Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    05 Mar '16 22:15
    ....why is the accepted wisdom still that the American public will exercise common sense come the general election and elect anyone but Drumpf?
  2. Standard member vivify
    rain
    05 Mar '16 22:37 / 1 edit
    Because no one counted on Republicans being that stupid.
  3. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    05 Mar '16 23:02
    Originally posted by vivify
    And no Democrat has ever been tapped with the stupid stick?
  4. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    05 Mar '16 23:05
    Originally posted by kmax87
    ....why is the accepted wisdom still that the American public will exercise common sense come the general election and elect anyone but Drumpf?
    Trump has extraordinarily high unfavorablity among Independents. In addition, he's winning only about 35% of the votes in the Republican primaries and caucuses and close to half of the voters in those races find him an "unacceptable" GE candidate. Granted, most of the Republicans will eventually fall into line but his overall numbers don't bode well for a November race.
  5. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    05 Mar '16 23:22
    Another one. Google "Democrat support for Trump".
  6. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    05 Mar '16 23:47
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Trump has extraordinarily high unfavorablity among Independents. In addition, he's winning only about 35% of the votes in the Republican primaries and caucuses and close to half of the voters in those races find him an "unacceptable" GE candidate. Granted, most of the Republicans will eventually fall into line but his overall numbers don't bode well for a November race.
    Trump's let's make America great again is xenophobic shorthand for White People your liberation is at hand. Your days of insecurity and guilt over your place in the world are over.

I would argue that many while publicly denouncing the Donald will quietly vote him into office because he promises a return to simpler era, where White and America was celebrated as
    right, powerful and good.
  7. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    05 Mar '16 23:55
    Trump's let's make America great again is xenophobic shorthand for White People your liberation is at hand. Your days of insecurity and guilt over your place in the world are over.

I would argue that many while publicly denouncing the Donald will quietly vote him into office because he promises a return to simpler era, where White and America was celebrated as
    One can argue anything but arguments without any valid data to support them aren't very persuasive.
  8. 06 Mar '16 00:09
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    I love it when control freaks can't understand things, they always invoke insanity. Everyone is insane but them.
  9. 06 Mar '16 01:05
    Originally posted by normbenign
    I love it when control freaks can't understand things, they always invoke insanity. Everyone is insane but them.
    I agree most assuredly.
  10. Standard member vivify
    rain
    06 Mar '16 03:10
    Who are the ones voting for Trump in the primaries? Is it registered democrats or republicans?
  11. 06 Mar '16 03:35
    In case you had not noticed, Trump is picking up a lot of Dim voters.

Some who voted for Obama have confided in me that they are pissed out of their minds about paying so much for Obamacare after being lied to and are taking out their anger by voting Trump.

Trump recently skipped CPAC, which essentially was giving conservatives the middle finger. At CPAC, Trump did horribly in the polls. Outside CPAC, Trump is winning big.

Trump is the ideal Prog candidate. He is arrogant, obnoxious, and thinks he is God's gift to mankind in order to lead the sheeple where they need to be led.
  12. Standard member vivify
    rain
    06 Mar '16 03:41
    Who are the ones voting for Trump in the primaries? Is it registered democrats or republicans?
  13. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    06 Mar '16 04:04 / 2 edits
    You associated, republican support for Trump with being stupid or "that stupid". I pointed out that support for Trump is not exclusively Republican. Therefore it stands that by your rationale democrat support for Trump is "that stupid".

IMO remarks like yours are really what's "that stupid." I believe support for Trump is mainly backlash, and am optimistic that as things become more critical that support (republican or otherwise) will fade.
  14. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    06 Mar '16 04:07

Bollocks
  15. Standard member vivify
    rain
    06 Mar '16 04:40 / 1 edit
    You associated, republican support for Trump with being stupid or "that stupid". I pointed out that support for Trump is not exclusively Republican. Therefore it stands that by your rationale democrat support for Trump is "that stupid".

IMO remarks like yours are really what's "that stupid." I believe support for Trump is mainly back ...[text shortened]... optimistic that as things become more critical that support (republican or otherwise) will fade.
    "Support"? Who said anything about such a vague term as "support"?

Read the OP. It asks about the ELECTION. That means VOTES.

Who's voting for Trump right now? Is it registered Democrats or Republicans?

As much as you'd love to spread some of the blame on Democrats so the Republican party looks less moronic, Trump securing the GOP's nomination is entirely because of stupid Republicans.