Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    20 Apr '16 20:04 / 1 edit
    They'll be worth money someday.

reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0XH21W

Harriet Tubman replacing Andrew Jackson on twenty dollar bill.
  2. 20 Apr '16 22:28
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung

They might already fetch a premium for bulk importation into some parts of the country where there are enough people who don't want Tubman's image in their wallets and cash registers. A form of money laundering.
  3. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    21 Apr '16 00:04

Yes, they'll be worth $20
  4. 21 Apr '16 02:22

How many Jackson 5 records can be bought with a 'Jackson Twenty'?
  5. 21 Apr '16 02:23
    Charming.
    Just kill me now.
  6. 21 Apr '16 02:29
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    Charming. Just kill me now.
    I suppose that the fanatical supporters of the CSA (Normbenign, SERGEANTPMAIN,
    and St Dominics Preview) could start a petition to get Jefferson Davis on the 20 USD bill.
  7. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    22 Apr '16 14:36
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    and St Dominics Preview) could start a petition to get Jefferson Davis on the 20 USD bill.
    Do you ever have anything positive to say about anyone?
  8. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    22 Apr '16 17:43
    They should have put Michael or Jesse Jackson on that twenty. That way it would be someone more familiar to people and they could still add a black person to paper money and even keep it a Jackson!

Just kidding people! I don't really care who is on the paper money since I don't get to keep it very long anyway.
  9. 22 Apr '16 17:56 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by bill718
    Do you ever have anything positive to say about anyone?
    Bill718 resumes his obsessive trolling (which other writers have condemned) of me.

"Women on this site know if they contribute to the debates Forum they risk being subjected
    to abusive tirades by ignorant trolls."
    --Finnegan (to Bill718, 19 April 2016)

Finnegan characterized Bill718 as an 'ignorant troll' and condemned his 'abusive tirade' against me.
    Zahlanzi also recently condemned Bill718's abusive trolling against me.

In fact, it's clear beyond all doubt that Normbenign, SERGEANTPMAIN, and St Dominics Preview
    greatly admire the Confederate States of America (CSA). Therefore, it's plausible that
    they would like to see the CSA President, Jefferson Davis, honored in the USA today,
    though it would seem ironic if it assumed the form of appearing on the 20 USD bill.

I have *not misrepresented* Normbenign, SERGEANTPMAIN, or St Dominics Preview
    in describing them as supporters of the CSA. But the lying troll Bill718 loves to keep
    hurling more abuse and lies at me whenever he feels it's expedient.
  10. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    22 Apr '16 18:23
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    They should have put Michael or Jesse Jackson on that twenty. That way it would be someone more familiar to people and they could still add a black person to paper money and even keep it a Jackson!

[b]Just kidding people!
    I don't really care who is on the paper money since I don't get to keep it very long anyway.[/b]
    They could put both Michael and Jesse Jackson on the twenty and have thus have 1.5 black people.
  11. 23 Apr '16 10:35
    With Tubman's ugly mug on them I bet the new slang term for a 20 will be "Aunt Jemima's"
  12. 23 Apr '16 12:37 / 4 edits
    This just in, Trump says that he will see to it that Prince will now replace Tubman on the $20 if elected. His exact words, "That face! How can you force people to look at that face!"

Well Donald, you got the right PC race but not the right PC sex.

You fail............again.
  13. Standard member st dominics preview
    troll taunter
    23 Apr '16 20:52
    Thanks, D64

As an Englishman I have minimal interest in which figures the US of A decide to put on their banknotes.

However, to stay with the theme of the thread, I would suggest that the greatest ever American fiield commander probably deserves a place on a dollar note.

Would fit with the surname too

Thomas Jackson. Probably little chance of that either
  14. 23 Apr '16 23:35
    The chances of Jefferson Davis appearing on any US Currency or coin is slim and none, and Slim left town. It would be about as remote a possibility as Georg III getting on a C note.
  15. 23 Apr '16 23:37
    Originally posted by st dominics preview
    Thanks, D64

As an Englishman I have minimal interest in which figures the US of A decide to put on their banknotes.

However, to stay with the theme of the thread, I would suggest that the greatest ever American fiield commander probably deserves a place on a dollar note.

Would fit with the surname too

Thomas Jackson. Probably little chance of that either
    Absolutely, probably the greatest American military genius ever.