1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 22:181 edit
    Those of you who are American and advocates of gun ownership, would you advise UK citizens to push for the same gun laws that you have? If so, how do you think it would improve British society?
  2. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 23:441 edit
    @stellspalfie said
    Those of you who are American and advocates of gun ownership, would you advise UK citizens to push for the same gun laws that you have? If so, how do you think it would improve British society?
    Would you advise UK citizens to push for the same gun laws that you have?

NO!! I like Europeans, and would not wish this for them. Our 2nd amendment was was passed by Congress September 25, 1789 when our country was very young and under the threat of invasion by countries far stronger than our own. It was also a time when people had to hunt in order to feed their families. Neither of these things have been true for a very long time. Conservatives, gun manufacturers, the NRA, and other assorted zombies have kept this outdated amendment alive for financial, and political reasons as well as to make up for their own erectile dysfunction. Gun violence, dead citizens in the streets and dead children in the schools, is NOT something you folks need.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Nov '18 16:32
    We have enough problems with this sudden increase in knife crime. Introducing guns would be idiocy.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Nov '18 19:11
    @divegeester said
    We have enough problems with this sudden increase in knife crime. Introducing guns would be idiocy.
    But if you have a gun you can defend yourself from a knife!
  5. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    11 Nov '18 20:05
    @wolfgang59 said
    But if you have a gun you can defend yourself from a knife!
    If you have a gun, then the guy with a knife has a gun too.

The idiocy around the gun culture continues. 😠
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Nov '18 20:25
    @mghrn55 said
    If you have a gun, then the guy with a knife has a gun too.

The idiocy around the gun culture continues. 😠
    Wolfgang59 is provoking the already provoked.
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Nov '18 16:39
    @mchill

I agree, my question is aimed at those who love their guns. I wonder given the choice if they would rather have guns than have Europe's gun violence statistics.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree