Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '15 19:10
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    The fact is everyone who isn't one of ISIS is a tool to be used to fuel their hate. Hillary did
    not have a film in mind she just said it, and she could have said it about anyone. She uses
    Americans to justify ISIS hate, when it is her and those of like mind who would shut down
    those that would actually go after them and hold them accountable for ISIS's a ...[text shortened]... imply don't change, and it is Hillary's disregard for the truth that
    is a constant in her life.
    Hillary, like any politician, will continue to say what they think people want to hear.

It's up to the public to distinguish sincerity from their demagoguery. Just don't get your hopes up. To date they have failed continually to properly assess these clowns.
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '15 19:15
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Trump isn't lying. He only exaggerates for effect. 😏
    So she "lies" but he only "exaggerates for effect."
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '15 19:34
    She is a bully. 🙁
    "Bully" is usually not the term used 😛
  4. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    23 Dec '15 22:20
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    haha laughable.

trump calling others liars.

out of 77 trump statements, trump lied (partially or blatantly) 76% of the time
    http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015-12-21/fact-checking-website-donald-trump-lies-76-percent-of-the-time

we still don't have footage of muslims cheering in jersey because of 9/11.
    On either side of this argument about lying, one must try to establish what a lie is. My definition would be an intentional distortion of the truth, but would not include statements that are debatable. Debatable matters might be viewed as untrue by one side of the debate, but true by the other.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Dec '15 22:24
    Originally posted by normbenign
    On either side of this argument about lying, one must try to establish what a lie is. My definition would be an intentional distortion of the truth, but would not include statements that are debatable. Debatable matters might be viewed as untrue by one side of the debate, but true by the other.
    thank you for a lesson in semantics, we have no access to dictionaries.

how about you go through that list and see what of the untruths trump said are "debatable"
  6. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    23 Dec '15 22:40
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    thank you for a lesson in semantics, we have no access to dictionaries.

how about you go through that list and see what of the untruths trump said are "debatable"
    Your post said Partially or blatantly. I suspect the blatants would mostly be real lies, although not necessarily. The partials are almost certainly matters of opinion.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Dec '15 08:06
    The fact is everyone who isn't one of ISIS is a tool to be used to fuel their hate. Hillary did
    not have a film in mind she just said it, and she could have said it about anyone. She uses
    Americans to justify ISIS hate, when it is her and those of like mind who would shut down
    those that would actually go after them and hold them accountable for ISIS's a ...[text shortened]... imply don't change, and it is Hillary's disregard for the truth that
    is a constant in her life.
    It is like her claiming to be under sniper fire. It sounded good at the time.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    24 Dec '15 13:14
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Your post said Partially or blatantly. I suspect the blatants would mostly be real lies, although not necessarily. The partials are almost certainly matters of opinion.
    PolitiFact's article on Trump is an entertaining read:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2015/dec/21/2015-lie-year-donald-trump-campaign-misstatements/

After listing many of Trump's blatant lies, it concludes by quoting Trump himself:
    "You can't con people, at least not for long. You can create excitement, you can do wonderful promotion and get all kinds of press, and you can throw in a little hyperbole. But if you don't deliver the goods, people will eventually catch on."
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Dec '15 13:57
    Originally posted by whodey
    Hillary lied about Trump

Pure and simple.
    Oddly enough, the article you linked to does not support that claim. As far as I can tell it is a case of Trump lying about Clinton and Whodey lying about everything.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Dec '15 15:54
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It is like her claiming to be under sniper fire. It sounded good at the time.
    The lies I think will in the end get her, I don't believe she is going to get out from under
    the lies about her email server. I get the Dems don't have an issue being lied to, but if
    she goes to jail for the things she did, I don't think she can hold the office.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Dec '15 16:24
    The lies I think will in the end get her, I don't believe she is going to get out from under
    the lies about her email server. I get the Dems don't have an issue being lied to, but if
    I don't particularly like Clinton, but when it comes to lying, republicans have it as part of their culture.
    I think we all know however that the whole 'email server' nonsense won't be putting her in jail and is nothing more than a republican scam similar to the birther nonsense with Obama. The problem is that it really only fools died in the wool republicans so it doesn't actually do any good in terms of votes gained.
  12. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    24 Dec '15 17:41
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I don't particularly like Clinton, but when it comes to lying, republicans have it as part of their culture.
    I think we all know however that the whole 'email server' nonsense won't be putting her in jail and is nothing more than a republican scam similar to the birther nonsense with Obama. The problem is that it really only fools died in the wool republicans so it doesn't actually do any good in terms of votes gained.
    Only a simpleton would equate the birther nonsense with what even Secretary Clinton has acknowledged was a (at best) negligent security breach on her part by allowing classified (or at least high security) data to be sent and housed on private servers and in private email addresses.

Of course I agree that she's not going to jail over it and I don't even think it entirely impeaches her case to be President, but just to scoff at it and equate it with the birther stuff is absurd.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Dec '15 18:46
    Originally posted by sh76
    Only a simpleton would equate the birther nonsense with what even Secretary Clinton has acknowledged was a (at best) negligent security breach on her part by allowing classified (or at least high security) data to be sent and housed on private servers and in private email addresses.

Of course I agree that she's not going to jail over it and I don't even thin ...[text shortened]... er case to be President, but just to scoff at it and equate it with the birther stuff is absurd.
    You think she is without a doubt above the law?
  14. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    24 Dec '15 19:08
    The Clintons are immune. Too many Republicans with skeletons in their closet anyway to hold Hilary accountable. Runaway corruption is what we have now and there is nothing that can stop it now.
  15. Germany
    Moves
    24 Dec '15 20:40
    You think she is without a doubt above the law?
    Evidently what she did was, while careless, not against the law.