Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Apr '15 21:05
    Hillary finally commits to another run for President.

"Everyday Americans need a champion.
    I want to be that champion." -- Hillary Rodham Clinton

See the announcement video at https://www.hillaryclinton.com/

* Warning: Conservatives might want to keep the airsickness bag nearby, because this video features plenty of real Americans with real issues. It's our time.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '15 21:07
    Its our time to have another Clinton in office?

Yeah, just like its our time to have another Bush in office.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Apr '15 21:25
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Its our time to have another Clinton in office?

Yeah, just like its our time to have another Bush in office.
    Well, think of this.

When the last Clinton was in office, we had our last balanced budget. In fact we had a surplus in 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2001. And that was the last one.

Or is that not REALLY as important to you as you often claim?
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '15 21:56
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Well, think of this.

When the last Clinton was in office, we had our last balanced budget. In fact we had a surplus in 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2001. And that was the last one.

Or is that not REALLY as important to you as you often claim?
    Bill moved to the right after the elections gave him Republicans to work with.

Just because Bill was better than GW and Obama does not mean that we need another Clinton. It just means that GW and Obama are incompetent boobs.
  5. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    12 Apr '15 22:331 edit
    The Oval Office calling the shots.
  6. Zugzwang
    Moves
    12 Apr '15 23:051 edit

* Warning: Conservatives might want to keep the airsickness bag nearby, because this video features plenty of real Americans with real issues. It's our time.
    If you claimed that Hillary Rodham Clinton was a feminist, there might be
    more hysterical negative reactions from some right-wing American men here.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/apr/12/guardian-view-hillary-hammering-glass-ceiling-again

"...The case for a second President Clinton is still to be made.
    Political contests are, almost invariably, to be preferred to political coronations."
    --'The Guardian' editorial (12 April 2015)
  7. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    12 Apr '15 23:20

As a liberal, I would agree. As a voter, I'm going to enjoy a few more months of peace and quite before the attack ad's and political mudslinging become too intense. 😏
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '10
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 01:24
    Originally posted by bill718
    As a liberal, I would agree. As a voter, I'm going to enjoy a few more months of peace and quite before the attack ad's and political mudslinging become too intense. 😏
    Jacob Javits, Nelson Rockefeller, John Lindsey were liberal republicans. Sam Nunn, Bill Clinton and Lloyd Benson were conservative democrats. Hillary is a good deal less liberal than people think, but politics in this country has become more about image making than substance. JFK made television the arbiter, much to the regret of people who believe in political dialog. Its a show, and Hillary is the flavor of the month. I happen to believe she's a very competent woman, who will have a very difficult time getting elected after her husband becomes part of the everyday news cycle again. However, should the republicans, who are especially inept at nominating electable candidates for president, revert to form and come up with another Bush, all bets are off. I'd venture a guess that the turnout for that election will be an all time low.
  9. Subscriberhenjutsu
    InsectRightsAdvocate
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 19:10
    "Everyday Americans need a champion. I want to be that champion."

I just wanted to point out that the above statement does not convey any information whatsoever.
  10. Germany
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 19:16
    So... who has the money to challenge her for the nomination? And which GOP candidate will beat her in 2016?
  11. Subscriberhenjutsu
    InsectRightsAdvocate
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 19:18
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    So... who has the money to challenge her for the nomination? And which GOP candidate will beat her in 2016?
    No one. Jeb.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 19:19
    One thing I despise about the American version of "Democracy" is the family dynasties that have developed as a result of it at all levels of politics, be it city/county/state/federal.
    Also letting anybody vote just because they are over a certain age and can breathe.
    I stopped believing in the Pie In the Sky Version of everybody getting a vote a long time ago.
    There's just too many stupid people and doosh bag criminal types out there.
  13. Zugzwang
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 19:32
    Originally posted by henjutsu
    "Everyday Americans need a champion. I want to be that champion."

I just wanted to point out that the above statement does not convey any information whatsoever.
    I doubt that Hillary Clinton will surpass Irina Krush, let alone Hikaru Nakamura,
    to become 'that champion' (what kind?) in American chess.
  14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 19:44
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    I doubt that Hillary Clinton will surpass Irina Krush, let alone Hikaru Nakamura,
    to become 'that champion' (what kind?) in American chess.
    I believe she intends this to be understood as under definitions 1, 2 and/or 3, from Merriam Webster:

1: warrior, fighter
    2: a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
    3: one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
    4: a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <a champion at selling>
  15. Germany
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 19:53
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    One thing I despise about the American version of "Democracy" is the family dynasties that have developed as a result of it at all levels of politics, be it city/county/state/federal.
    Also letting anybody vote just because they are over a certain age and can breathe.
    I stopped believing in the Pie In the Sky Version of everybody getting a vote a long time ago.
    There's just too many stupid people and doosh bag criminal types out there.
    As much as I would prefer it if for instance white supremacists did not vote, through what mechanism would you grant the right to vote?