Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 16:241 edit
    Who decides where to draw the line?

Rugby Australia have announced that they intend to terminate Israel Folau's contract.

The definition of free speech these days seems to be believe what I believe otherwise you’re guilty of hate speech.

It also seems we chose players based on their beliefs rather than ability, its no different to choosing players based on the color of their skin.

I am in no way supporting what he said.

Still think it’s funny how all atheists call it 'hate speech' when he said people will go to 'Hell'. Sorry, what is 'Hell' to an atheist again? Shouldn’t they remember their own beliefs and that 'Repent' and 'Hell' mean nothing to them?

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-11/israel-folau-set-to-be-sacked-by-rugby-australia/10993856?pfmredir=sm
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 16:28
    @dj2becker said

Rugby Australia have announced that they intend to terminate Israel Folau's contract.

The definition of free speech these days seems to be believe what I believe otherwise you’re guilty of hate speech.

It also seems we chose players based on their beliefs rather than ability, its no different to choosing players based on the c ...[text shortened]... ile.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-11/israel-folau-set-to-be-sacked-by-rugby-australia/10993856?pfmredir=sm
    The limits are when actual violence can be the result of hate speech. Like you don't yell FIRE inside a crowded movie theater. There are limits to what is acceptable and I think a large part of the resurgence in hate speech comes directly from Trump who has called refugees 'animals', rapists, murderers, drug dealers, slave traders and so forth. That foments the radical right to rationalize the idea it is ok to start shooting up a mosque or theater. That is my opinion on the issue anyway.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 17:15
    @sonhouse said
    The limits are when actual violence can be the result of hate speech. Like you don't yell FIRE inside a crowded movie theater. There are limits to what is acceptable and I think a large part of the resurgence in hate speech comes directly from Trump who has called refugees 'animals', rapists, murderers, drug dealers, slave traders and so forth. That foments the radical right ...[text shortened]... the idea it is ok to start shooting up a mosque or theater. That is my opinion on the issue anyway.
    Do you think it’s a bit over the top for him to get sacked or do you think he deserves it ?
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 17:29
    @dj2becker said

It also seems we chose players based on their beliefs rather than ability, its no different to choosing players based on the c ...[text shortened]... ile.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-11/israel-folau-set-to-be-sacked-by-rugby-australia/10993856?pfmredir=sm
    if i repeat that freedom of speech protects you from being imprisoned by the state for what you say not from being fired for your dumbass beliefs 1 million times, do i get a free dinner somewhere nice?
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 17:55
    @zahlanzi said
    if i repeat that freedom of speech protects you from being imprisoned by the state for what you say not from being fired for your dumbass beliefs 1 million times, do i get a free dinner somewhere nice?
    So they’re dumbass because they’re different to yours?
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 18:10
    @dj2becker said
    So they’re dumbass because they’re different to yours?
    no, they are dumbass because they are the hateful views of a hateful prick. the hateful prick should be allowed to be a hateful prick and a private organization should be allowed to be free of that hateful prick. that's freedom of speech. you can't demand your freedom of speech while stopping me from expressing mine.
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 18:11
    @sonhouse said
    The limits are when actual violence can be the result of hate speech. Like you don't yell FIRE inside a crowded movie theater. There are limits to what is acceptable and I think a large part of the resurgence in hate speech comes directly from Trump who has called refugees 'animals', rapists, murderers, drug dealers, slave traders and so forth. That foments the radical right ...[text shortened]... the idea it is ok to start shooting up a mosque or theater. That is my opinion on the issue anyway.
    sort of like “burn that bitch down”?
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 18:20
    @zahlanzi said
    no, they are dumbass because they are the hateful views of a hateful prick. the hateful prick should be allowed to be a hateful prick and a private organization should be allowed to be free of that hateful prick. that's freedom of speech. you can't demand your freedom of speech while stopping me from expressing mine.
    Is everyone who voices their religious views a hateful prick?
  9. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 18:23
    @sonhouse said
    what goes through your mind when you read a news article about one of these “refugees” raping a young child? killing an innocent American?
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 18:25
    @sonhouse said
    what do you call these animals?

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/feb/26/illegal-immigrant-children-abused-other-illegals/
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 18:35
    @dj2becker said
    Is everyone who voices their religious views a hateful prick?
    if those religious views dictate that one is going to suffer for all eternity for who they are, the one who has them is a hateful prick.
  12. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 19:00
    @zahlanzi said
    if those religious views dictate that one is going to suffer for all eternity for who they are, the one who has them is a hateful prick.
    you queer?
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 19:141 edit
    @zahlanzi said
    So it’s ok for people to be who they are as long as they aren’t devout Christian?
  14. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 20:21
    @mott-the-hoople said
    what do you call these animals?

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/feb/26/illegal-immigrant-children-abused-other-illegals/
    Prisoners. Prisons are brutal places. Trump should not be locking children in prisons!
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 21:31
    @dj2becker said
    So it’s ok for people to be who they are as long as they aren’t devout Christian?
    you can be a devout christian and not be an ashole. if you believe gays and atheists are going to hell to suffer for all eternity, keep it to yourself.