Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 05 Nov '09 01:11
    The US House of Representatives voted this afternoon by a vote of 344 to 36 to REJECT the Goldstone Report in US Foreign Policy, and in doing so, REFUSE to call Israel's actions in Gaza war crimes.

And I, for one, am outraged!
  2. 05 Nov '09 02:36
    Originally posted by scherzo
    The US House of Representatives voted this afternoon by a vote of 344 to 36 to REJECT the Goldstone Report in US Foreign Policy, and in doing so, REFUSE to call Israel's actions in Gaza war crimes.

What should be done? Another human bomb on the streets of Israel or perhaps rocket attacks on Jerusalem?
  3. 05 Nov '09 06:10
    follow the money ...
  4. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    05 Nov '09 06:34

Who'd have thunk it?
    Right-wing, trailer trash bureaucrats rejecting objective UN reports.

Oh well, I hope they all die slowly and painfully of bowel cancer.
  5. 05 Nov '09 07:09

Tells much about Israel and their allies.

It's fully known that Israel is a criminal state. Every state that supports Israel in their criminal affairs is also ...
  6. 05 Nov '09 07:30
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Who'd have thunk it?
    Right-wing, trailer trash bureaucrats rejecting objective UN reports.

Oh well, I hope they all die slowly and painfully of bowel cancer.
    this is a HOR with a DEMOCRAT majority.
  7. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    05 Nov '09 07:48
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    this is a HOR with a DEMOCRAT majority.
    Still right-wing, trailer trash, wife-beating, scum to me.
  8. 05 Nov '09 07:50
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Still right-wing, trailer trash, wife-beating, scum to me.
    well, duh.
  9. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    05 Nov '09 14:17
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Tells much about Israel and their allies.

It's fully known that Israel is a criminal state. Every state that supports Israel in their criminal affairs is also ...
    LOL.

Fully known? Fully known by whom?

By all you stand-offish Europeans sitting up there in the comfort of your safe countries and pallidly wagging your finger and tsking at a country the continued existence of which you don't give a damn about?

I have news for you. In the REAL World, trite phrases like "criminal state" are meaningless. Israel has to do what it perceives to be in the best interest of its own survival; and if people like you who would be perfectly happy to see Israel wiped out and who never pay more than half-hearted attention to ME politics anyway don't like or understand its methods; frankly, Israel doesn't give a damn. No offense.
  10. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    05 Nov '09 14:24
    Originally posted by sh76
    By all you stand-offish Europeans sitting up there in the comfort of your safe countries and pallidly wagging your finger and tsking at a country the continued existence of which you don't give a damn about?
    This broad brush blowhard stuff diminishes you sh76.
  11. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    05 Nov '09 14:33 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Perhaps I'm being too emotional about this issue, I admit that.

But I do get the sense that people consistently and unflinchingly refer to Israel as a "criminal state" in general terms rather than criticizing specific Israeli actions are people who would have no problem with Israel not existing. In fact, from Fabian's past comments ("Damn Terrorist State" comes to mind), I sense that he might advocate the forcible dissolution of Israel or would at least not oppose it.

If I'm wrong, Fabian, please say so.
  12. 05 Nov '09 17:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    BS, it's spot on!
  13. 05 Nov '09 17:19
    name ONE european country that would roll over while rockets are fired into their territory while they had the military means to do something about it.
  14. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    05 Nov '09 17:25 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    name ONE european country that would roll over while rockets are fired into their territory while they had the military means to do something about it.
    France?
  15. 05 Nov '09 18:32

its very simple, they don't want to alienate israel.