Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 21 Aug '16 17:06 / 1 edit
    http://conservativetribune.com/hillary-threat-conservative/

Democrat presidential nominee Hillary Clinton’s campaign has issued a threat to a major conservative website that should have all conservatives — and anyone that believes in the First Amendment — very concerned.

The Daily Caller reported that Clinton’s campaign sent out a fundraising email with a serious threat to conservative news site Breitbart News. The email essentially said that the site has no “right to exist,” and threatened that if Clinton is elected, she will work to take down Breitbart, sites like it, and presumably their readers.

The email, which was sent Thursday and signed by deputy communications director Christina Reynolds, goes on to claim that the “regular conservative media” is fine, but that Breitbart is different.

“We’ve had a conservative media in this country for a while. I don’t always like what they have to say, but I respect their role and their right to exist,” Reynolds wrote.

The email goes on to malign Breitbart and references what likely sparked the email, Breitbart News Executive Chairman, Stephen K. Bannon, being appointed as chief executive of GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump’s campaign:

“Breitbart is something different. They make Fox News look like a Democratic Party pamphlet. They’re a different breed altogether — not just conservative but radical, bigoted, anti-Muslim, anti-Semitic conspiracy peddlers who never have been and never should be anywhere near the levers of power in this country,” the email states.

Based apparently on Reynolds’ ill-educated assumptions about Breitbart and on her inability to deal with anyone that disagrees with her, Reynold’s goes on to threaten “these people,” referring presumably to Breitbart and by association those who read it:

“It goes without saying that we have to beat these people. But I want to beat them so decisively that their kind never rises again.”

The Democrat party is truly an enemy of free speech. Whenever Democrats are challenged with logic and facts, they throw around words like “bigot” and “racist” to try and silence dissenting voices. ​
  2. 21 Aug '16 17:25
    Originally posted by whodey
    [...]if Clinton is elected, she will work to take down Breitbart, sites like it, and presumably their readers. ​
    No she won't.
  3. 21 Aug '16 17:31
    Democrat presidential nominee Hillary Clinton’s campaign has issued a threat to a major conservative website that should have all conservatives — and anyone that believes in the First Amendment — very concerned.
    It is duly noted that whodey is shaking in his boots because of an email that was supposedly sent.
    Whodey clearly has no faith whatsoever in the constitutions authority and is convinced that presidents can override it at a whim.
    Or whodey is just lying as usual.
  4. 21 Aug '16 17:42
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    It is duly noted that whodey is shaking in his boots because of an email that was supposedly sent.
    Whodey clearly has no faith whatsoever in the constitutions authority and is convinced that presidents can override it at a whim.
    Or whodey is just lying as usual.
    The Constitution routinely is violated without any consequences, so why would I not think there is more to come?
  5. 21 Aug '16 18:47
    The Constitution routinely is violated without any consequences, so why would I not think there is more to come?
    The Obama administration did nothing to "take down Breitbart, sites like it, and [...] their readers," why would a Clinton administration be any different?
  6. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    21 Aug '16 18:49

The Daily Caller reported that Clinton’s campaign sent out a fundraising email wi ...[text shortened]... facts, they throw around words like “bigot” and “racist” to try and silence dissenting voices. ​
    Since it's a whodey thread it almost goes without saying that the thread title is false; Hillary didn't threaten conservative media.
  7. 21 Aug '16 20:40
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Since it's a whodey thread it almost goes without saying that the thread title is false; Hillary didn't threaten conservative media.
    This, coming from a person who thinks Hillary never lies?

Hilarious

I've provided what the e-mail said. All you have to do is read.
  8. 21 Aug '16 20:43 / 1 edit
    The freedom of the press has waned significantly under Obama, being compared to the former Nixon administration in terms of control over the media.

http://www.cjr.org/criticism/barack_obamas_press_freedom_legacy.php

In terms of freedom of the press, the US dropped to 49th in the world in terms of freedom of the press.

https://rsf.org/en/news/world-press-freedom-index-2015-decline-all-fronts
  9. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    21 Aug '16 20:43 / 1 edit
    This, coming from a person who thinks Hillary never lies?

Hilarious

I've provided what the e-mail said. All you have to do is read.
    I never made such a claim as you well know.

Did Hillary write the e-mail?

Furthermore, the e-mail doesn't threaten anybody; it is a fundraiser based on a Breitbart editor being made Trump's campaign manager.
  10. 21 Aug '16 20:49
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I never made such a claim as you well know.

Did Hillary write the e-mail?

Furthermore, the e-mail doesn't threaten anybody; it is a fundraiser based on a Breitbart editor being made Trump's campaign manager.
    You say that Hillary did not lie about her e-mails.

This is just mind bogglingly laughable.

Did Hillary write the e-mail? Is that your defense or do you approve of the e-mail being written in her name?
  11. 21 Aug '16 21:00
    The freedom of the press has waned significantly under Obama, being compared to the former Nixon administration in terms of control over the media.

In terms of freedom of the press, the US dropped to 49th in the world in terms of freedom of the press.

Top of the list, as so often, are three Scandinavian countries: Finland, which has been in first place for five years in succession, followed by Norway and Denmark.

The US should really be more like Finland (not a Scandinavian country, but oh well), Norway and Denmark, right whodey?
  12. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    21 Aug '16 21:06
    You say that Hillary did not lie about her e-mails.

This is just mind bogglingly laughable.

Did Hillary write the e-mail? Is that your defense or do you approve of the e-mail being written in her name?
    Laughable to an imbecile perhaps. But what isn't?

So Hillary didn't write it and it doesn't threaten conservative media with anything. Would you call the title thread a lie i.e. a knowingly false statement made with intent to deceive?
  13. Subscriber KingDavid403
    King David
    21 Aug '16 22:27

The Daily Caller reported that Clinton’s campaign sent out a fundraising email wi ...[text shortened]... facts, they throw around words like “bigot” and “racist” to try and silence dissenting voices. ​
    Their not conservatives, They are regressive's.
  14. Subscriber KingDavid403
    King David
    21 Aug '16 22:28

B.S.
  15. Subscriber KingDavid403
    King David
    21 Aug '16 22:30 / 1 edit
    Like the 4th amendment with stop and frisk laws? I agree! Stop and frisk laws violate the 4th Amendment of our constitution word for word on what the 4th amendment is suppose to protect us against.