Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 28 Aug '15 18:31
    Since 1933, there have been 1.4 million known deaths in the U.S. due to guns not related to war. Since 1775, there have been 650,858 U.S. causalities due to war. Why even bother worrying about foreign terrorist attacks? U.S. citizens do a great job of killing each other right within their our own borders. http://www.vakkur.com/hx/guns/guns_kia_79_99.htm
  2. Standard member vivify
    rain
    28 Aug '15 18:38 / 1 edit
    Here's a preview of what conservatives on this forum will counter with:

    "Cars kill more people each year, let's ban cars!"

    --Accidents and murders aren't the same thing

    "Cars will be murder weapons!" (That's actually been said here before.)

    This is a conversation that goes nowhere. Thousands of people are murdered each year with guns because of it.
  3. Standard member vivify
    rain
    28 Aug '15 18:44 / 2 edits
    Let's get another conservative talking point out of the way:

    "Gun control infringes my constitutional rights!"

    ---You can still have guns, we just need sensible regulation for the safety of the public.

    "Infringement!"
  4. Standard member vivify
    rain
    28 Aug '15 18:47
    "When the government attacks me with their tanks, drones and long-range missiles, my guns will protect me!!!"
  5. Standard member vivify
    rain
    28 Aug '15 18:55 / 1 edit
    The D.C. snipers, who went on a random shooting spree for a few weeks, were able to get away because they shot victims from a distance through a whole in their trunk. They then simply drove away, since no one knew where the shots came from.

    The only reason they were caught, was because of a cop who randomly spotted that they were parked illegally while sleeping in their car. Private ownership of guns is a problem.
  6. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    28 Aug '15 19:58
    Originally posted by vivify
    "When the government attacks me with their tanks, drones and long-range missiles, my guns will protect me!!!"
    Muamar Gaddafi was shot with a gun despite all his expensive military equipment.
  7. Standard member vivify
    rain
    28 Aug '15 20:30
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Muamar Gaddafi was shot with a gun despite all his expensive military equipment.
    Being able to kill one member of the military isn't the same as defeating the military.
  8. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    28 Aug '15 20:32
    Originally posted by vivify
    Being able to kill one member of the military isn't the same as defeating the military.
  9. 29 Aug '15 12:23
    Originally posted by vivify
    Here's a preview of what conservatives on this forum will counter with:

    "Cars kill more people each year, let's ban cars!"

    --Accidents and murders aren't the same thing

    "Cars will be murder weapons!" (That's actually been said here before.)

    This is a conversation that goes nowhere. Thousands of people are murdered each year with guns because of it.
    "Cars kill more people each year, let's ban cars!"
    all while casually ignoring the fact that nobody wants to ban guns.
  10. 30 Aug '15 00:20
    In the U.S. you have to show an ID to buy Sudafed, an over the counter cold medicine, so you can be traced in case you are cooking drugs in your kitchen. In the U.S. you can buy tens of thousands of rounds of ammunition over the Internet and no whistles or alarms will go off until they are used to shoot up a movie theater.
  11. 30 Aug '15 01:50
    Originally posted by Phranny
    In the U.S. you have to show an ID to buy Sudafed, an over the counter cold medicine, so you can be traced in case you are cooking drugs in your kitchen. In the U.S. you can buy tens of thousands of rounds of ammunition over the Internet and no whistles or alarms will go off until they are used to shoot up a movie theater.
    Instead of bitching and moaning about it state your solution.
    What do you propose ? Do you have any answers or is this just a crybaby session ?
    No ammo sales on line ?
    Limited ammo sales on line ?
    What ?
    Give your stance and then maybe there can be a debate.
    After all this is the "debates forum".
  12. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    30 Aug '15 10:03
    Guns save lives.
  13. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    30 Aug '15 10:56
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Instead of bitching and moaning about it state your solution.
    What do you propose ? Do you have any answers or is this just a crybaby session ?
    No ammo sales on line ?
    Limited ammo sales on line ?
    What ?
    Give your stance and then maybe there can be a debate.
    After all this is the "debates forum".
    Solution?
    Check out any civilised country.
  14. 30 Aug '15 10:59
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Solution?
    Check out any civilised country.
    That's not very specific.
  15. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    30 Aug '15 11:28
    I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with gun ownership.
    If people enjoy shooting at ranges or hunting or, hell, even to prepare for some revolution; all fine by me.

    But when someone wants a gun "in case of..." They want the gun out of fear. And people who are scared aren't rational and people who aren't rational shouldn't have weapons. They should have therapy.

    Another thing that gets on my tits, are those morons who think they should tote their semi-automatic rifles into restaurants... Just because they can.
    When I'm enjoying a steak, I don't want rednecks armed with AK 47's hanging around.
    Just like they probably don't want me picking my nose and scratching my crotch during their BBQ's.