Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 14 May '17 16:39
    Roe vs. Wade has been the law of the land for almost half a century.

Happy Motherless day everyone!

So what is more annoying, having sex with people you don't particularly care for and don't want to spend your life with and raise their children, or having to beg the government to continue to pay for your contraceptives and abortions?
  2. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    14 May '17 16:44 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Roe vs. Wade has been the law of the land for almost half a century.

Happy Motherless day everyone!

So what is more annoying, having sex with people you don't particularly care for and don't want to spend your life with and raise their children, or having to beg the government to continue to pay for your contraceptives and abortions?
    https://act.weareultraviolet.org/sign/abortion_stories/

Whole article is instructive but I bet you aren't aware of this tidbit:

Fifty-nine percent of the women who choose abortion already have one or more children.

Your ignorant moralizing is more annoying than anything you mention.
  3. 14 May '17 16:51
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    https://act.weareultraviolet.org/sign/abortion_stories/

Whole article is instructive but I bet you aren't aware of this tidbit:

Fifty-nine percent of the women who choose abortion already have one or more children.

Your ignorant moralizing is more annoying than anything you mention.
    Actually, most abortions are done because women don't feel they have the time/money to have more.

It's bad for their portfolio and "me time".
  4. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    14 May '17 16:59
    Actually, most abortions are done because women don't feel they have the time/money to have more.

Their reasons are really none of your business. But there you go with the ignorant moralizing.

Here's some demographics regarding women who have abortion:

https://www.guttmacher.org/report/characteristics-us-abortion-patients-2014

As to "me time":

In 2014, three-fourths of abortion patients were low income—49% living at less than the federal poverty level, and 26% living at 100–199% of the poverty level.

So if you were sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo interested in cutting down the number of abortions, you might want to support measures that raise standards of living for the working class in the US.

BTW:

The majority of patients (53 paid for their abortion out of pocket;

And I found this interesting:

Many abortion patients reported a religious affiliation—24% were Catholic, 17% were mainline Protestant, 13% were evangelical Protestant and 8% identified with some other religion.
  5. 14 May '17 20:00
    Who has the right to moralize about infanticide? It's the law of the land. If it is the law of the land it is above moralizing.
  6. 14 May '17 20:17
    Their reasons are really none of your business. But there you go with the ignorant moralizing.

As to "me time":

In 2014, three-fourths of abortion patients were low income—49% living at less than the federal ...[text shortened]... mainline Protestant, 13% were evangelical Protestant and 8% identified with some other religion.
    Nearly 60 percent of abortions are either ro black or hispanic women, although blacks and hispanics only make up about 30 percent of the population.

Thus goes a long way to explain why so many catholics are having abortions. I taught in a barrio school district and asked my kids how many identified as Christian. A couple of kids raised their hands, they were one of the few black or white kids. I then asked if any identified as Catholic and every hispanic kid raised his or her hand. I remember one black kid look at me saying.. but, but, but aren't catholics. I stopped him and said they are right, they aren't Christians.

Seeing as the poor blacks and hispanics are having abortions at extremely high rates, it appears that abortions are being aimed at the black and hispanic populations.
  7. 15 May '17 00:19 / 1 edit
    Looking at the abortiin rates again...

13 percent of the US citizens live in poverty, but those wgo live in poverty accout for half of the abortions.

Socioeconomic is a much better way of viewing things like this. The abortionists are obviously going after the poor.
  8. 15 May '17 01:43

As to "me time":

In 2014, three-fourths of abortion patients were low income—49% living at less than the federal ...[text shortened]... mainline Protestant, 13% were evangelical Protestant and 8% identified with some other religion.
    Yea, I get it. The unborn child cannot support itself once outside the womb, so it's not really human and can be snuffed out.

When do you reckon those who are on perpetual welfare will also be snuffed out?
  9. 15 May '17 01:53
    Yea, I get it. The unborn child cannot support itself once outside the womb, so it's not really human and can be snuffed out.

When do you reckon those who are on perpetual welfare will also be snuffed out?
    Why not sniff out people on life support? It is in essence what the mother is for the unborn child.
  10. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    15 May '17 02:05

As to "me time":

no1marauder - Please forgive him, for he knows not what he does.
  11. 15 May '17 03:52
    Originally posted by mchill
    no1marauder - Please forgive him, for he knows not what he does.
    Really? When is human life, human life, and why?

I had no idea you had all the answers.
  12. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    15 May '17 23:42

Is that why you had yours done?
  13. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    16 May '17 00:28 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by Eladar
    ....Socioeconomic is a much better way of viewing things like this. The abortionists are obviously going after the poor.
    And the rich are doing what exactly? Having tons of babies?? Or being fully contraceptivised and doing the wild thing till they drop?

If you are going to moralize against abortion then you should also moralize against those women who choose not to be baby factories and choose a career over raising the next white moral nation.

Why not rail against middle class white women for not keeping up the birthrate of socially well adjusted white children to ensure America is not overrun by brown babies? Surely the greater sin are those white women who put their sexual fulfillment and career opportunities ahead of child rearing and being supportive of their man???

Are not the sins of contraceptivised fornicating middle class white women just as evil as those poor Black and Hispanic women who also like doing the wild thing and choose abortions as their form of birth control???

If by using contraception white women can enjoy sexual pleasure and avoid the consequences of pregnancy and genuine wholesome relationships, then are they not doing irreparable damage to the fabric of society also,and are they not contributing also to the breakdown of society,if you believe, as is often alluded to, that the death toll of aborted fetuses by poor Black and Hispanic women is symptomatic of the moral decline in America and therefore should not be tolerated to continue?
  14. 16 May '17 01:20
    Originally posted by kmax87 to Eladar
    And the rich are doing what exactly? Having tons of babies?? Or being fully contraceptivised and doing the wild thing till they drop?

If you are going to moralize against abortion then you should also moralize against those women who choose not to be baby factories and choose a career over raising the next white moral nation.

Why not rail aga ...[text shortened]... s symptomatic of the moral decline in America and therefore should not be tolerated to continue?
    In Whodey's 'Discrimination against Asians' thread, Eladar spent his time whining about
    how white people are supposedly the most oppressed by racism in the USA today.

No one who knows enough about his posts believes that the racist troll Eladar has any
    sincere concern about the (varying) plight of blacks, Latinos, or Asians in the USA.
  15. 16 May '17 02:39
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Who has the right to moralize about infanticide? It's the law of the land. If it is the law of the land it is above moralizing.
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chandigarh/raped-by-stepfather-repeatedly-10-yr-old-found-pregnant/articleshow/58672659.cms

"Raped by stepfather repeatedly, 10-yr-old found pregnant."

A 10 year old Indian girl is (five months) pregnant after allegedly being repeatedly raped by her stepfather.
    Her family has asked doctors to make a special exception and perform an abortion.

Do 'pro-life' zealots like Whodey and Eladar believe that she should be happy to become a mother?