Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 28 Apr '16 17:19
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qIPSEft1Cc

Should Sanders lose the democratic nomination (increasingly likely), why should his voters automatically vote for her?

Her policy remains the same, the reasons sander's voters voted for him and not her remain the same. Why should they change their mind if nothing else changes? Just because the other guy is Trump?

Most likely, people who voted for Sanders will stay at home and not vote for Trump, that's my opinion and what i hope for. She should either start to adopt some of Sander's ideas (or at least lie about it) or do her math without counting on their support.
  2. 28 Apr '16 17:30 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    Should Sanders lose the democratic nomination (increasingly likely), why should his voters automatically vote for her?
    Because not voting for her is essentially a half vote for Trump. If she wins the nomination, it is no-longer just a vote for the individual but a vote for the party. If they are democrats, they should vote democrat. If they are not, then hopefully next season they will form their own party.
  3. Standard member vivify
    rain
    28 Apr '16 17:35
    Most likely, people who voted for Sanders will stay at home and not vote for Trump
    Yup. That's exactly what I'm doing.

That said, it's not exactly the best option, either. Trump is possibly the single worst choice nominee for a party in the history of this country. As popular as Trump is, he'll likely win, especially if Democrats who wanted Bernie skip this year. This isn't like other presidential races; it's a legitimate politician verses a scumbag.

God damn it. I just talked myself into voting.
  4. Standard member vivify
    rain
    28 Apr '16 17:38
    You know what, f#ck that. If there's really enough people stupid enough to vote for Trump that my one vote can actually count in a system using the electoral college, this country is screwed anyway.
  5. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    28 Apr '16 18:21

Her policy remains the same, the reasons sander's voters voted for him and not her remain the same. Why should they change their mind if nothing else changes? Just because the other guy is ...[text shortened]... e of Sander's ideas (or at least lie about it) or do her math without counting on their support.
    This is possible, but I think only time will tell. Much of this will depend on Sanders possible public endorsement of Clinton, and her efforts to reach out to the Sanders folks. This won't be known for a few more months.
  6. 28 Apr '16 19:31

Her policy remains the same, the reasons sander's voters voted for him and not her remain the same. Why should they change their mind if nothing else changes? Just because the other guy is ...[text shortened]... e of Sander's ideas (or at least lie about it) or do her math without counting on their support.
    One reason why women who supported Bernie Sanders would vote for Hillary Clinton is
    that Donald Trump has shown that he's a raging misogynist and sexist, who disrespects women.
    (I know that his sexism would not matter to most men in this forum, but it matters to me.)

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/apr/28/donald-trump-women-voters-poll-republican

"Donald Trump's lack of female support may ruin his campaign--and the GOP"

In a recent survey, 47% of Republican women voters said they "can't see" themselves supporting Donald Trump.

"There is going to be a phenomenal attrition of (Republican) women voters to Hillary Clinton...
    I think it's going to be because he's (Donald Trump) that bad."
    --Liz Mair (a woman who's the founder of a pro-Republican PAC)
  7. 28 Apr '16 19:36
    Originally posted by vivify
    Yup. That's exactly what I'm doing.

That said, it's not exactly the best option, either. Trump is possibly the single worst choice nominee for a party in the history of this country. As popular as Trump is, he'll likely win, especially if Democrats who wanted Bernie skip this year. This isn't like other presidential races; it's a legitimate politician verses a scumbag.

God damn it. I just talked myself into voting.
    Who is the "scumbag"?
  8. 28 Apr '16 19:41

The overwhelming majority of Sanders supporters will find Hillary more to their liking. Hillary should become more conservative so she can attract independents and people who tends to vote Republican but don't like Trump.
  9. 28 Apr '16 19:51
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    One reason why women who supported Bernie Sanders would vote for Hillary Clinton is
    that Donald Trump has shown that he's a raging misogynist and sexist, who disrespects women.
    (I know that his sexism would not matter to most men in this forum, but it matters to me.)

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/apr/28/donald-trump-women-voters-poll-republi ...[text shortened]... he's (Donald Trump) that bad."
    --Liz Mair (a woman who's the founder of a pro-Republican PAC)
    I find it interesting, and revealing, that anyone would vote for a candidate based on the organ between their legs.

That's because you are a sexist! Reality speaks loud and clear. Accuse others of what you hold near and dear. And I don't blame you.

There are men, and women, who would only vote for a man, so it isn't so much of a difference if some vote for a woman in like manner.

What I've failed to observe is any proof that elected females, vote or act differently on gender issues than do men. Many male politicians have genuine and provable records favoring women's rights.

The Donald has proven quite able to get support of some very attractive women in his life, I'm betting not by treating them like laundry women. I would bet that many of the women critical of Trump, are actually jealous that they aren't among those chosen as Trump associates.
  10. 28 Apr '16 20:12 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by normbenign
    I find it interesting, and revealing, that anyone would vote for a candidate based on the organ between their legs.

That's because you are a sexist! Reality speaks loud and clear. Accuse others of what you hold near and dear. And I don't blame you.

There ...[text shortened]... critical of Trump, are actually jealous that they aren't among those chosen as Trump associates.
    Normbenign, an idiotic pathological liar, toxic racist, rape apologist, and sexist supporter
    of Donald Trump, keeps showing his abysmal 'reading comprehension'.
    From the article that I already cited:
    "I don't think it's (pro-Republican women voting for Hillary Clinton) going to be because
    Hillary Clinton ... has two X chromosomes (i.e. is a woman). I think it's going to be because
    he's (Donald Trump) that bad."
    --Liz Mair (a woman who founded a pro-Republican PAC)

So Liz Mair believes that many usually pro-Republican woman are *not* going to vote for
    Hillary Clinton simply because they want to see *any woman* become US President
    These women are going to *vote against Donald Trump* because he's a despicable
    misogynist and sexist (which is one reason why Normbenign admires him so much).

Normbenign has implicitly reiterated the false accusation that I support Hillary Clinton
    simply because she's a woman. I would no more support Hillary Clinton than I would have
    supported Margaret Thatcher (whom I loathed) simply for being a woman in politics.
    Indeed, I have strongly criticized Hillary Clinton and endorsed Bernie Sanders over her.
    (As I recall, Suzianne also endorsed Bernie Sanders yet will vote for Hillary Clinton.)

My point (which the sexist Normbenign's too idiotic to grasp or prefers to distort dishonestly)
    is that when it comes to women's rights and interests, it's clear that Donald Trump is much
    much worse than Hillary Clinton. And the overwhelming majority of American women agree with me.
    Donald Trump may keep claiming that he 'cherishes women' (as sex objects, no doubt),
    but most American women don't believe him and regard him as abhorrent.

Normbenign, one of the most racist and sexist writers in this forum, has a long record of
    hurling baseless accusations of racism and sexism at writers who dare to point out his
    appalling record of racism, sexism, bigotry, lies, abuse, and general fanatical idiocy at RHP.
  11. 28 Apr '16 20:31 / 2 edits
    Normbenign likes to claim that some women support Donald Trump. Some women supported Hitler too.
    Indeed, even a few Jews supported Hitler because they refused to believe that he really could be that anti-Jewish.

But a woman who worked for Donald Trump (and whom he had liked to cite by name as
    'proof' that he's good for women) has declared that she now regards him as a virulent sexist.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/apr/27/donald-trump-barbara-res-woman-card

"Trump hired me as a powerful woman. I saw how sexism became his trademark."
    --Barbara Res (27 April 2016)

"Those sexist comments attributed to him (Donald Trump) recently come as no surprise...
    Trump's positions on the issues are anti-women on their face. He is opposed to reproductive freedom.
    This is a fundamental right and important to most women in the electorate. ...
    Trump probably thinks that his comments about women and his treatment of Hillary (Clinton)
    will win him more of the men's vote. He will need as many as he can get if that's true
    because he won't be getting many (votes) from women."
    --Barbara Res
  12. 28 Apr '16 20:37
    Normbenign, an idiotic pathological liar, toxic racist, rape apologist, and sexist supporter
    of Donald Trump, keeps showing his abysmal 'reading comprehension'.
    From the article that I already cited:
    "I don't think it's (pro-Republican women voting for Hillary Clinton) going to be because
    Hillary Clinton ... has two X chromosomes (i.e. is a woman). ...[text shortened]...
    appalling record of racism, sexism, bigotry, lies, abuse, and general fanatical idiocy at RHP.
    Normbenign, an idiotic pathological liar, toxic racist, rape apologist, and sexist supporter of Donald Trump, keeps showing his abysmal 'reading comprehension'.

Starting off her post as usual with unsupported accusations, that aren't relevant to the thread, I must ignore everything that comes after, and hope others will also.
  13. 28 Apr '16 20:38

I think it's rather more likely that some Sanders voters will vote Clinton because they find the alternative (Trump?) worse, some other Sanders voters will opt for a third candidate and some others will not vote at all.

In all likelihood Clinton will try to appeal to the center rather than Sanders voters, while attempting not to alienate them too much. Most Sanders voters and moderates will be disgusted by the prospect of Trump making a disgrace of the US so I expect that Clinton will win in a landslide.
  14. 28 Apr '16 20:42
    Normbenign likes to claim that some women support Donald Trump. Some women supported Hitler too.
    Indeed, even a few Jews supported Hitler because they refused to believe that he really could be that anti-Jewish.

But a woman who worked for Donald Trump (and whom he had liked to cite by name as
    'proof' that he's good for women) has declared that she no ...[text shortened]... e can get if that's true
    because he won't be getting many (votes) from women."
    --Barbara Res
    How are Barbara Res' comments not sexist?
  15. 28 Apr '16 20:50
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Who is the "scumbag"?
    In case you hadn't noticed, Donald Trump is running for president.