Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 29 Aug '10 02:54 / 1 edit
    "How many people jammed the National Mall Saturday to take part in Glenn Beck's "Restoring Honor" rally?

    Tens of thousands? Certainly. One hundred thousand? Perhaps. Half a million? No one can really say for sure.

    Organizers pulled event permits for up to 300,000 people, and expected at least 100,000."

    Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0810/41553.html#ixzz0xxYz5xdk

    ALL those Damm racist white people in one place? What is this world coming too?
  2. 29 Aug '10 02:55
    no overflights?
  3. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    29 Aug '10 02:58
    Does anybody doubt Beck's popularity?
  4. 29 Aug '10 03:11
    he's not up there with Oprah.

    i guess.
  5. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    29 Aug '10 05:34
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    "How many people jammed the National Mall Saturday to take part in Glenn Beck's "Restoring Honor" rally?

    Tens of thousands? Certainly. One hundred thousand? Perhaps. Half a million? No one can really say for sure.

    Organizers pulled event permits for up to 300,000 people, and expected at least 100,000."

    Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/ ...[text shortened]... [b] ALL those Damm racist white people in one place? What is this world coming too?
    [/b]
    ...and so... did any of these people come up with any details on how to get our economy moving faster? I'm not always happy at the fact the economy seems to be recovering at a snails pace, but I don't hear many ideas from Becks crowd either.
  6. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    29 Aug '10 06:09
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    "How many people jammed the National Mall Saturday to take part in Glenn Beck's "Restoring Honor" rally?

    Tens of thousands? Certainly. One hundred thousand? Perhaps. Half a million? No one can really say for sure.

    Organizers pulled event permits for up to 300,000 people, and expected at least 100,000."

    Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/ ...[text shortened]... [b] ALL those Damm racist white people in one place? What is this world coming too?
    [/b]
    Yeah, when I heard it my first thought was: "God damn, that's a missed oppertunity to rid the world of some right-wing evil filth, if ever there was one."
  7. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    29 Aug '10 06:15
    Originally posted by bill718
    ...and so... did any of these people come up with any details on how to get our economy moving faster? I'm not always happy at the fact the economy seems to be recovering at a snails pace, but I don't hear many ideas from Becks crowd either.
    Stop spending money, stop printing money, stop inventing money out of thin air, stop doing all those things the guvamint economists have been recommending.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psOmMimlWvU
  8. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    29 Aug '10 14:08
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Stop spending money, stop printing money, stop inventing money out of thin air, stop doing all those things the guvamint economists have been recommending.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psOmMimlWvU
    ...sounds like a great idea, a little short on details though, don't you think? I recall hearing this same chant from the Bush crowd for 8 years, all the while Republican lawmakers were spending money like drunken sailors on there own pet projects.
  9. 29 Aug '10 14:44
    Originally posted by bill718
    ...and so... did any of these people come up with any details on how to get our economy moving faster? I'm not always happy at the fact the economy seems to be recovering at a snails pace, but I don't hear many ideas from Becks crowd either.
    The problem is that Obama had the answer. His answer didn't work.

    Obama and Dems got elected because Bush was unpopular.

    Now Republicans will get elected and Obama will be replaced because Obama is unpopular.
  10. 29 Aug '10 18:12
    It's great to have so many bigoted morons gathered in one place. Much safer then having them scattered about.
  11. 29 Aug '10 18:16
    Originally posted by badmoon
    It's great to have so many bigoted morons gathered in one place. Much safer then having them scattered about.
    Alveda King ?
  12. 29 Aug '10 18:28
    Yeah, I'm sure that was a hit with them. I can imagine the murmured jokes going around in the crowd.
  13. 29 Aug '10 18:35
    Originally posted by bill718
    ...and so... did any of these people come up with any details on how to get our economy moving faster? I'm not always happy at the fact the economy seems to be recovering at a snails pace, but I don't hear many ideas from Becks crowd either.
    You aren't listening.
  14. 29 Aug '10 18:39
    Originally posted by bill718
    ...sounds like a great idea, a little short on details though, don't you think? I recall hearing this same chant from the Bush crowd for 8 years, all the while Republican lawmakers were spending money like drunken sailors on there own pet projects.
    so Bill the republicans were liars and hypocrites, but their message was the truth. They simply failed to live up to it.

    Will you hold the Democrats and Obama responsible for doing what they promised, and it turns out to be more of the same only doubling down on the Bush plan.
  15. 29 Aug '10 18:40
    Originally posted by badmoon
    It's great to have so many bigoted morons gathered in one place. Much safer then having them scattered about.
    they are all going home.