Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 14 Sep '12 08:22 / 1 edit
    Two miners died from police violence during the strike, its a miracle that hundreds more didn't die given how the police behaved. Hillsboro isn't a one off, steven lawrence isn't a one off, mark duggan isn't a one off, lynette white murder trial, guilford four, birmingham six, the times the police actually get caught is the tip of the iceberg. Criminal, bullying behaviour is endemic in the police forces of britain.

Anyone who's been to an away football match has known for years that the hillsboro families were correct, and that whatever cameron says, the attitude and behaviour of the police towards football fans has not changed at all. The only thing that has improved is the safety of the stadiums.
  2. 14 Sep '12 16:23
    I have seen police brutality at first hand during the 70's at football games ,i dont know if any one remembers the S.P.G. (special patrol group ) they were basically small squads of police picked from the thugs of the force and they were really nasty pieces of work !
    Some thing had to give with the police they became a law onto there own .
  3. 14 Sep '12 16:31 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by phil3000
    I have seen police brutality at first hand during the 70's at football games ,i dont know if any one remembers the S.P.G. (special patrol group ) they were basically small squads of police picked from the thugs of the force and they were really nasty pieces of work !
    Some thing had to give with the police they became a law onto there own .
    Yes, no coincidence that Hillsboro is in South Yorkshire, came on the back of police getting away with murder during the miners strike. Accepted at the very top that they remove their numbers whilst on the picket lines so that they cannot be identified. Police always have been and always will be brain dead thugs, the only difference now is that when they shoot someone like demenezes or beat someone like Ian Tomlinson, there are enough people with mobile phones etc around to video a lot of it.

Still, 330 deaths in police custody in the last 11 years, and not one police officer has been prosecuted for it. Thugs