Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    25 Jan '12 21:06
    http://news.yahoo.com/gallup-congressional-dems-beat-gop-generic-2012-ballot-150825563.html

Despite grabbing most of the headlines in this election year, the GOP is still running behind the Democrats nationwide. By refusing to budge on taxes for the rich, and the infighting between Speaker Boehner, and tea party members in the house, the GOP is weakened, and a bit divided in 2012. This is balanced however by the fact that Republicans are a more diciplined group about voting than the Democrats.

My prediction is this will be a bitter and nasty election on all levels, and in the end, little will change. Obama will retain the Whitehouse, the Democrats will control the Senate, and the GOP will maintain control of the House.
  2. 25 Jan '12 22:22
    Keep dreaming.
  3. 25 Jan '12 22:57
    Originally posted by bill718
    http://news.yahoo.com/gallup-congressional-dems-beat-gop-generic-2012-ballot-150825563.html

Despite grabbing most of the headlines in this election year, the GOP is still running behind the Democrats nationwide. By refusing to budge on taxes for the rich, and the infighting between Speaker Boehner, and tea party members in the house, the GOP is weakened, ...[text shortened]... itehouse, the Democrats will control the Senate, and the GOP will maintain control of the House.
    And the Republican minority in the Senate will continue to disallow an up or down vote on even the most routine business.
  4. 25 Jan '12 23:39
    Originally posted by bill718

Despite grabbing most of the headlines in this election year, the GOP is still running behind the Democrats nationwide. By refusing to budge on taxes for the rich, and the infighting between Speaker Boehner, and tea party members in the house, the GOP is weakened, ...[text shortened]... itehouse, the Democrats will control the Senate, and the GOP will maintain control of the House.
    I actually think it's more likely that they'll retake the House, with a wash in the Senate. I do think Republicans are going to take some hits this year, but probably not enough to change the game significantly with the exception that the few remaining Republican moderates will buck the fading tea party influence every once in awhile.
  5. 25 Jan '12 23:51
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    I actually think it's more likely that they'll retake the House, with a wash in the Senate. I do think Republicans are going to take some hits this year, but probably not enough to change the game significantly with the exception that the few remaining Republican moderates will buck the fading tea party influence every once in awhile.
    ...and you're REALLY dreaming !
    This little "progressive" experiment is over !
    2010 was the first sign of it and it will be followed by 2012 when your "Chosen One" goes down in flames.
    I guarantee it.
  6. 26 Jan '12 00:06
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    ...and you're REALLY dreaming !
    This little "progressive" experiment is over !
    2010 was the first sign of it and it will be followed by 2012 when your "Chosen One" goes down in flames.
    I guarantee it.
    By whom? Romney? Gingrich? Santorum?

Maybe you had a chance, but the GOP has blown it.
  7. 26 Jan '12 00:10
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    By whom? Romney? Gingrich? Santorum?

Maybe you had a chance, but the GOP has blown it.
    Keep dreaming.
    Obamas done.
    Finished.
    The party is over.
    Turn out the lights.
  8. Standard member wittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    26 Jan '12 01:05
    I am confident Obama will win, but I imagine that the parties will exchange the houses of Congress--Democrats are defending too many Senate seats and Republicans are defending too many vulnerable House seats to keep a majority.
  9. 26 Jan '12 01:11
    Keep dreaming.
    Obamas done.
    Finished.
    The party is over.
    Turn out the lights.
    Just five more years, my friend. Five more years. Five more years. Five more years.
  10. 26 Jan '12 02:39
    Keep dreaming.
    Obamas done.
    Finished.
    The party is over.
    Turn out the lights.
    Mitt Romney is a paper tiger with a glass jaw and wobbly feet.
    Newt Gingrich is a fatal accident unfolding before our eyes.
    Ron Paul is many things, one of which is an odiferous old klansman.
    Rick Santorum begins to feel like his namesake after only minimal exposure.
    The man on a white horse is too busy proposing laws in Oklahoma to outlaw sharia law and keep fetal remains out of our food.
    The Republican Party will argue during this election that taxes on the wealthy are too low and professional baseball games will halt in the 7th inning this season for hour long lectures from Reverend Sun Myung Moon.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
  11. 26 Jan '12 02:41
    Keep dreaming.
    Obamas done.
    Finished.
    The party is over.
    Turn out the lights.
    In that case this nation is truly doomed.
  12. 26 Jan '12 04:33
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    I am confident Obama will win, but I imagine that the parties will exchange the houses of Congress--Democrats are defending too many Senate seats and Republicans are defending too many vulnerable House seats to keep a majority.
    Fortunately, I think Elizabeth Warren will defeat Scott Brown. I just wish Tom Kaine would run in Virginia.
  13. 26 Jan '12 05:36 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by kbear1k
    In that case this nation is truly doomed.
    Let me get this straight kbear. You are saying, If Obama is not reelected the Nation is doomed ?
    My next question is why ?

And what has he done thus far in his first term that has helped this Nation ?

Lowered unemployment ? No.
    Lowered the deficit ? No.
    Brought its citizens closer together ? No.
    Made our National defense stronger ? No.
    Secured our boarders ? No.
    What has he done kbear ?
  14. Standard member wittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    26 Jan '12 06:19
    Let me get this straight kbear. You are saying, If Obama is not reelected the Nation is doomed ?
    My next question is why ?

And what has he done thus far in his first term that has helped this Nation ?

Lowered unemployment ? No.
    Lowered the deficit ? No.
    Brought its citizens closer together ? No.
    Made our National defense stronger ? No.
    Secured our boarders ? No.
    What has he done kbear ?
    I have confidence that voters will appreciate the far more nuanced and realistic message that Obama offers them.
  15. 26 Jan '12 06:25 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    I have confidence that voters will appreciate the far more nuanced and realistic message that Obama offers them.
    Thats what we need, more nuance.

I swear, coming to this forum here is like stepping into the Twilight Zone. I am waiting for Rod Serling to pop out at any given moment.