1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 02:20
    How does this not lead to war?
  2. Germany
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 06:34
    Umm, there already is a war going on in Syria.
  3. Standard membershavixmironline
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 07:58
    Originally posted by whodey
    You really are a dingleberry, aren't you?
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 09:46
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    You really are a dingleberry, aren't you?
    A no fly zone in syria is a bad idea. it doesn't 100% lead to war with Russia the same way drunk driving doesn't 100% lead to a head on collision.

insulting him even when he says something reasonable doesn't put you in a good light. it actually makes you look pretty limited intellectually.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 12:18
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Umm, there already is a war going on in Syria.
    I guess the US better get their military ready to join in then.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 12:201 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    A no fly zone in syria is a bad idea. it doesn't 100% lead to war with Russia the same way drunk driving doesn't 100% lead to a head on collision.

insulting him even when he says something reasonable doesn't put you in a good light. it actually makes you look pretty limited intellectually.
    You would think that Hillary would have learned a lesson or two by now.

Then again, she is pushing 80 years old and lives in an ivory tower bubble while passing brain clots by the hour.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 14:00
    Creating a no fly zone is like drawing red lines in the sand like Obama. You either back up what you say and go to war, or look the part of a fool.

Incidentally, Hillary lied in the debate with Donald when she said she was not Secretary of State when Obama made the red line statement that he failed to back up.
  8. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 17:322 edits
    JMHO - I appreciate that Mrs. Clinton is trying to help the refugees here, but this situation with Syria is a no win for the USA. I feel sorry for the refugees it's created, but aside from joining the international relief efforts to help these people, I'm not sure what can be done. If America goes in with military force to oust it's present leader, there will be a real risk of war with Russia (NOT a smart idea) America is already using it's resources in it's efforts to combat ISIS in Mosul, and other places, getting bogged down in another war in Syria is not advisable.

Once again Whodey, it's easy for you to sit on the sidelines and criticize, but you've been woefully short of solutions here.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 18:351 edit
    Originally posted by mchill
    JMHO - I appreciate that Mrs. Clinton is trying to help the refugees here, but this situation with Syria is a no win for the USA. I feel sorry for the refugees it's created, but aside from joining the international relief efforts to help these people, I'm not sure what can be done. If America goes in with military force to oust it's present leader, there wil ...[text shortened]... for you to sit on the sidelines and criticize, but you've been woefully short of solutions here.
    It's really not that hard.

Make an agreement with Russia to create a "safe zone" where Syrians can return to their country under UN protection.

If not, stay the hell out and make Russia the international villain. Maybe kick them out of the UN altogether.

Or start a Hillary war.
  10. Germany
    Moves
    22 Oct '16 07:33
    I guess the US better get their military ready to join in then.
    Umm, the US is already involved in military operations in Syria.
  11. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Moves
    22 Oct '16 10:17
    Maybe the western powers will stop bombing Syrian civilians too?

For the USA it is time the entire region was made a no fly zone, including Pakistan and Yemen. Stop flying American drones around to target family gatherings and weddings and to generally terrorize civilian populations.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Oct '16 12:451 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Umm, the US is already involved in military operations in Syria.
    Of course they are. They are involved in pretty much every conflict on the globe because they must tinker with everyone. The point was that they want to increase that participation, which could mean WW3.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Oct '16 12:485 edits
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Maybe the western powers will stop bombing Syrian civilians too?

For the USA it is time the entire region was made a no fly zone, including Pakistan and Yemen. Stop flying American drones around to target family gatherings and weddings and to generally terrorize civilian populations.
    Maybe the US should stay the hell out of wars UNLESS they are 100% dedicated to vanquishing their enemy, which means staying in that region at least a decade after destroying their military, which is probably the easiest part of the war. It also means destroying any adjunct countries that harbor their enemies, like what they failed to do in Vietnam. Then comes policing and rebuilding, the hardest part of the war.

As for civilians, civilians die in war. That is what war is all about, especially when the enemy uses them as human shields. That's why going to war SHOULD be such a difficult choice. Of course, today they don't even call them wars. Obama refused to call Libya a war and I suspect Hillary will refuse to call Syria a war when she enters it full bore.

As I said, IF the UN creates a resolution to create a safe place for refugees to return, it is a long term project that ALL the countries of the world are dedicated to doing. It is the only thing that can work.
  14. Germany
    Moves
    27 Oct '16 14:19
    Of course they are. They are involved in pretty much every conflict on the globe because they must tinker with everyone. The point was that they want to increase that participation, which could mean WW3.
    Yikes, that sounds scary! Better give the nuclear codes to a reality TV star with the temperament of a four-year old with ADD.
  15. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Moves
    28 Oct '16 01:05
    Maybe the US should stay the hell out of wars UNLESS they are 100% dedicated to vanquishing their enemy, which means staying in that region at least a decade after destroying their military, which is probably the easiest part of the war. It also means destroying any adjunct countries that harbor their enemies, like what they failed to do in Vietnam. Then ...[text shortened]... that ALL the countries of the world are dedicated to doing. It is the only thing that can work.
    It also means destroying any adjunct countries that harbor their enemies, like what they failed to do in Vietnam.
    Like bombing Cambodia back into the stone age perhaps? Remind us how that worked out. For bonus points, remind us how when the Vietnamese moved in and removed the Khmer Rouge, bringing an end to their terrifying massacres, the USA protected the Khmer Rouge.