Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    01 Mar '18 01:03
    The two White House spokespeople who worked on Trump's denial of the Trump Tower meeting, Josh Raffel and Hope Hicks, have resigned within 24 hours of each other.

I think that qualifies as interesting.

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/968999123293736960?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

So do I. Perhaps some of you will recall this from a few weeks ago:

Former Trump team legal spokesperson Mark Corallo had concerns that White House communications director Hope Hicks could be considering obstructing justice after a comment she reportedly made about emails between Donald Trump Jr. and Russians, according to a New York Times story.

Hicks allegedly told President Donald Trump on a conference call that the Trump Jr. emails "will never get out," and Corallo plans to share the conversation with special counsel Robert Mueller, the Times reported Wednesday night, citing three people with knowledge of his interview request.
    CNN previously reported that Corallo is scheduled to be interviewed by Mueller's team in the next two weeks, according to a source with knowledge of the matter, and is expected to be asked about the Air Force One meeting in which the President and his staff crafted the statement responding on behalf of Trump Jr. to the controversy over the June 2016 Trump Tower campaign meeting.
    The Times reported that sources said Corallo was concerned by what she said, and thought she was either being naive or implying that the emails could be withheld from the special counsel's team.
    Hicks' lawyer denied that she ever said that in a statement to CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/31/politics/mark-corallo-hope-hicks-donald-trump-jr-emails/index.html

Hicks was interviewed by Mueller's team in December and surely denied that she had made the statement. This sets her up nicely for a lying to investigators charge. Yesterday, she was to be questioned by a Congressional Committee about her actions, but refused to answer any questions regarding her stint as White House Communications Director. Now she suddenly resigns.

I've been expecting an indictment of her, but she may have decided to cooperate with Mueller to avoid one. That is speculation, but if she does, she was right at the heart of the Trump administration and may have some interesting tales to tell.
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    01 Mar '18 01:15
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    The two White House spokespeople who worked on Trump's denial of the Trump Tower meeting, Josh Raffel and Hope Hicks, have resigned within 24 hours of each other.

I think that qualifies as interesting.

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/968999123293736960?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

So do I. Perhaps some of you wil ...[text shortened]... was right at the heart of the Trump administration and may have some interesting tales to tell.
    The ship is sinking and the rats are clearing out.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    01 Mar '18 07:20
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    The ship is sinking and the rats are clearing out.
    She had to go when she forgot to use Newspeak for "white lies" i.e. "alternative truths".