Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    13 Jul '16 18:121 edit
    Politics seems to be a big part of this forum. As an independent voter I'd like to give my assessment if I may. This is not my favorite subject, and I don't write about it often, but here goes:

This election has yet to be decided, but nothing short of a miracle will save the GOP from a disappointing 2016. Donald Trump is extremely unpopular, he does not have full support of the Republican party, and those lawmakers who back him, risk losing their own Senate and House seats. Hillary Clinton, though not very popular herself, seems to have more solid backing from her own party, a solid lead in the polls, and a campaign structure that is superior to Trump. I'm sorry Republicans, I know you're angry, but it looks like you'll see Hillary in the White House, a Senate controlled by the Democrats, and at least one more liberal judge on the high court. So, how will you Conservatives respond? Will you moderate your views in order to attract more voters, or will you continue with the agenda that has given you the situation you now face? It's time to start planning strategy for 2020, because the election 2016 will be a grim one for the GOP. *JMHO

::Transmitted from a place known only as Goldenrod::
  2. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    13 Jul '16 18:29
    Originally posted by mchill
    Politics seems to be a big part of this forum. As an independent voter I'd like to give my assessment if I may. This is not my favorite subject, and I don't write about it often, but here goes:

This election has yet to be decided, but nothing short of a miracle will save the GOP from a disappointing 2016. Donald Trump is extremely unpopular, he does not h ...[text shortened]... will be a grim one for the GOP. *JMHO

I believe Hillary has more support from the GOP than Trump. Both parties are controlled by the same people and are an illusion of choice. Trump is an outsider and scares the heck out of the NWO. Instead of moderating views, why not figure out how to get decent people nominated?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Jul '16 18:471 edit
    I've decided to start making bumper stickers for cars.

One will say "Vote Bernie 2016!"

The other will go right beside it saying, "Ok, vote for the dumb blond I guess"

I'm gonna be rich dog!! 😵
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    13 Jul '16 18:59
    This is a lose/lose situations for Republicans, as well as the U.S.
  5. Joined
    05 Sep '15
    Moves
    13 Jul '16 20:371 edit

This election has yet to be decided, but nothing short of a miracle will save the GOP from a disappointing 2016. Donald Trump is extremely unpopular, he does not h ...[text shortened]... will be a grim one for the GOP. *JMHO

I am not so sure Hillary is a shoo in. Trump has surprised just about everyone. Think about what he has actually accomplished - picking off all of those candidates - some with "impressive" backgrounds- one by one. Spending mere nickels in comparison with a much smaller staff.
    I don't think he has even begun to unleash his fury on her. Like him or hate him, he is a successful businessman for a reason. My guess is that he has calculated that running negative ads against her now will only make voters weary. He wants the most bang for his buck. I think he will patiently wait it out until maybe late Sept/Oct (maybe just a few ads here and there in swing states?) and then CRUSH her with a barrage of discrediting, damaging ads. This "recency" strategy will mean, of course, that these derogatory ads will be fresh in voters' minds as they hit the polls. Whereas Hillary's ads will be background white noise by November. I think he is going for shock value and banking on tne fact that the negative images and damning catch-phrases that he plasters across the airwaves will be most vivid in voters' minds if he waits. The FBI has gifted him with a trove of material.

Polls have been unreliable and Trump has already proven that with less money and manpower, he can leave seasoned campaigners in the dust.Voter turn out will factor in as well as world events, particularly new terrorist attacks.

On another note, Duchess has made it very, very clear that it is MOST unusual for a relatively "new" poster to start talking politics so soon. She knows all things. So I am afraid sir, that you may have to explain yourself. Especially since you have seemingly been a bit critical of her 😉 Please take cover.
  6. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    13 Jul '16 21:32

Republicans moderating their views is a big reason why they lost the last two elections.

There are Republicans in Washington who still think voting for Hillary will help them keep their beltway jobs, but this is a serious miscalculation. Some have already figured out which choice actually benefits them more and have moved over to support Trump.
  7. Zugzwang
    Moves
    13 Jul '16 21:45
    Originally posted by trisha80 to mchll
    I am not so sure Hillary is a shoo in. Trump has surprised just about everyone. Think about what he has actually accomplished - picking off all of those candidates - some with "impressive" backgrounds- one by one. Spending mere nickels in comparison with a much smaller staff.
    I don't think he has even begun to unleash his fury on her. Like him or ...[text shortened]... yourself. Especially since you have seemingly been a bit critical of her 😉 Please take cover.
    Trisha80 keeps lying about what I have written. My position (I am far from alone in holding it)
    is that any *genuine* 'new' writers have been rare in this forum. More than a few trolls
    have created multiple accounts (violating RHP's Terms of Service), posing as 'new' writers.

It's uncharacteristic for a supposedly 'new' writer to plunge immediately into heated personal
    or political disputes while acting like having cocksure knowledge of who other writers
    are and making (typically very ignorant) cocksure claims about these other writers.
    That's what Trisha80 has been doing.

I have noticed significant differences so far between how Trisha80 and Mchill approach posting,
    so contrary to Trisha80's insinuation, I don't put Trisha80 and Mchill 'in the same boat'.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Jul '16 22:05
    Not to burst anyone's bubble but I'm fairly certain the GOP plan for 2020 is to elect another Dim.
  9. Germany
    Moves
    13 Jul '16 22:15
    I suggest the following plan for the GOP to win the 2020 election:

1. Field a candidate who is more competent and likable than a moldy baloney sandwich.
    2. Win the election.
  10. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    13 Jul '16 22:222 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    Not to burst anyone's bubble but I'm fairly certain the GOP plan for 2020 is to elect another Dim.
    2020? Don't you think we're getting ahead of ourselves? Let's see what happens in 2016 first.

I seriously doubt republicans will fall for the 'republicans moderating their views to attract new voters' line three times in a row. Never mind what the GOP wants, Trump would have never lasted as a candidate for nominee if the GOP had anything to say about it. At this point the GOP will only be hurting itself by opposing Trump.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Jul '16 02:00
    What a bunch of reality deniers you guys are. 2020 will be Hillary elected to a second term, and by then people will be saying, "Republican? What's that?"
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Jul '16 14:271 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    What a bunch of reality deniers you guys are. 2020 will be Hillary elected to a second term, and by then people will be saying, "Republican? What's that?"
    Very true indeed. Ever since Clinton won his first two terms, ever succeeding President has done the same. Even "W". LOL.

Whoever is elected in 2016, should win in 2020 as well.

It's becoming increasingly difficult to remove them.
  13. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    14 Jul '16 14:40
    Originally posted by whodey
    Very true indeed. Ever since Clinton won his first two terms, ever succeeding President has done the same. Even "W". LOL.

Whoever is elected in 2016, should win in 2020 as well.

It's becoming increasingly difficult to remove them.
    So you would agree, that the System Needs to be entirely reworked?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Jul '16 14:424 edits
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    So you would agree, that the System Needs to be entirely reworked?
    Federalism has been subverted and destroyed.

So yes.

The problem becomes, "reworking the system".

Only leaders who are morally upright will "rework the system" to the advantage of the common man, hence the problem. The US is on the verge of electing a universally known liar who is incompetent cuz they are the lesser of two evils. LOL

I support a movement called the Article V movement that would gradually take power away from the Federal system, which is beyond corrupt and incapable of reform. States need to rise up and exert their Constitutional power to amend the Constitution for the first time in US history.
  15. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    14 Jul '16 16:38
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    I believe Hillary has more support from the GOP than Trump. Both parties are controlled by the same people and are an illusion of choice. Trump is an outsider and scares the heck out of the NWO. Instead of moderating views, why not figure out how to get decent people nominated?
    Depends how far down the rabbit hole you want to go on this one. Maybe Trump winning is the 'lesson' that America has to learn the hard way. ie- that if you're anti-everything you're going to get smacked down, and maybe that's what's going to happen. Trump gets elected, diplomacy gaffes ensue, too many world leaders with noses out of joint, America gets a kick up the behind, the people come to their senses, anti-everything gives way to rainbow everything, and we all live happily ever after in global one village nirvana. the end.