Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 05 May '13 06:37 / 1 edit
    Capping off a day of full-throated defense of Second Amendment gun rights, conservative commentator Glenn Beck told participants at the National Rifle Association's "Stand and Fight" rally that gun-control advocates "feel they must regulate us until we comply."

To rising cheers, Beck declared: "I will not comply!"

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/NRA-vows-to-continue-fight-for-gun-owners-in-4488828.php?cmpid=hpfsln

If you are an NRA member, you may want to consider cancelling your NRA membership.
  2. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    05 May '13 12:47
    Originally posted by moon1969
    ... you may want to consider cancelling your NRA membership.
    No.
  3. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    05 May '13 14:02
    Somehow this seems related. The world's fist 3D printable gun.
    All sixteen pieces of the Liberator prototype were printed in ABS plastic with a Dimension SST printer from 3D printing company Stratasys, with the exception of a single nail that’s used as a firing pin. The gun is designed to fire standard handgun rounds, using interchangeable barrels for different calibers of ammunition.

Technically, Defense Distributed’s gun has one other non-printed component: the group added a six ounce chunk of steel into the body to make it detectable by metal detectors in order to comply with the Undetectable Firearms Act. In March, the group also obtained a federal firearms license, making it a legal gun manufacturer.

Of course, Defcad’s users may not adhere to so many rules. Once the file is online, anyone will be able to download and print the gun in the privacy of their garage, legally or not, with no serial number, background check, or other regulatory hurdles. “You can print a lethal device,” Wilson told me last summer. “It’s kind of scary, but that’s what we’re aiming to show.”

Since it was founded last August, Wilson’s group has sought to make as many components of a gun as possible into printable blueprints and to host those controversial files online, thwarting gun laws and blurring the lines between the regulation of firearms and information censorship. So far those pieces have included high capacity ammunition magazines for AR-15s and AK-47s, as well as an AR lower receiver, the body of that semi-automatic rifle to which off-the-shelf components like a stock and barrel can be attached.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2013/05/03/this-is-the-worlds-first-entirely-3d-printed-gun-photos/
  4. 05 May '13 21:29
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    No.
    As an aside, is that goofy avatar before or after his second term when his dementia became much more pronounced?
  5. 06 May '13 13:14
    Capping off a day of full-throated defense of Second Amendment gun rights, conservative commentator Glenn Beck told participants at the National Rifle Association's "Stand and Fight" rally that gun-control advocates "feel they must regulate us until we comply."

http://www.chron.com/new ...[text shortened]... sln

If you are an NRA member, you may want to consider cancelling your NRA membership.
    I'm not an NRA member, but I'm considering rejoining.
  6. 06 May '13 13:18
    Somehow this seems related. The world's fist 3D printable gun.
    [quote]All sixteen pieces of the Liberator prototype were printed in ABS plastic with a Dimension SST printer from 3D printing company Stratasys, with the exception of a single nail that’s used as a firing pin. The gun is designed to fire standard handgun rounds, using interchangeable barrels ...[text shortened]... bes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2013/05/03/this-is-the-worlds-first-entirely-3d-printed-gun-photos/
    The Liberator, for any who don't know was a .45 apc single shot pistol dropped into France for the resistance in fairly large quantities. It enabled a resistance fighter to up close and personal relieve a Nazi soldier of his weapons and ammunition.
  7. 06 May '13 15:32

http://www.chron.com/new ...[text shortened]... sln

since when does anyone sensible listen to something glenn beck says?

why should sensible nra members care? why would insane nra members care?
  8. 07 May '13 00:58
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi

LOL
  9. 07 May '13 00:58

I know, right?
  10. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    07 May '13 02:43 / 2 edits
    As an aside, is that goofy avatar before or after his second term when his dementia became much more pronounced?

That picture was taken right after he nailed your mom (so probably post-dementia).
  11. 07 May '13 14:28
    So it was after he defecated on the Constitution in covertly selling arms to the Iran and illegally diverting the funds from those sales to the Contras in Nicaragua in direction violation of the Boland Amendment.

Not only absolutely goofy picture but also disgusting.
  12. 07 May '13 22:59
    [b]As an aside, is that goofy avatar before or after his second term when his dementia became much more pronounced?

That picture was taken right after he nailed your mom (so probably post-dementia).[/b]
    you seem like a very polite and reasonable human being.
  13. 08 May '13 01:01
    So it was after he defecated on the Constitution in covertly selling arms to the Iran and illegally diverting the funds from those sales to the Contras in Nicaragua in direction violation of the Boland Amendment.

Not only absolutely goofy picture but also disgusting.
    The Republicans are no better than the Democrats for sure.
  14. 22 May '13 01:53
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    The Republicans are no better than the Democrats for sure.
    I appreciate your effort at being objective. But the Republicans are way down in the basement all by themselves. A truly despicable organization. Has not always been that way but for sure is now.
  15. 22 May '13 02:39

Oh, I don't know.

If you had listened to Glenn and bought gold hand over fist you would be sitting pretty right now.

If you had listened to him about the Muslim Brotherhood taking over Egypt and the surrounding region and how it was all going to blow up in our faces then you would not have bought into the whole Arab Spring movement.

If you had listened to him about Van Jones being a communist you would have just been listeing to what he called himself instead of ignoring reality etc, etc.

I could go on but why? I certainly don't listen to everything the man says, but I don't play the game that the left plays which is to trash a persons reputation so that everyone will ignore everything they have to say. Hell, I even hear what you have to say from time to time.