Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    16 Apr '14 06:35 / 2 edits
    Despite the ACA's deeply flawed start, 2 things are becoming clear. First, the ACA is making slow, but steady gains in popularity and acceptance with the voting public. Second, despite the public's less than warm reception to the ACA, they like the GOP's plan even less.

Republicans want to make defeating Obamacare their central theme in the elections of 2014 and 2016, however if this trend continues, the GOP's "big stick" is going to become a little twig, since they have no plan of their own, other than cutting almost everything (except corporate welfare of course.)

http://news.yahoo.com/americans-increasingly-prefer-democrats-healthcare-reuters-ipsos-poll-220803137--sector.html
  2. Standard member caissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    16 Apr '14 06:44
    Originally posted by bill718
    Despite the ACA's deeply flawed start, 2 things are becoming clear. First, the ACA is making slow, but steady gains in popularity and acceptance with the voting public. Second, despite the public's less than warm reception to the ACA, it's becoming clear that they like the GOP's plan even less.

Republicans want to make defeating Obamacare their central t ...[text shortened]... com/americans-increasingly-prefer-democrats-healthcare-reuters-ipsos-poll-220803137--sector.html
    I propose we throw both healthcare plans in the crapper since neither is, in a real sense, healthcare. We should just admit the failure which is so abundantly evident. As a society we are not ready to see healthcare as predominantly a non-capitalistic necessity. Unlike most of the world.
  3. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    16 Apr '14 06:47
    Originally posted by caissad4
    I propose we throw both healthcare plans in the crapper since neither is, in a real sense, healthcare. We should just admit the failure which is so abundantly evident. As a society we are not ready to see healthcare as predominantly a non-capitalistic necessity. Unlike most of the world.
    And your solution to the millions of Americans without healthcare coverage is...?
  4. 16 Apr '14 07:12
    And your solution to the millions of Americans without healthcare coverage is...?
    is obviously... just say no to healthcare plans.
  5. Standard member caissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    16 Apr '14 07:22
    Since there is no viable plan proposed it is probably best to shelve the idea for now. As I already said, we are not ready. The current Dem plan just makes health insurance companies rich beyond their wildest dreams and provides little healthcare for Main Street.
  6. 16 Apr '14 10:38
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Since there is no viable plan proposed it is probably best to shelve the idea for now. As I already said, we are not ready. The current Dem plan just makes health insurance companies rich beyond their wildest dreams and provides little healthcare for Main Street.
    The best way to kill bad legislation is to enforce it.

Currently, the government is not enforcing Obamacare, along with a slew of other bad laws they have shoved down our throats in the past.

Don't even get me started on the Constitution.
  7. 16 Apr '14 10:43
    Despite the ACA's deeply flawed start, 2 things are becoming clear. First, the ACA is making slow, but steady gains in popularity and acceptance with the voting public. Second, despite the public's less than warm reception to the ACA, they like the GOP's plan even less.

Republicans want to make defeating Obamacare their central theme in the elections of ...[text shortened]... com/americans-increasingly-prefer-democrats-healthcare-reuters-ipsos-poll-220803137--sector.html
    No bill, the biggest losers are the American people. The GOP has been given temporary life because of the ACA.

As you state, the only objective of the GOP is to point to the other parties ineptitude in the hopes of mustering votes. As for their own health care plan, it is fabulous!!
  8. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    16 Apr '14 13:54
    Repeal Obamacare.
  9. 16 Apr '14 15:46
    Originally posted by whodey
    No bill, the biggest losers are the American people. The GOP has been given temporary life because of the ACA.

As you state, the only objective of the GOP is to point to the other parties ineptitude in the hopes of mustering votes. As for their own health care plan, it is fabulous!!
    Who stands to gain the most with this?

Insurance companies? They must provide the service so they need to be in business. If they start to lose money the government must give them money so that they survive. Job security and guaranteed income for insurance companies.

I wonder why establishment Republicans would support Obamacare?
  10. 16 Apr '14 16:27
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Who stands to gain the most with this?

Insurance companies? They must provide the service so they need to be in business. If they start to lose money the government must give them money so that they survive. Job security and guaranteed income for insurance companies.

I wonder why establishment Republicans would support Obamacare?
    To get contributions from the insurance companies you say benefit from Obamacare?
  11. Standard member RBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    16 Apr '14 18:40

Republicans want to make defeating Obamacare their central theme in the elections of ...[text shortened]... com/americans-increasingly-prefer-democrats-healthcare-reuters-ipsos-poll-220803137--sector.html
    I didn't Qualify for O.C. but got on MediCal and have no co-pays.
  12. 16 Apr '14 19:20
    Originally posted by JS357
    To get contributions from the insurance companies you say benefit from Obamacare?
    ACA (ObamaCare) is what the book Extortion calls a double milker. There are those who love it and those who hate it. It passed at the last minute allowing maximum time for Congress to extract contributions from both sides, and now its shaky implementation and opposition creates more opportunity for legislators to extract money from the public, both for and against.
  13. 16 Apr '14 19:21
    Originally posted by Eladar

I wonder why establishment Republicans would support Obamacare?[/b]
    Because the establishment GOP has done nothing but increase the size and scope of government.
  14. 16 Apr '14 19:26
    Originally posted by whodey
    Because the establishment GOP has done nothing but increase the size and scope of government.
    And they can milk both sides for contributions, as long as they keep their powder dry, that is give the impression they are neutral.
  15. 16 Apr '14 19:29
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I didn't Qualify for O.C. but got on MediCal and have no co-pays.
    If you are on Medical, then as long as you don't mind your kids not receiving an inheritance more power to you.

I would say and as long as you are happy with inferior medical care and being treated like a lab rat in teaching hospitals, but that is now true for those who buy insurance too.