Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    14 Mar '17 21:44 / 1 edit
    How're you doing up there? Did you get 2 feet of snow up there? We got almost that much down here in Rockland. Pretty crazy for Pi day. I never remember this kind of storm this late in the year.

    Good luck digging out. Hopefully you have a plow service or at least a batch of youngins. Don't try to shovel this stuff. It's heavy and nasty.
  2. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    14 Mar '17 21:50
    Oh, and for whodey: It's Obama's fault.
  3. Standard member vivify
    rain
    14 Mar '17 21:51
    Originally posted by sh76
    How're you doing up there? Did you get 2 feet of snow up there? We got almost that much down here in Rockland. Pretty crazy for Pi day. I never remember this kind of storm this late in the year.

    Good luck digging out. Hopefully you have a plow service or at least a batch of youngins. Don't try to shovel this stuff. It's heavy and nasty.
    U live in NY? I'm in Rochester, and it's been non-stop since last night.
  4. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    14 Mar '17 21:55
    Originally posted by vivify
    U live in NY? I'm in Rochester, and it's been non-stop since last night.
    Yes, I'm about 25 miles northwest of NYC. The city avoided much of the storm, but we all got plastered. Still snowing here but winding down.
  5. 14 Mar '17 21:57
    Originally posted by sh76
    Oh, and for whodey: It's Obama's fault.
    And some idiots still claim we're experiencing Global Warming.

  6. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    14 Mar '17 22:00
    Snow? That's up in the mountains unless there's been a drought. Why are you up in the mountains?
  7. Standard member DeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    14 Mar '17 22:04
    Originally posted by sh76
    How're you doing up there? Did you get 2 feet of snow up there? We got almost that much down here in Rockland. Pretty crazy for Pi day. I never remember this kind of storm this late in the year.

    Good luck digging out. Hopefully you have a plow service or at least a batch of youngins. Don't try to shovel this stuff. It's heavy and nasty.
    I was reading about how the Indiana State legislature was only prevented by Professor Waldo's timely intervention from passing the Pi Act, which attempted to establish a rule to square a circle in a finite number of steps by passing a state law.

    Just in case anyone thinks that this proves that there is nothing sillier than a government, they did listen to Professor Waldo.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana_Pi_Bill
  8. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    14 Mar '17 22:08
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    I was reading about how the Indiana State legislature was only prevented by Professor Waldo's timely intervention from passing the Pi Act, which attempted to establish a rule to square a circle in a finite number of steps by passing a state law.

    Just in case anyone thinks that this proves that there is nothing sillier than a government, they did listen to Professor Waldo.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana_Pi_Bill
    Sounds okay to me; it's just that the tires would be a little less efficient.
  9. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    14 Mar '17 22:09
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Snow? That's up in the mountains unless there's been a drought. Why are you up in the mountains?
    Wimpy Californians.
  10. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    14 Mar '17 22:16 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by sh76
    How're you doing up there? Did you get 2 feet of snow up there? We got almost that much down here in Rockland. Pretty crazy for Pi day. I never remember this kind of storm this late in the year.

    Good luck digging out. Hopefully you have a plow service or at least a batch of youngins. Don't try to shovel this stuff. It's heavy and nasty.
    Looks like we have at least a foot or so already. Supposedly another 3-5 inches.

    March 14th looks like a popular day for big snowstorms in Albany (though I don't recall the "Blizzard of 88". https://www.weather.gov/images/aly/Climate/Storms.JPG

    I do remember the April 6-7, 1982 storm that dumped a foot and a half on our burgh, so we might not be out of the woods yet.

    EDIT: 16 inches as of 4:30 where I live according to this and it's still coming down. http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=ALY&product=PNS&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off
  11. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    14 Mar '17 22:54
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Looks like we have at least a foot or so already. Supposedly another 3-5 inches.

    March 14th looks like a popular day for big snowstorms in Albany (though I don't recall the "Blizzard of 88". https://www.weather.gov/images/aly/Climate/Storms.JPG

    I do remember the April 6-7, 1982 storm that dumped a foot and a half on our burgh, so we might not be o ...[text shortened]... r.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=ALY&product=PNS&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off
    Ouch.
    We were supposed to get hit hard last night starting at 5 PM and through today.
    Drum roll...
    about an inch, maybe two where the snow blew it into piles.
    Now they're back on saying it's hitting tonight at 10 PM through tomorrow.
    Whichever.
    I wouldn't mind putting my $800 snow blower to the test, but I've used it a sum total of three times in two years--- and we're facing Lake Erie.
    Guess we should be happy with the whole "lake effect" that always seems to take it up and over us here.
  12. 15 Mar '17 00:33
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Snow? That's up in the mountains unless there's been a drought. Why are you up in the mountains?
    It snows at lower elevations about once in ten years, even at the beach.
  13. 15 Mar '17 01:59 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    Oh, and for whodey: It's Obama's fault.
    President Obama steps out onto the White House lawn in the dead of winter. Right in
    front of him, on the White House lawn, he sees "The President Must Go" written
    in urine across the snow.
    Well, old Barak is pretty ticked off. He storms into his security staff's HQ, and
    yells, "Somebody wrote a threat in the snow on the front damn lawn! And they
    wrote it in urine! They had to be standing right on the porch when he
    did it! Where were you guys?!" The security guys stay silent and stare ashamedly
    at the floor. Barak hollers, "Well, don't just sit there! Get out and
    find out who did it! I want an answer, and I want it tonight!" The
    entire staff immediately jumps up and races for the exits.
    Later that evening, his chief security officer approaches him and says, "Well
    Mr. President, we have some bad news and we have some really bad news. Which do
    you want first?"
    Obama says, "Give me the bad news first."
    The officer says, "Well, we took a sample of the urine and tested it. The
    results just came back, and it was Hillary's urine."
    Barak says, "I feel so... so... betrayed! My own Secretary of State!
    Damn....Well, what's the really bad news?"
    The officer replies, "Well sir, it's your wife's handwriting."
  14. 15 Mar '17 04:31
    Originally posted by sh76
    Wimpy Californians.
    Hey my southern friends the soCal yokals may be weather wimps but they got fires and earthquakes and Kardashians to put up with.
  15. 15 Mar '17 04:32
    Originally posted by Eladar
    It snows at lower elevations about once in ten years, even at the beach.
    That's cocaine.