Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 10 Aug '16 06:24
    Defend this story douchess. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3729466/Child-rape-victim-comes-forward-time-40-years-call-Hillary-Clinton-liar-defended-rapist-smearing-blocking-evidence-callously-laughing-knew-guilty.html
  2. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    11 Aug '16 09:05
    Originally posted by kquinn909
    Defend this story douchess. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3729466/Child-rape-victim-comes-forward-time-40-years-call-Hillary-Clinton-liar-defended-rapist-smearing-blocking-evidence-callously-laughing-knew-guilty.html
    So, in America we have to go to the National Enquirer for these kinds of stories.

Between the Bigfoot sightings and the latest UFO abduction story.
  3. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    11 Aug '16 09:24
    Originally posted by kquinn909
    False Choices: The Faux Feminism of Hillary Rodham Clinton
    by Liza Featherstone (Editor)

I don't see why you think Duchess64 or any other seriously informed woman would defend the item you posted. Clinton may seem preferable to Trump, which lowers the bar pretty far I suggest, but that does not make her a feminist.
  4. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    11 Aug '16 09:36 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by finnegan
    False Choices: The Faux Feminism of Hillary Rodham Clinton
    by Liza Featherstone (Editor)

I don't see why you think Duchess64 or any other seriously informed woman would defend the item you posted. Clinton may seem preferable to Trump, which lowers the bar pretty far I suggest, but that does not make her a feminist.
    Please, do yourself a favor and stop pushing that crap book. It's a hit piece and she has an agenda. I've known a few women who have similar opinions about Hillary, but all of them are privileged white women who wouldn't know hardship if it slapped them in the face. They willingly suck down the Kool-Aid their Republican husbands give them without a second thought, mostly because they've never had to actually work for a living. Here's a hint: soccer moms are not feminists.
  5. Standard member vivify
    rain
    11 Aug '16 12:34
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I've known a few women who have similar opinions about Hillary, but all of them are privileged white women who wouldn't know hardship if it slapped them in the face.
    So is Hillary.
  6. 11 Aug '16 22:23
    Originally posted by Suzianne to Finnegan
    Please, do yourself a favor and stop pushing that crap book. It's a hit piece and she has an agenda. I've known a few women who have similar opinions about Hillary, but all of them are privileged white women who wouldn't know hardship if it slapped them in the face. They willingly suck down the Kool-Aid their Republican husbands give them wit ...[text shortened]... they've never had to actually work for a living. Here's a hint: soccer moms are not feminists.
    American feminism, at least the kind that's recognized by the US political establishment
    rather than the more diverse grassroots feminism, has a problem in that it's traditionally
    been led by affluent privileged heterosexual white women (who tend to have similarly
    privileged husbands) who seem much more concerned with the issues of middle-to-upper
    class white women than with the diverse women who are much more disadvantaged.
    Hillary Clinton's a wealthy privileged heterosexual white woman with a powerful husband.
  7. 11 Aug '16 22:26 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    So, in America we have to go to the National Enquirer for these kinds of stories.

Between the Bigfoot sightings and the latest UFO abduction story.
    This case really happened.

The only question becomes, did Hillary laugh at the 12 year old who was raped?

Hillary's client won everyone cuz Hilary is a winner! Yipee!
  8. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    11 Aug '16 22:30
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    American feminism, at least the kind that's recognized by the US political establishment
    rather than the more diverse grassroots feminism, has a problem in that it's traditionally
    been led by affluent privileged heterosexual white women (who tend to have similarly
    privileged husbands) who seem much more concerned with the issues of middle-to-upper
    clas ...[text shortened]... taged.
    Hillary Clinton's a wealthy privileged heterosexual white woman with a powerful husband.
    So she should be silent on women's issues?

A lot of minority women have chosen to be involved in movements who's first priority is obtaining civil rights and protections for the minorities. But in any event it does little good to criticize those who are in agreement with many of the goals of a movement just because of their race, sexual preference, economic status, etc. etc. doesn't imbue them with sufficient "purity". For better or worst, Hillary is in sympathy with most of the tenets of feminism (at least non-radical feminism).
  9. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    11 Aug '16 22:30 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    This case really happened.

The only question becomes, did Hillary laugh at the 12 year old who was raped?

Hillary's client won everyone cuz Hilary is a winner! Yipee!
    The answer is: no.http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-freed-child-rapist-laughed-about-it/

But anyone not an idiot knew that.
  10. 11 Aug '16 22:35 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The answer is: no.http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-freed-child-rapist-laughed-about-it/

But anyone not an idiot knew that.
    So Hillary did not laugh when she released the child molester?

What class.

How about the interrogation of the 12 year old girl, telling her that she was asking for it?
  11. 11 Aug '16 22:42 / 1 edit
    So she should be silent on women's issues?

A lot of minority women have chosen to be involved in movements who's first priority is obtaining civil rights and protections for the minorities. But in any event it does little good to criticize those who are in agreement with many of the goals of a movement just because of their race, sexual preference, ec ...[text shortened]... rst, Hillary is in sympathy with most of the tenets of feminism (at least non-radical feminism).
    "So she [Hillary Clinton] should be silent on women's issues?"
    --No1Marauder

I made no statement even close to that. No1Marauder has a record of putting words into my mouth.

My point was that Suzianne was unfairly attacking a book--which she apparently has not read--
    by feminists who are critical of Hillary Clinton on the grounds (which I think is not factual)
    that its authors allegedly all were privileged white women who never have known hardship.
    In fact, Hillary Clinton has spent her life as a highly privileged white woman whose encounters
    with sexism seem to have been relatively mild. Another point (which No1Marauder lacks
    the empathy to grasp) is that many American women who are *not* privileged heterosexual
    white women may feel that Hillary Clinton does *not* fully comprehend their situations.
    That's not to say, of course, that these women believe that Donald Trump would be better.

I believe that Hillary Clinton's feminism seems aimed, first of all, at helping middle-to-upper
    class white women (American women like herself). I suspect there might well be some
    'trickle down' benefits for other women, but I am not going to fool myself into believing that
    the issues of poor non-white (and possibly LGBT) women are closest to Hillary Clinton's heart.
  12. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    11 Aug '16 22:42
    So Hillary did not laugh when she released the child molester?

What class.

How about the interrogation of the 12 year old girl, telling her that she was asking for it?
    It doesn't seem she was ever interrogated.

But even if she was, so what? Was Hillary, an attorney assigned to the case, not supposed to represent her client in the most effective way possible?

This is desperation s**t slinging.
  13. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    11 Aug '16 22:43 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    "So she [Hillary Clinton] should be silent on women's issues?"
    --No1Marauder

I made no statement even close to that. No1Marauder has a record of putting words into my mouth.

My point was that Suzianne was unfairly attacking a book--which she apparently has not read--
    by feminists who are critical of Hillary Clinton on the grounds (which I know is ...[text shortened]...
    the issues of poor non-white (and possibly LGBT) women are closest to Hillary Clinton's heart.
    It seems that such women disagree with you; Hillary Clinton has overwhelming support among non-white women (which you are not either). This was true even against Bernie:

. Most significantly, Clinton has won more than 85 percent of black women’s votes in each of these states.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kelly-dittmar/black-women-voters-by-the_b_9389330.html
  14. 11 Aug '16 22:48 / 1 edit
    It seems that such women disagree with you; Hillary Clinton has overwhelming support among non-white women (which you are not either). This was true even against Bernie:

. Most significantly, Clinton has won more than 85 percent of black women’s votes in each of these states.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kelly-dittmar/black-women-voters-by-the_b_9389330.html
    The victim’s allegation that Clinton smeared her following her rape is based on a May 1975 court affidavit written by Clinton on behalf of Thomas Alfred Taylor, one of the two alleged attackers, whom Clinton agreed to defend after being asked by the prosecutor. Taylor had specifically requested a female attorney.

“I have been informed that the complainant is emotionally unstable with a tendency to seek out older men and engage in fantasizing,” Clinton, then named Hillary D. Rodham, wrote in the affidavit. “I have also been informed that she has in the past made false accusations about persons, claiming they had attacked her body. Also that she exhibits an unusual stubbornness and temper when she does not get her way.”

Let me guess, you think the girl made the whole thing up cuz the only woman we can ever believe is Hillary.
  15. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    11 Aug '16 22:52 / 1 edit
    The victim’s allegation that Clinton smeared her following her rape is based on a May 1975 court affidavit written by Clinton on behalf of Thomas Alfred Taylor, one of the two alleged attackers, whom Clinton agreed to defend after being asked by the prosecutor. Taylor had specifically requested a female attorney.

“I have been informed that the complainan ...[text shortened]... s, you think the girl made the whole thing up cuz the only woman we can ever believe is Hillary.
    Does that say she was "interrogated"? No. It's a court filing based on information that the defense attorney had received ("I have been informed". As such, she was ethically obligated to use such information for her client. There really is nothing here except a 40 year old case where an attorney did her job.

She was not "asked" but assigned the case by a judge.