Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 22 Jul '10 23:38
    He could be President Obama's worst nightmare – a business mastermind, a natural problem solver and a black man of "substance" who says he would "take the race card off the table" in a challenge against Obama as the GOP presidential candidate in 2012.

Has Obama met his match?

"We need a realistic candidate to run on the Republican ticket who can beat Barack Obama – not just beat the Democrats," Herman Cain, an Atlanta radio talk-show host, former CEO of Godfather's Pizza and 2004 Senate seeker, told WND. "We've also got to beat Barack Obama."

He added, "Obama is a master of rhetoric. He is a master of deceptive language. And any white candidate who runs against him will be up against the race card. I take the race card off the table."

'Problem solver' in chief?

Cain told WND his experience as a problem solver – and not a politician – is the No. 1 reason he can beat Obama in an election.

"People don't understand the difference," he said. "Barack Obama is an outstanding politician – and that's all! He is not a problem solver."

Who agrees with Mr. Cains observations, who doesn't?

A report out yesterday, on the forced closing of profitable car dealerships operated under the GM Flag, tends to add credibility to Cains claims of Obama not being a problem solver... Many of the GM dealerships were doing well, but forced to close, causing salesmen, mechanics and technicians to lose jobs.. was that a smart busines move,, not really?? I susepct for every job lost in a large operation, there are 2-5 jobs lost in other support busineses..
    Speak?!
  2. 23 Jul '10 01:35
    CEO of Godfather's Pizza? i'd vote for him.
  3. 23 Jul '10 02:18
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    CEO of Godfather's Pizza? i'd vote for him.
    I read somewhere that almost anyone could beat Obama now,
  4. 23 Jul '10 02:21
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    He could be President Obama's worst nightmare – a business mastermind, a natural problem solver and a black man of "substance" who says he would "take the race card off the table" in a challenge against Obama as the GOP presidential candidate in 2012.

Has Obama met his match?

"We need a realistic candidate to run on the Republican ticket who can b ...[text shortened]... e operation, there are 2-5 jobs lost in other support busineses..
    Speak?!
    I listen to him on a daily basis.
  5. 23 Jul '10 02:27
    Peewee Herman?
  6. 23 Jul '10 03:27
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    I listen to him on a daily basis.
    And what are your thoughts?
  7. 23 Jul '10 12:42
    And what are your thoughts?
    He laughs at the notion of running for President. I think he is great at what he does. Could he beat Obama if he did though? Certainly!
  8. 23 Jul '10 13:51
    [
    He added, "Obama is a master of rhetoric. He is a master of deceptive language. And any white candidate who runs against him will be up against the race card. I take the race card off the table."
    Can't we find someone just like him who is black?
  9. 23 Jul '10 13:52
    I would vote for ya Hugh.
  10. 23 Jul '10 14:19
    And any white candidate who runs against him will be up against the race card. I take the race card off the table.
    It was Obama who was "up against the race card". Most blacks vote Democrat anyway, so the main consequence of Obama's race was that some white racists didn't vote for him.

That's not to say that having two black candidates for President in 2012 wouldn't be an interesting idea.