1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    21 Aug '17 20:49
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    "Charles XXII."
    --Sh76

No, it was King Charles XII of Sweden. not his hypothetical great-great ... grandson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_XII_of_Sweden

After his defeat in the Battle of Poltava, Charles XII formed an alliance with the Ottoman Empire,
    which decisively defeated Russia in the Pruth River Campaign. The Ottomans probably ...[text shortened]... ld me that some extreme right-wing racist Swedes today
    have adopted Charles XII as their hero.
    Yes, sorry for the extra X.
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    21 Aug '17 20:51
    Originally posted by @whodey
    AND...............there was the US Olympic 1980 Hockey team. 😵
    That happened in Lake Placid. Whereas I'm sure you consider New York almost as much a Communist stronghold as the former Soviet Union, it would be a stretch to call that an invasion of Russia.
  3. Zugzwang
    Moves
    21 Aug '17 21:11
    Originally posted by @sh76
    Yes, sorry for the extra X.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klinefelter_syndrome

"Klinefelter syndrome (KS) also known as 47,XXY or XXY, is the set of symptoms that
    result from two or more X chromosomes in males."
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    21 Aug '17 21:24
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klinefelter_syndrome

"Klinefelter syndrome (KS) also known as 47,XXY or XXY, is the set of symptoms that
    result from two or more X chromosomes in males."
    And Duchess displays her humorous side...

Nice. 😀
  5. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y3ngvdp2
    Moves
    22 Aug '17 00:33
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    Geopolitics 101, Lesson 1: never invade Russia.

Napoleon got it wrong. Hitler got it wrong. Anyone else?
    The Mongols got it right.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Aug '17 11:231 edit
    Hmm.

Over 50 million unborn children dead.

You be the judge! 😵
    V 100 MILLION dead in the 20th century wars and genocides including several million Armenians. So in your eyes, 1 million dead adults = 1 dead baby.

BTW, the US already has a mirror 1/10th the size of the one Hitler wanted. And it is pointed down. a 500 foot mirror. It happens to be a espienage tool, an eye in the sky radio antenna that can pick up a cell phone from ten thousand miles away if needed. It is in an orbit about 8000 miles up or so. And other kinds of signals, airborn and ground radar, walkie talkie comm, ham radio. They can pick it up. It doesn't reflect sunlight but I guess if they had to it could have.

The mile wide reflector could concentrate 3.4 Gigawatts on to an area probably 1 meter or so in diameter so it definitely would be a powerful weapon, steering slowly though, it would not be able to switch targets very fast and would have to have the sun in the right position to target some place on Earth. It also would be useless at night for obvious reasons. If we used that 500 foot toy as a mirror, it would still zap 34 million watts on a small target so it could be a weapon if it had been designed to reflect light instead of radio waves.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    22 Aug '17 14:02
    Originally posted by @sh76
    Charles XXII.

Still, the Ottomans, British and French did pretty well in the Crimean War. And, the Polish invaders succeeded in the Polish–Muscovite War until internal politics undid them.
    The Russians themselves invaded and conquered most of modern-day Russia.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Aug '17 14:48
    If Hitler had won? The Amercians would be drinking top notch Bavarian Helles instead of Bilgewieser.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Aug '17 16:57
    Originally posted by @robbie-carrobie
    If Hitler had won? The Amercians would be drinking top notch Bavarian Helles instead of Bilgewieser.
    There are good lagers made in the US, my personal favorite, Yuengling lager, been made in Pennsylvani for 150 years. But there IS a lot of pather piss beer out there, Coors, Miller, gag me with a spoon...
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Aug '17 17:331 edit
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    There are good lagers made in the US, my personal favorite, Yuengling lager, been made in Pennsylvani for 150 years. But there IS a lot of pather piss beer out there, Coors, Miller, gag me with a spoon...
    How did they survive prohibition? The craft brewing Industry is exploding in America now.
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Moves
    22 Aug '17 19:08
    Sam Adams goes down very well, as does Anchor Steam porter.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Aug '17 19:522 edits
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    Sam Adams goes down very well, as does Anchor Steam porter.
    One restaurant in Piscataway NJ used to carry my Yuengling lager but stopped and then I went to Sam Adams which was an ok sub but not as good as old Yuengling.

There was prohibition but that didn't stop most breweries, just went into hiding still producing.

Funny the drug assswipes didn't figure that out about Marijuana. But that was deliberate, not a moral issue, a world class assswipe named Anslinger, and Herbert Hoover in cahoots with one of the cotton companies, Not sure which one but Anslinger hated blacks, Herbie hated Mexicans and Jazz and the cotton people hated hemp which has about zero THC but produces better cloth than Cotton. Big Cotton wanted to force out hemp and so the three got together, had those stupid Marijuana madness movies produced and such and got marijuana classed higher than heroin. People in Texas were being sent to jail for possession of ONE JOINT, like 3 times more than for murder or manslaughter. It was a sad day, well decades, in what used to be America.

One example from my personal experience: I lived in Denver Colorado during training time in the USAF, a year in a highly technical tech training.
    I met a buddy name of Anthony Dubois. One day, this was about 1966 or so, he was arrested for possession of a single joint. Got to court and it turned out he had snuck in a small pistol. He pulled it out, the court froze thinking he was going to off the judge but he said, this is on you judge, and put the gun to his own head and blew himself away, he said he would die in jail and preferred to die a free man and he did.

I stil think about him from time to time. Now it's legal in Colorado.
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Moves
    22 Aug '17 21:061 edit
    One restaurant in Piscataway NJ used to carry my Yuengling lager but stopped and then I went to Sam Adams which was an ok sub but not as good as old Yuengling.

There was prohibition but that didn't stop most breweries, just went into hiding still producing.

Funny the drug assswipes didn't figure that out about Marijuana. But that was deliberate, not ...[text shortened]... a free man and he did.

I stil think about him from time to time. Now it's legal in Colorado.
    I am sorry to hear of your friend's fate.

Reefer Madness, oh yeah -- we were shown that film in high school. I think they thought it would scare us away; instead, it showed us how to do it! Got it on DVD now, for old time's sake. LOL.

I grew up on the SF Peninsula in the 1960s, before it became Silicon Valley. My buddies and I used to hang around the Haight-Ashbury district in SF where one could go to headshops and get stoned just breathing in what other people were breathing out. I remember hitching-hiking across the U.S. at the age of 17 and stopping in a NE cornfield to piss. When I looked more closely, I realized it wasn't a corn field, it was hemp. A field that size would have been spotted by the California state police helicopter patrol and burnt. We bunked with some cousins of mine in NE and asked them about the fields of hemp we had seen that day. They said it was useless for getting high, too little THC content; it was used to make jute.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Aug '17 22:36
    Could the Nazi regime really have pulled these things off?

The giant mirror sounds a bit much. Is this where the death star concept came from?
    Is it just me or are you slightly obsessed with Hitler , Trump and the like ?
    I mean you kinda goto to these extreme examples whenever given a chance and here you start the thread with these awful scenarios ...
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Aug '17 22:371 edit
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    I doubt the injuns would have had much success. Hitler's well known for his little pranks.
    Exactly.
    Hitler would've 'kicked' the Indians if he had taken of the U.S.