Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    02 Jan '19 03:21
    @shavixmir said
    Ohhh, many moons ago (1997) I concluded that there’s a lot of Mark’s on the internet...

I’d just written a fantasy story / RPG. Shavixmir is the evil king of Cidal.
    And since I made the name up, there weren’t many of them online.
    🙂
    I’ve used the name online ever since.

And in case you’re wondering... my avatar is a Games Workshop flagellant model I painted. I thr ...[text shortened]... hink it was a Picasso-filter, but that was in 2005 (or whenever I joined) and can’t really remember.
    Another decade-old mystery suddenly cleared up...
  2. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    02 Jan '19 03:50
    @sonhouse said
    First thing I hear on the news here in the US, a white dude with a beard randomly kills a 7 yo black girl at a mall. Great way to start the new year.
    There are plenty of outlets here for your pessimistic, desolate misanthropy and you choose the 'Happy New Year" thread to try and bring everyone down.

Not too bothered with birthdays and anniversaries but the new year is an opportunity to assess the situation, figure out what you can do better and attack the coming year with a bit of enthusiasm, try not to let sad sacks like sonhouse infect you there's much to be optimistic about.
  3. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    02 Jan '19 05:17
    @shavixmir Yep. Gotta love the bus bomb in Egypt and the illegals getting gassed and the TJ/and the US border trying to get in. Gonna be a great yr. That's just the start. Break out the popcorn or the guns.