Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    15 Sep '18 00:28
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    I wonder if the person thumbing down my posts in this thread has enough guts to come forward and explain why.

No doubt, yet another 'rape apologist', as disgusting as it is wrong.
    My stuff is always thumbed down -- probably because many people hate that I am right wing.

But Duchess, you, and some others even have everything thumbed down though they are often Left or Center-left.

I guess I'd be wondering about that, too, lol.

But hey, welcome to RHP.
  2. Zugzwang
    Moves
    15 Sep '18 00:44
    How does it feel to be a woman working in a "man's world"?

https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/female-journalists-abuse/

"Female Journalists Face Rape Threats and 'Relentless' Abuse, Survey Finds"

"Female journalists are facing a "relentless" barrage of attacks and harassment, with nearly
    a third considering leaving the profession as a result, media support organisations have warned.
    More than half of women in media have suffered work-related abuse, threats or physical
    attacks in the past year"

"The majority of women said their gender was a key reason they had been targeted,
    in a survey of nearly 600 female journalists in the United States and around the world.
    More than half reported they had been threatened or abused in a face-to-face encounter
    in the course of their work, with over a quarter saying they had been physically attacked.
    Nearly two-thirds said they had suffered online harassment or threats, with more than
    one in ten reporting it happened often or daily."

"One former female journalist in the United States quoted in the report said she left her
    job after receiving a stream of online abuse, including a message with a racial slur saying
    "I will rape you and throw you in the gutter.""

"Female journalists also said they felt abuse was increasing, with nine in ten saying they
    had seen a rise in both physical and online threats over the past five years.
    Most said they feared for their safety, with more than a third saying they avoided covering
    certain stories as a result and a similar percentage saying they were considering leaving
    the profession altogether."
  3. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    15 Sep '18 02:501 edit
    I get hate mail all the time for my endeavors -- not here, of course, but I am involved in running a few other things of the Christian conservative tradition.

I have received death threats toward myself and my family -- but, logically, I do not make any relevant information known as to how any of that could come into being.

My point is only that, having your name out there in any fashion, attracts crazies and results in people giving you all sorts of grief.

None fo that is special or particular to her situation, Duchy. You are just easily confused by the narrative that the media wants you to believe because you are sheepishly following their narratives.

You call me a racist all the time -- but, still, I have edited it to merely describe your action and to not describe who you are. People change, and people are different than their actions.
  4. Zugzwang
    Moves
    15 Sep '18 03:442 edits
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    I get hate mail all the time for my endeavors -- not here, of course, but I am involved in running a few other things of the Christian conservative tradition.

I have received death threats toward myself and my family -- but, logically, I do not make any relevant information known as to how any of that could come into being.

My point is only that, ...[text shortened]... ion and to not describe who you are. People change, and people are different than their actions.
    The self-pitying white man Philokalia prefers to ignore
    the evidence that women or non-white minorities tend
    to get more abused than white men on the internet.

The disingenuous Philokalia prefers to ignore the evidence
    that many diverse writers have condemned him as a racist.
    Do I need to list them?
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Sep '18 04:21
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    I wonder if the person thumbing down my posts in this thread has enough guts to come forward and explain why.

No doubt, yet another 'rape apologist', as disgusting as it is wrong.
    I think you can safely rule out D64. That leaves a couple of obvious choices. Like you said, rape is rape, rape is wrong no matter who does it, if a woman says no, you stop. Period. End of discussion. Any man who continues after that is a rapist. Pure and simple. He can't control his urges so he is in fact raping. BTW, I never ever gave you a thumbs down anywhere.
  6. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    16 Sep '18 06:50
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    The self-pitying white man Philokalia prefers to ignore
    the evidence that women or non-white minorities tend
    to get more abused than white men on the internet.

The disingenuous Philokalia prefers to ignore the evidence
    that many diverse writers have condemned him as a racist.
    Do I need to list them?
    By the definitions of convenience in a strongly slanted leftist forum, of course you can make a list of similar Leftoids who think that I am a "racist."

This is literally one of the only ways that similarly braindead far leftists identity politicians win debate: call everyone a racist until they give up.

But, no, you have to debate me.

I deny that I am a racist -- but what is more important than that: these accusations and words are entirely empty from someone who is infamous for playing this card until it is utterly exhausted here in the forums.

Even leftist posters like McHill & Marauder are routinely accused of this by you.

You are out of touch with reality.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    16 Sep '18 07:47
    By the definitions of convenience in a strongly slanted leftist forum, of course you can make a list of similar Leftoids who think that I am a "racist."

This is literally one of the only ways that similarly braindead far leftists identity politicians win debate: call everyone a racist until they give up.

But, no, you have to debate me.

I deny ...[text shortened]... e McHill & Marauder are routinely accused of this by you.

You are out of touch with reality.
    People call you a racist because of your racist viewpoints and statements, not because of some kind of leftist conspiracy. If you don't want to be called a racist, your best course of action would be to change your racist views into non-racist ones.
  8. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    16 Sep '18 08:29
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    People call you a racist because of your racist viewpoints and statements, not because of some kind of leftist conspiracy. If you don't want to be called a racist, your best course of action would be to change your racist views into non-racist ones.
    The word "racist" has no power over me -- I know it isn't the case at all.

You & Duchy and other far leftists can keep trying to hammer people down with that, but your accusations of racism are boring & trite.

Why don't you actually try arguing a point.

You sound despirited.
  9. Germany
    Moves
    16 Sep '18 08:58
    The word "racist" has no power over me -- I know it isn't the case at all.

You & Duchy and other far leftists can keep trying to hammer people down with that, but your accusations of racism are boring & trite.

Why don't you actually try arguing a point.

You sound despirited.
    It's not an accusation, it's an observation.

If you think racism is bad, why not renounce your racist beliefs instead of relabeling them as non-racist?
  10. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    16 Sep '18 10:02
    It's not an accusation, it's an observation.

If you think racism is bad, why not renounce your racist beliefs instead of relabeling them as non-racist?
    I do not see any of my views as racist.

They aren't racist at all.

You are just in Marxist thinking mode where any kind of critique of a minority means I am a unrepentant racist.

You live in Germany, right? Like you could hardly be a judge of what racism is in a hypersensitive society like that. You just have extreme, emotional responses that do not reflect reality or how words should even be used;.
  11. Germany
    Moves
    16 Sep '18 10:53
    I do not see any of my views as racist.

They aren't racist at all.

You are just in Marxist thinking mode where any kind of critique of a minority means I am a unrepentant racist.

You live in Germany, right? Like you could hardly be a judge of what racism is in a hypersensitive society like that. You just have extreme, emotional responses that do not reflect reality or how words should even be used;.
    Here is some information about what racism is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

You will find that some of your beliefs can be accurately described as "racist." No, you do not have to burn crosses or lynch dark-skinned people in order to qualify as a racist. Here is a relevant excerpt:
    The term racism is a noun describing the state of being racist, i.e., subscribing to the belief that the human population can or should be classified into races with differential abilities and dispositions [...]
  12. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    16 Sep '18 11:03

You will find that some of your beliefs can be accurately described as "racist." No, you do not have to burn crosses or lynch dark-skinned people in order to qualify as a racist. Here is a relevant excerpt:
    The term racism is a noun describing the state of ...[text shortened]... an or should be classified into races with differential abilities and dispositions [...]
    Zing!
  13. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    16 Sep '18 11:07

The term racism is a noun describing the state of ...[text shortened]... an or should be classified into races with differential abilities and dispositions [...]
    I think this accurately describes zalooney, who started a thread about a Hispanic fellow that was a Trump supporter, he couldn't understand how a Hispanic person might go against their race 'disposition'.
  14. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    16 Sep '18 11:33
    I believe any definition of racist should require the concept that they are hateful and bigoted.

I do not think any other definition of racism is relevant,for the way that racist is affectively brandished, it is grounds for ruining and destroying a person's life.

Believing that Africans are naturally taller and have more quick twitch muscle and make for better basketball players doesn't make someone a hateful bigot,and thus doesn't merit that they be fired.

Nor does believing that Asian people age beautifully and better than other races make one a racist.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Sep '18 12:30
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    I think you can safely rule out D64. That leaves a couple of obvious choices. Like you said, rape is rape, rape is wrong no matter who does it, if a woman says no, you stop. Period. End of discussion. Any man who continues after that is a rapist. Pure and simple. He can't control his urges so he is in fact raping. BTW, I never ever gave you a thumbs down anywhere.
    It's not the mere thumbing-down. I tend to be outspoken, and so I'm used to insecure people whinging about me. It's just that, in this thread, I don't see anything I said as 'controversial'.