Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    21 Apr '17 10:131 edit
    Howard Dean says that hate speech is not protected by the First Amendment.

    I suppose everyone on the fascist monolithic left agrees.

    If so, what is hate speech again?
  2. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    21 Apr '17 10:29
    Originally posted by whodey
    If so, what is hate speech again?
    This -> "I suppose everyone on the fascist monolithic left agrees."
  3. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    65525
    21 Apr '17 10:35
    Just tonight on another thread twithead said:

    "I support free speech."
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    21 Apr '17 10:50
    Originally posted by whodey
    Howard Dean says that hate speech is not protected by the First Amendment.

    I suppose everyone on the fascist monolithic left agrees.

    If so, what is hate speech again?
    "I suppose everyone on the fascist monolithic left agrees."
    you suppose wrong
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    21 Apr '17 11:26
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "I suppose everyone on the fascist monolithic left agrees."
    you suppose wrong
    So "hate speech" should be allowed?
  6. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    21 Apr '17 11:29
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Just tonight on another thread twithead said:

    "I support free speech."
    And I still do.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    21 Apr '17 11:36
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    And I still do.
    So you disagree with the monolithic left?

    Don't you fear persecution?
  8. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    21 Apr '17 11:42
    Originally posted by whodey
    So you disagree with the monolithic left?

    Don't you fear persecution?
    I disagree that there is a monolithic left. I can't disagree with something that only exists in your mind. No, wait ... I do disagree with most of what exists in your mind.
  9. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    21 Apr '17 11:563 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    I suppose everyone on the fascist monolithic left agrees.
    You call a group known for (in addition to Caucasians members) having the majority of blacks, Hispanics, Asians, gays, Muslims atheists and trans people voting for them "monolithic"...as opposed to the right, comprised mostly of white Christians?

    Yeah, you guys are a bastion of diversity.
  10. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    21 Apr '17 12:20
    Originally posted by vivify
    You call a group known for (in addition to Caucasians members) having the majority of blacks, Hispanics, Asians, gays, Muslims atheists and trans people voting for them "monolithic"...as opposed to the right, comprised mostly of white Christians?

    Yeah, you guys are a bastion of diversity.
    You do the same thing here.
    "Mostly white Christians "

    "Blacks, Asian Hispanics"
    There are more than a few at churches I have seen.
  11. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    21 Apr '17 12:26
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    You do the same thing here.
    "Mostly white Christians "

    "Blacks, Asian Hispanics"
    There are more than a few at churches I have seen.
    You misunderstood. Have you seen them at republican rallies? At KKK meetups?
  12. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    21 Apr '17 13:05
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You misunderstood. Have you seen them at republican rallies? At KKK meetups?
    I don't nor have I ever attended a rally of any kind. The point is "white Christians" is implying the lack of Asian, black or Hispanic.
    But never mind....
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    21 Apr '17 13:161 edit
    Originally posted by vivify
    You call a group known for (in addition to Caucasians members) having the majority of blacks, Hispanics, Asians, gays, Muslims atheists and trans people voting for them "monolithic"...as opposed to the right, comprised mostly of white Christians?

    Yeah, you guys are a bastion of diversity.
    When the GOP discusses health care reform, their are factions that disagree, thus they were unable to come together.

    Conversely, the monolithic left are all in agreement just how great Obamacare is and the need for government to take it over completely. Like the issue of global warming, there is no discussion ever needed about it again.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    21 Apr '17 13:18
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I disagree that there is a monolithic left. I can't disagree with something that only exists in your mind. No, wait ... I do disagree with most of what exists in your mind.
    Fine. You disagree that the left is monolithic. Great.

    What about hate speech? Do you agree that "hate speech" should be banned?
  15. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    21 Apr '17 13:27
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I don't nor have I ever attended a rally of any kind. The point is "white Christians" is implying the lack of Asian, black or Hispanic.
    But never mind....
    No, the point was that the largest segment of republicans is white Christians. He was not saying that black Christians don't exist or are even rare, he was saying they are typically not republicans.
Back to Top