Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 14:28
    YouTube

No matter how much you hate her, compare this speech to the garbage Trump has spewed. Compare her ideas to the fear Trump is spewing.

Can you say with a straight face that "Only I can save America" is better than "Stronger together"?
    Can you say with a straight face that "America is about to be destroyed" is better than "America is great and we can make it better"?

Even if you can say you don't trust her to do everything she says she will do, isn't that better than trusting Trump to do the horrors he says he will do?
  2. Standard memberKellyJayonline
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 16:391 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTxgLMm60IE

No matter how much you hate her, compare this speech to the garbage Trump has spewed. Compare her ideas to the fear Trump is spewing.

Can you say with a straight face that "Only I can save America" is better than "Stronger together"?
    Can you say with a straight face that "America is about to be destroyed" ...[text shortened]... he says she will do, isn't that better than trusting Trump to do the horrors he says he will do?
  3. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 16:45

Can you say with a straight face that "America is about to be destroyed" ...[text shortened]... he says she will do, isn't that better than trusting Trump to do the horrors he says he will do?
    JMHO - You may be correct, but I think there are larger forces at work in this election than many think. Trump seems to have secured a large bounce in the polls, despite all the problems within his campaign and within the GOP. American voters have mood swings, it's possible that the mood of the country is taking a conservative turn, in which case Hillary's speech may be irrelevant. Donald Trump may be our next President, no matter what Hillary Clinton says or does, simply because voters are in the mood for a right turn.
  4. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 16:451 edit

You're starting to feel it slip away aren't you?

I'm looking forward to the fart-in.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 17:13
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    You're starting to feel it slip away aren't you?

I'm looking forward to the fart-in.
    ?

are you making a point?
  6. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 17:53
    ?

are you making a point?
    Voters are feeling anti-establishment, and the only method they have to express themselves in a meaningful way (votes for Johnson or Stein are not meaningful), is to vote for Trump, no matter what an a-hole he is. The GOP establishment seems to have realized the danger and wrapped their arms around Trump like a life preserver, but all the Dems have to cling to is an insider who also just happens to be a lying criminal.
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 18:07
    Voters are feeling anti-establishment, and the only method they have to express themselves in a meaningful way (votes for Johnson or Stein are not meaningful), is to vote for Trump, no matter what an a-hole he is. The GOP establishment seems to have realized the danger and wrapped their arms around Trump like a life preserver, but all the Dems have to cling to is an insider who also just happens to be a lying criminal.
    better. i used to think the same way. kind of how some fantasize about punching the boss they absolutely hate. can you imagine how good it would feel to straight up punch him right in the face? for about 5 seconds. then you have to deal with that whole facing the consequences thing.

so i did some thinking and decided that if i were to vote in the US elections, i would rather be mindful of the potential consequences of that vote rather than the 5 seconds

so to these guys i say: if you are in a red state, where trump is going to win, by all means, send a message to clinton. vote trump. or rather, vote stein so they could get the votes they need to receive funding.
    if you are in a blue state, by all means, send a message to clinton and vote whoever you want (careful not to have a nasty surprise and turn that blue into contested) . Please vote stein.

If you are in a contested state however, think about what trump stands for and what clinton stands for. For all her faults (not being sanders among them) she also has qualities (not being trump the most important).
    If you want someone anti-establishment, remember that trump is also against proper government, decency, anything and anyone not trump. So vote clinton and keep fighting for progressive candidates for local positions, congress positions and put pressure on Clinton to be more the candidate you want.
  8. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 18:14
    better. i used to think the same way. kind of how some fantasize about punching the boss they absolutely hate. can you imagine how good it would feel to straight up punch him right in the face? for about 5 seconds. then you have to deal with that whole facing the consequences thing.

so i did some thinking and decided that if i were to vote in the US ele ...[text shortened]... cal positions, congress positions and put pressure on Clinton to be more the candidate you want.
    Vote Clinton? LOL.
  9. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 18:18
    Well, I don't want to ruin your buzz but Nate Silver points out:

Historically, it’s unusual for candidates not to at least pull into a rough tie after their party convention — John McCain and Sarah Palin did so in 2008, for example, and even Walter Mondale led a couple of polls in 1984. But those bounces do not always turn out to be predictive.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We know, however, that the polls are normally a lot more predictive a few weeks after the conventions — by which time the convention bounces have died down — than a few weeks beforehand.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/election-update-trump-gets-convention-bounce-drawing-polls-to-dead-heat/?ex_cid=2016-forecast

At best for the GOP, it looks like the chances of a Hillary blowout have been greatly reduced.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 18:20
    Vote Clinton? LOL.
    yeh, she is the antichrist, right?
    she will destroy america.

go with trump, he is the sensible choice. he is gonna make america great again
  11. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 18:20
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Well, I don't want to ruin your buzz but Nate Silver points out:

Historically, it’s unusual for candidates not to at least pull into a rough tie after their party convention — John McCain and Sarah Palin did so in 2008, for example, and even Walter Mondale led a couple of polls in 1984. But those bounces do not always turn out to be predictive.

--- ...[text shortened]...
    At best for the GOP, it looks like the chances of a Hillary blowout have been greatly reduced.
    I don't believe you. I think you really do want to ruin my buzz.
  12. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 18:24
    I don't believe you. I think you really do want to ruin my buzz.
    LOL. OK, I'm actually starting to think that Hillary might lose.

Better?
  13. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 18:29
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    LOL. OK, I'm actually starting to think that Hillary might lose.

Better?
    So you're saying... there's a chance.

I'll take that.
  14. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 18:32
    yeh, she is the antichrist, right?
    she will destroy america.

go with trump, he is the sensible choice. he is gonna make america great again
    I wanted Cruz, but it's all about the SCOTUS to me at this point.
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 18:33
    "The GOP establishment seems to have realized the danger and wrapped their arms around Trump like a life preserver"
    had to address this. it's so hilariously wrong.

the gop wrap their arms around trump because they are so hungry for power they would do anything, including losing the trust of the american people by backing up a maniac.

"but all the Dems have to cling to is an insider who also just happens to be a lying criminal."
    so if you can't stand people calling zimmerman a murderer, how about you abstain from calling clinton a criminal? no charges were filed, remember? as for lying, your other choice in this race contradicts himself constantly on basically every issue. he constantly lies, even when presented with hard evidence, especially then, doubling down on his lies with a monumental arrogance. he flip flops on everything, has no coherent policy on anything, has no idea what that wall of his is going to cost (many have come to think he is talking about a metaphorical wall, which is another way of saying he is lying about building one).

he is homophobic, racist, narcissistic, temperamental, incites violence, has no political experience, he is a bad business man.

You however talk as if the dems are desperate that they only have Clinton.
    i enjoy your almost trumpian lack of connection to reality.