Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member redbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    07 Jun '15 15:20
    waking each day knowing you are the butt of most jokes.
  2. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    07 Jun '15 19:24 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by redbadger
    Did mighty Britain ever find any airplanes to put on your aircraft carrier?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/8072041/Navy-aircraft-carrier-will-be-sold-after-three-years-and-never-carry-jets.html
  3. Standard member vivify
    rain
    07 Jun '15 21:47 / 3 edits
    You know, there is a shocking number unpleasant retards in the U.S. What makes up for it is the soul-crushing jealousy of those who hate America. How is it fair that this nation of jerkoffs gets to have an unbelievably high standard of living? How does the fattest nation on earth utterly trump the rest of the world in Olympic medals? How does America's Dream Team team blow out it's competition in basketball while being comprised mostly of the racial group with the highest rates of obesity and diabetes?

It hurts, doesn't it? That your country is no where near as powerful as this one? That a nation of idiots is responsible for most of the technology that runs our world? You know, like the car, light bulb, airplane, ... and on and on and on?

America is like the loud obnoxious jock who gets the hot girl, while the nerdy, pimple-faced straight-A student shivers in anger over how rich, powerful and influential the remedial English student who just have him a swirly is.

Don't worry. Our massive debt acquired from years of decadent hedonism will eventually destroy us. But boy, what a great ride it's gonna be till then. In the meantime, try not to let your jealousy shorten your life span.
  4. Standard member vivify
    rain
    07 Jun '15 22:02 / 2 edits
    Hey, name a county that doesn't give a flying fck about soccer, a sport the rest of the world obsesses over to the points of mass riot and death, yet still won two World Cups?

Hint: it's the nation no country would attack alone for fear of being turned into a pile of ash.
  5. Standard member vivify
    rain
    07 Jun '15 22:08
    You know what, ignore everything I just said. I forgot Americans don't care enough about what other countries think to even find where they are on a map.
  6. Standard member st dominics preview
    troll taunter
    07 Jun '15 22:14 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by vivify
    Hey, name a county

Hint: it's the nation no country would attack alone for fear of being turned into a pile of ash.
    A COUNTY?? Yorkshire? Devon?

I suspect that was a typo. In answer to your question, as far as I am aware, every country that has won the World Cup holds soccer as an important sport.

Enlighten me ~ please, NOT USA in women's football....perleeze
  7. 07 Jun '15 22:29 / 1 edit
    Oh dear, another anti-Semitic European who helped bring the likes of Hitler to power.

Why not give Obama another Nobel Peace Prize, maybe he will take out another rich oil dictator for you.
  8. Standard member vivify
    rain
    07 Jun '15 22:40
    Originally posted by st dominics preview
    A COUNTY?? Yorkshire? Devon?

I suspect that was a typo. In answer to your question, as far as I am aware, every country that has won the World Cup holds soccer as an important sport.

Enlighten me ~ please, NOT USA in women's football....perleeze
    Yes, it was women's soccer. I take you believe women's sports shouldn't be respected?
  9. Standard member st dominics preview
    troll taunter
    07 Jun '15 22:48
    Yes, it was women's soccer. I take you believe women's sports shouldn't be respected?
    Not at all. I simply answered your question. If one speaks of the World Cup in soccer, then most sports fans would be looking at the 'men's version'. 1930 to present.

I have every respect for women (and men) sports persons. What an odd thing to say.
  10. Standard member vivify
    rain
    07 Jun '15 23:10
    Originally posted by st dominics preview

I have every respect for women (and men) sports persons. What an odd thing to say.
    "Enlighten me ~ please, NOT USA in women's football....perleeze".

Yes, that's not demeaning women at all.
  11. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    07 Jun '15 23:50
    With such a huge population there are going to be jerks and geniuses depending where you look. But when boasting about what a great deal Americans enjoy, it is useful to check out which Americans you refer to.

More than 45 million people, or 14.5 percent of all Americans, lived below the poverty line last year, the Census Bureau reported on Tuesday. The percentage of Americans in poverty fell from 15 percent in 2012, the biggest such decline since the year 2000. But the level of poverty is still higher than 12.3 percent in 2006, before the recession began

A third of all families headed by single women were in poverty last year -- that's 15.6 million such households.

The black poverty rate was 27.2 percent, unchanged from 2012 and higher than 24.3 percent before the recession began. More than 11 million black Americans lived below the poverty level last year. About 42.5 percent of the households headed by single black women were in poverty. The Hispanic poverty rate was 23.5 percent.

Median household income barely budged last year, edging up to $51,939 from $51,759 in 2012, the Census Bureau noted separately. Median income is still far from the $56,436 in 2007 and the all-time high of $56,895 in 1999.

In this regard, the typical American household has suffered from a lost decade, and then some, noted University of Michigan economist Justin Wolfers. Stagnant income is a big reason why nearly half of all Americans think the recession is still going on, even though the National Bureau of Economic Research said it technically ended in June 2009.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/16/poverty-household-income_n_5828974.html

Someone's having a ball but not the "typical American." And when you fall, there is a long way down.
  12. 08 Jun '15 00:27
    Originally posted by finnegan
    With such a huge population there are going to be jerks and geniuses depending where you look. But when boasting about what a great deal Americans enjoy, it is useful to check out which Americans you refer to.

More than 45 million people, or 14.5 percent of all Americans, lived below the poverty line last year, the Census Bureau reported on Tuesday. Th ...[text shortened]... ne's having a ball but not the "typical American." And when you fall, there is a long way down.
    Why not come to Baltimore for a visit?
  13. 08 Jun '15 02:33
    Americans don't usually concern themselves with what foreigners think.

We are too concerned with how our once great country is going to hell in a hand basket.

Countries like the UK that went to pot long ago don't really have to worry about it. Those people were born and raised in a 2nd rate country that needs the US to protect it.
  14. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    08 Jun '15 04:38
    Russia - the only country that has to pay people to post patriotic stuff on the interwebz...

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/may/29/russia-troll-sues-former-employer

Well China does it too. We have a "grain of sand" here on the forum in fact.

http://www.strategypage.com/dls/articles2005/2005721212041.asp
  15. 08 Jun '15 06:14
    How is it fair that this nation of jerkoffs gets to have an unbelievably high standard of living?
    It isn't fair. The US gained that standard of living, partly off the backs of other countries.

How does the fattest nation on earth utterly trump the rest of the world in Olympic medals?
    A large population.
    Per capita, the US does rather poorly.
    http://www.medalspercapita.com/

How does America's Dream Team team blow out it's competition in basketball while being comprised mostly of the racial group with the highest rates of obesity and diabetes?
    Presumably, the members of the dream team are not obese. That tends to be the case with sports people. Its certainly a very odd thing to be proud of.

It hurts, doesn't it? That your country is no where near as powerful as this one?
    Yes, nobody else in the world spends as much on arms. But this isn't jealousy, I am glad that most countries are more sensible.

That a nation of idiots is responsible for most of the technology that runs our world? You know, like the car, light bulb, airplane, ... and on and on and on?
    Most of which was developed by importing brain power. The US seems to have great difficulty creating home grown genius. As long as you can maintain the prestige of your universities, you will probably continue to lead in technology sector. But I suspect the Chinese will soon make up with volume what they lack in prestige and quality.