Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard member KellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    23 Oct '15 14:38
    Seems to fall down party lines, but say you?
  2. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    23 Oct '15 15:09 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Seems to fall down party lines, but say you?
    The GOP will rant and rave, calling Hillary a liar, a monster, and other "terms of endearment" , while the democrats will say this is nothing but another smear campaign. I suspect the truth lies somewhere in the middle, I'm just hoping that after all these investigations and panels, with nothing new to report, we can finally move on. I wouldn't count on it though.
  3. 23 Oct '15 15:09
    there is no such animal as a truthful politician
  4. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    23 Oct '15 15:16
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Seems to fall down party lines, but say you?
    About what? Benghazi? Emails? Whitewater?

    Of course she lies and obfuscates now and then. Most politicians do. The question is whether she's lying about something significant. Time will tell. I do think the email scandal has the potential to take her down, but I am not betting that it will.
  5. 23 Oct '15 16:45 / 1 edit
    Another question is, do the Republicans who are trying to take her down, care about what is true? If false, damning evidence could be safely fabricated, would they hesitate on the principle of truth?
  6. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    23 Oct '15 17:08
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Seems to fall down party lines, but say you?
    I'm with Bernie.

    Like most Americans, I'm tired of hearing about her damn emails.
  7. 23 Oct '15 17:19 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Seems to fall down party lines, but say you?
    I say it's a witch hunt.

    Don't get me wrong, I think she is a witch, but so what? I don't absolve her of any wrong doing, far from it, with as many scandals as she has been in it would not surprise me if she is guilty of something very bad.

    The GOP is not trying to pursue justice, rather, they are trying to win elections. The GOP is as likely to find her guilty of something as Dims are likely to prove "W" was guilty of war crimes in Iraq.

    Simply put, this is just monkeys slinging poo around. It's about all that ever happens in the federal government.
  8. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    23 Oct '15 22:01 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    I say it's a witch hunt.

    Don't get me wrong, I think she is a witch, but so what? I don't absolve her of any wrong doing, far from it, with as many scandals as she has been in it would not surprise me if she is guilty of something very bad.

    The GOP is not trying to pursue justice, rather, they are trying to win elections. The GOP is as likely to find ...[text shortened]... s just monkeys slinging poo around. It's about all that ever happens in the federal government.
    I don't know how much you credit this dude, but Jesse Ventura just wrote a book called American conspiracies, second edition.

    I heard him interviewed on XM the other day and he says don't vote for either one, vote independent, whatever, anything but Dem or Rep, since they are both bought and paid for.
  9. 23 Oct '15 22:03
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I don't know how much you credit this dude, but Jesse Ventura just wrote a book called American conspiracy second edition.

    I heard him interviewed on XM the other day and he says don't vote for either one, vote independent, whatever, anything but Dem or Rep, since they are both bought and paid for.
    No, it's the broken system that is at fault.

    Start any new party and nothing changes.
  10. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    23 Oct '15 22:09 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    No, it's the broken system that is at fault.

    Start any new party and nothing changes.
    I think maybe you have heard my solution: Chuck the whole thing, keep the buildings, but make it a lotterocracy: A lottery picks all the senators, representatives, Supreme court judges, VP, president, and so forth. That way, at least the first week goes by without someone being bought off. Senators picked from the state they would senatate in and represtatives from each district, you have to have a certain level of education maybe to be chosen, no criminal record maybe so some minimum standards are in place and the ones on the list just get picked the same way we do lotteries, one of those ping pong ball thingys that pumps out numbers and if your number comes up, 'Hey Mr Rodriquez, you are now the president of the United States of America'.......

    Could they POSSIBLY do any worse that the shytebags we have now?
  11. 23 Oct '15 22:19
    Originally posted by sh76 to KellyJay
    About what? Benghazi? Emails? Whitewater?

    Of course she lies and obfuscates now and then. Most politicians do. The question is whether she's lying about something significant. Time will tell. I do think the email scandal has the potential to take her down, but I am not betting that it will.
    'Normal' politicians are disingenuous. I believe that Hillary Clinton has been disingenuous.
    To me, the more relevant question is: "Has she been extraordinarily disingenuous or
    been extraordinarily self-righteous while been commonly disingenuous?"
    If sainthood were a requirement to hold public office, then ...

    Of course, some people never have lied, or so they have assured us.
    "I never have lied about anything."
    --Normbenign
  12. 23 Oct '15 22:44
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I think maybe you have heard my solution: Chuck the whole thing, keep the buildings, but make it a lotterocracy: A lottery picks all the senators, representatives, Supreme court judges, VP, president, and so forth. That way, at least the first week goes by without someone being bought off. Senators picked from the state they would senatate in and represtati ...[text shortened]... ed States of America'.......

    Could they POSSIBLY do any worse that the shytebags we have now?
    But I thought you were an Obama fan.
  13. 23 Oct '15 22:48
    The Clinton's are awful people.
  14. 23 Oct '15 23:15
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    The Clinton's are awful people.
    Yes but other than that they are OK in my book.
  15. 24 Oct '15 00:42 / 1 edit
    Granting that lying (insert euphemism of choice) is part of every successful politician's repertoire, the question becomes who will do the better job of doing things that you want done.