Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    23091
    04 Oct '15 14:01
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/04/opinion/sunday/nicholas-kristof-a-new-way-to-tackle-gun-deaths.html

    Good ideas from Kristof on how to approach gun control.
  2. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    143878
    04 Oct '15 14:28
    Originally posted by Phranny
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/04/opinion/sunday/nicholas-kristof-a-new-way-to-tackle-gun-deaths.html

    Good ideas from Kristof on how to approach gun control.
    Nothing will ever be done about gun control in the U.S it's something you will have to live with .The genie is out of the bottle and there is no going back .
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    04 Oct '15 19:591 edit
    Originally posted by Phranny
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/04/opinion/sunday/nicholas-kristof-a-new-way-to-tackle-gun-deaths.html

    Good ideas from Kristof on how to approach gun control.
    sensible ideas.


    you keep your sensible ideas to yourself, ya hear, this is murica we're talking about.
  4. Joined
    15 Jul '10
    Moves
    133409
    04 Oct '15 21:40
    As soon as gun control is established in the USA, Is when all the immigrants and radical groups can go door to door taking our heads off.

    As long as We can defend ourselves, We will prevent large scale attacks on our soil.

    It is my opinion the U.S. Government provokes small scale incidents to try and get control of our guns.

    Obama has done more to tear down our Country, Than to do anything constructive for it.
  5. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    04 Oct '15 22:142 edits
    Originally posted by SERGEANTPMAIN
    As soon as gun control is established in the USA, Is when all the immigrants and radical groups can go door to door taking our heads off.
    As long as We can defend ourselves, We will prevent large scale attacks on our soil.
    It is my opinion the U.S. Government provokes small scale incidents to try and get control of our guns.
    Obama has done more to tear down our Country, Than to do anything constructive for it.
    I find it rather amusing to see a die-hard CSA apologist posturing like a pro-USA 'patriot'.
    Would SERGEANTPMAIN, a fanatical supporter of the CSA (known from another thread),
    be interested in using guns to have Southern states secede and form a future CSA?
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    04 Oct '15 23:01
    Originally posted by SERGEANTPMAIN
    As soon as gun control is established in the USA, Is when all the immigrants and radical groups can go door to door taking our heads off.

    As long as We can defend ourselves, We will prevent large scale attacks on our soil.

    It is my opinion the U.S. Government provokes small scale incidents to try and get control of our guns.

    Obama has done more to tear down our Country, Than to do anything constructive for it.
    heh funny.
  7. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    23091
    04 Oct '15 23:29
    Originally posted by SERGEANTPMAIN
    As soon as gun control is established in the USA, Is when all the immigrants and radical groups can go door to door taking our heads off.

    As long as We can defend ourselves, We will prevent large scale attacks on our soil.

    It is my opinion the U.S. Government provokes small scale incidents to try and get control of our guns.

    Obama has done more to tear down our Country, Than to do anything constructive for it.
    Unless you are a full blooded Native American, you are the son of immigrants. So I guess you come from a long line of terrorists. I think you should be shipped back to your relatives true homeland as you are too, too scary to remain in the U.S.A.
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    2415
    04 Oct '15 23:56
    Let them have all the guns they want. Just control the ammo.
  9. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    05 Oct '15 02:07
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Let them have all the guns they want. Just control the ammo.
    Let gun-loving Americans today have all the muzzle-loading smoothbore muskets they
    want, exactly as the Founding Fathers originally envisaged them having.
  10. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    65513
    05 Oct '15 02:17
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Let gun-loving Americans today have all the muzzle-loading smoothbore muskets they
    want, exactly as the Founding Fathers originally envisaged them having.
    Not again, how many times do we have to hear this old chestnut.

    There was no internet back in the day, does that mean the first amendment does not apply to speech posted online?
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    05 Oct '15 08:01
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Not again, how many times do we have to hear this old chestnut.

    There was no internet back in the day, does that mean the first amendment does not apply to speech posted online?
    it doesn't apply to bazookas and explosives. reasonable people understand common sense lines.

    reasonable people understand that laws made 200 years ago by some slave owners can be overturned today.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    05 Oct '15 08:02
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Not again, how many times do we have to hear this old chestnut.

    There was no internet back in the day, does that mean the first amendment does not apply to speech posted online?
    also, free speech is a right. guns are a privilege
  13. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    65513
    05 Oct '15 08:13
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    also, free speech is a right. guns are a privilege
    That's one of your dream feelings because you don't know what 'rights' are.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    05 Oct '15 08:15
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    That's one of your dream feelings because you don't know what 'rights' are.
    i was gonna say the same thing. you don't know what rights are
  15. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    65513
    05 Oct '15 08:161 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    i was gonna say the same thing. you don't know what rights are
    A right is the sovereignty to act with out the permission of others.

    Your turn.

    (hehe...z is now busy on the google trying to find something that will fit)
Back to Top