Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 27 Nov '09 19:45
    1. Did not go to college.
    2. Started out as a radio DJ with no political experience.
    3. Is a Mormon.
    4. Has ADHD.
    5. Is crazy.

I await the defense.
  2. 27 Nov '09 20:01
    6. Is actually Eric Cartman.
  3. 27 Nov '09 20:22
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    6. Is actually Eric Cartman.
    7. watched the smurfs die.
  4. Standard member DrKF
    incipit parodia
    27 Nov '09 20:36
    Is only asking questions. Or is he..?
  5. 27 Nov '09 20:43
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    7. watched the smurfs die.
    8. often cries like a little girl

9. frequently asks america to "wake up"

10. is obssessed with marxists who infiltrated the govt and want to turn the US into the new USSR.
  6. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    27 Nov '09 20:46 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by scherzo
    3. Is a Mormon.
    4. Has ADHD.
    5. Is crazy.

I await the defense.
    ...Republicans still love him. (I guess that's a defence)
  7. 27 Nov '09 20:49
    Originally posted by scherzo
    3. Is a Mormon.
    4. Has ADHD.
    5. Is crazy.

I await the defense.
    You forgot to mention he is a recovering alcoholic.
    The commies (progressives) love to cut the man down personally but,they dont prove him wrong. They never go after the issues,just him.That speaks volumes to the informed.
  8. 27 Nov '09 20:52
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    The commies (progressives) love to cut the man down personally but,they dont prove him wrong. They never go after the issues,just him.That speaks volumes to the informed.
    Do you hate smurfs?
  9. Standard member telerion
    True X X Xian
    27 Nov '09 22:19
    Well, I'm not a commie (progressive) or whatever you imagine, but I've exposed that fool already and so have others. You can close your eyes, deny it, and keep repeating the same lie, but it doesn't change the fact of the matter.
  10. 27 Nov '09 22:23
    Originally posted by telerion
    Well, I'm not a commie (progressive) or whatever you imagine, but I've exposed that fool already and so have others. You can close your eyes, deny it, and keep repeating the same lie, but it doesn't change the fact of the matter.
    Exposed him how? The only thing I recall you calling him out on was the future potential collapse of the dollar. Was there something else?
  11. Standard member randolph
    the walrus
    27 Nov '09 23:45
    I think the thing that he's done that made me LOL the most was spelling out "Oligarch" out of Obama's policies on his blackboard
  12. Standard member telerion
    True X X Xian
    28 Nov '09 01:54 / 1 edit
    Exposed him how? The only thing I recall you calling him out on was the future potential collapse of the dollar. Was there something else?
    That was just one look at one part of one episode. In it he suggested that the dollar would not exist in 5 years.

Actually Beck is quite careful to never to outright claim say any of these wild conspiracies. He just suggests them and then leads on his audience with insinuating questions so that every one in the room thinks he believes in them. But if you ever say Beck believes X (some looney idea), he can always respond, "I never said what I think. But doesn't it scare you that we're even talking about it?" (starts crying).

In that clip you mention, he suggests that the government is trying to control the population by vaccinating kids against swine flu. He asks, "Are you going to let the government give your kids the vaccine? (Audience says, "NO!!!" ) What if they say you can't send your kid to school? (NO!!!) Maybe a few years ago I would have said, 'Hey, it's probably OK,' but now? After everything that's happened? Well, I've made my decision."

Notice though that he never actually says what his decision is. I'm about 99% sure that his kid(s) got vaccinated. But the way he leads the audience on you'd think he actually practices what he preaches.

Anyhoo, this makes it difficult to "disprove" his claims because he rarely claims anything. He just insinuates all manner of sinister conspiracies. Anyone of which is easy to dismiss.
  13. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    28 Nov '09 02:02
    Do you also like the Jerry Springer Show?
  14. 28 Nov '09 06:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you also like the Jerry Springer Show?
    As trailer trashish as the Jerry Springer Show is... at least the host is intelligent, articulate and well educated. The Springer show is a step up.
  15. 28 Nov '09 06:30
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    ..... at least the host is intelligent, articulate and well educated.....
    And he's actually held political office.