely arrogant, fiercely anti-intellectual idiot Normbenign.
    Indeed, Normbenign often has shown that hes much too stupid to comprehend the logical
    implications (I mean 'logical' in a formal sense, not that Normbenign's statements are reasonable)
    of his own (typically deranged) utterances.
  2. The Catbird's Seat
    Joined
    21 Oct '06
    Moves
    2598
    27 Feb '16 22:59
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    The idiotic Normbenign (who understands nothing about logic) shows that he's much too
    stupid to comprehend that a *contrapositive* has the same truth value as his statement.
    I already expect that Normbenign never will read a basic textbook on logic.

    But it's a waste of time to attempt to explain a fundamental point (which I understood as
    a young ch ...[text shortened]... e, not that Normbenign's statements are reasonable)
    of his own (typically deranged) utterances.
    The highly intellectual name caller is at it again.
  3. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    27 Feb '16 23:021 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    In other developments, Christie's endorsement of Trump is interesting.
    Perhaps Christie is thinking: if I can't be President, then no Republican can!
    The editor of a New Hampshire newspaper that had endorsed Chris Christie for the Republican
    nomination has said that Chris Christie assured him that he never would endorse Donald Trump.
    The 'National Review', a long established right-wing pro-Republican political magazine,
    has criticized Chris Christie for being unprincipled and dishonest in endorsing Donald Trump.
  4. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    27 Feb '16 23:04
    Originally posted by normbenign
    The highly intellectual name caller is at it again.
    Can the extremely arrogant fiercely anti-intellectual Normbenign comprehend what a contrapositive means?
  5. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    143878
    27 Feb '16 23:07
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Can the extremely arrogant fiercely anti-intellectual Normbenign comprehend what a contrapositive means?
    Something you stick up your backside that has a meaning ?😛
  6. The Catbird's Seat
    Joined
    21 Oct '06
    Moves
    2598
    27 Feb '16 23:09
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Can the extremely arrogant fiercely anti-intellectual Normbenign comprehend what a contrapositive means?
    Of course not. I am anti intellectual, stupid, and ignorant. You are obviously superior in everything. That's why so many people are jumping to your support.
  7. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    143878
    27 Feb '16 23:11
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Normbenign (who's idiotic and apparently not rich) has argued:
    If a person's smart, then that person Is (or should be) rich.

    The contrapositive of that proposition is:
    If a person's not rich, then that person's not smart.

    "Again I tell you that it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than
    for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."
    --Matthew 19:24

    So would Normbenign conclude that Jesus must not have been smart?
    Jesus must have had a good few £'s in his back pocket , you try feeding 5000 and see how much change you get out of that !
    Big D 😕
  8. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    27 Feb '16 23:161 edit
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Of course not. I am anti intellectual, stupid, and ignorant.
    You are obviously superior in everything.
    That's why so many people are jumping to your support.
    So Normbenign has shown no comprehension of what a contrapositive means in logic.
    (As a part of my lectures on basic logic, I have taught 13 year old students what it means.)

    Then Normbenign, a white American man, again attempts a ludicrous argument of
    "let's settle who's right about a point of logic by asking who might be more popular in
    a forum dominated by white men with no education in formal logic".

    By the way, I have not noticed anyone else (not even the trolls who obsessively hate me)
    say that they really believe Normbenign's story about having personally coached (conveniently
    anonymous) multiple American girls (ages 10-12 years) to run 100 meters in only 11.0 seconds
    (or close) and become champions at age group 'world championship meets' decades ago.

    "I am anti intellectual, stupid, and ignorant."
    --Normbenign

    Many diverse writers (including Finnegan, KazetNagorra, No1Marauder) would
    seriously agree with Normbenign's sarcastic comment about himself.
  9. The Catbird's Seat
    Joined
    21 Oct '06
    Moves
    2598
    27 Feb '16 23:33
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    So Normbenign has shown no comprehension of what a contrapositive means in logic.
    (As a part of my lectures on basic logic, I have taught 13 year old students what it means.)

    Then Normbenign, a white American man, again attempts a ludicrous argument of
    "let's settle who's right about a point of logic by asking who might be more popular in
    a forum ...[text shortened]... Nagorra, No1Marauder) would
    seriously agree with Normbenign's sarcastic comment about himself.
    Do you really believe that I don't have access to a dictionary?
  10. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    27 Feb '16 23:501 edit
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Do you really believe that I don't have access to a dictionary?
    Other diverse writers (including Finnegan and No1Marauder) have noted that even if
    the nearly illiterate Normbenign can make the effort (he typically seems too arrogant
    and lazy, preferring to make up his own bizarre definitions) to consult a dictionary,
    Normbenign seems too stupid to comprehend what the definitions mean.

    Let's assume that Normbenign were to buy a Russian-English dictionary.
    Then would that alone give Normbenign an adequate comprehension of Russian?

    In this case, Normbenign seems too stupid to comprehend that learning what a contrapositive
    means (in logic) requires more than merely running his eye over some text in a dictionary.
    When I taught basic logic, I did not just define a 'contrapositive' and leave it at that.
    I gave exercises to my students, so I could be sure that they understood the concept.

    Question (which I already answered earlier) for Normbenign:
    What is the contrapositive of this statement (a paraphrase of Normbenign):
    "If a person is smart, then that person is rich." ?
  11. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    29 Feb '16 02:04
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Other diverse writers (including Finnegan and No1Marauder) have noted that even if
    the nearly illiterate Normbenign can make the effort (he typically seems too arrogant
    and lazy, preferring to make up his own bizarre definitions) to consult a dictionary,
    Normbenign seems too stupid to comprehend what the definitions mean.

    Let's assume that Normbenign ...[text shortened]... his statement (a paraphrase of Normbenign):
    "If a person is smart, then that person is rich." ?
    For all his boasting about his self-evident superiority, Normbenign has been unable
    to answer this simple question in basic logic:
    What is the contrapositive of this statement (a paraphrase of Normbenign):
    "If a person is smart, then that person is rich." ?
  12. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Joined
    31 May '13
    Moves
    5577
    29 Feb '16 21:57
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    For all his boasting about his self-evident superiority, Normbenign has been unable
    to answer this simple question in basic logic:
    What is the contrapositive of this statement (a paraphrase of Normbenign):
    "If a person is smart, then that person is rich." ?
    If you're so smart, why aren't you smart?
  13. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Joined
    27 Oct '04
    Moves
    83667
    29 Feb '16 22:31
    Originally posted by phil3000
    He turned the million dollar loan into 4.5 billion dollars ?
    What a moron .
    It's not at all clear how much money Donald Trump has. Over the years 4 of his businesses have filed for bankruptcy. His Wikipedia page indicates to me someone who is good at borrowing large amounts of money, but not so good at paying it back on the original terms.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump#Net_worth
  14. The Catbird's Seat
    Joined
    21 Oct '06
    Moves
    2598
    01 Mar '16 00:12
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    For all his boasting about his self-evident superiority, Normbenign has been unable
    to answer this simple question in basic logic:
    What is the contrapositive of this statement (a paraphrase of Normbenign):
    "If a person is smart, then that person is rich." ?
    Duchess64 is under the mistaken impression that I will jump to her demands and questions. I am probably not going to answer her regardless of my understanding or lack thereof.

    Does she really regard other mature humans as trained dolphins who will perform for her? How about returning to the thread topic, instead of making everything about her?
Back to Top