Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    29 Apr '18 19:18
    Well, we all knew that caravan was coming. The horde of immigrants from Central America has arrived at the US border.

    But why are they here? That is the question. The US is the only country in the entire world to turn their noses up at socialized medicine and socialism in general. Not only that, the US has Hitler sitting in the Oval Office waiting to suck the brains out of these poor little immigrant babies.

    So what then is the appeal?

    Anyone?
  2. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    29 Apr '18 19:38
    Originally posted by @whodey

    But why are they here?
    The U.S. has a higher standard of living than Central America.

    Any more stupid questions?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    29 Apr '18 19:46
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    The U.S. has a higher standard of living than Central America.

    Any more stupid questions?
    Money? They are greedy or is that just white conservative devils in the US?
  4. Behind the scenes
    Joined
    27 Jun '16
    Moves
    1406
    29 Apr '18 19:47
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Well, we all knew that caravan was coming. The horde of immigrants from Central America has arrived at the US border.

    But why are they here? That is the question. The US is the only country in the entire world to turn their noses up at socialized medicine and socialism in general. Not only that, the US has Hitler sitting in the Oval Office waiting to ...[text shortened]... the brains out of these poor little immigrant babies.

    So what then is the appeal?

    Anyone?
    Your ability to twist the truth is admirable Whodey, you should have been a politician. The immigrant situation at the border has nothing to do with socialized medicine and you know it, it has to do with people fleeing governments more corrupt than our own and seeking to improve their standard of living, you know, just like your ancestors did! Stop harping of socialized medicine and see this for what it really is.

    The tone of your last 10 posts here would suggest you're a Trumpbot, despite your claims to the contrary.
  5. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    29 Apr '18 21:16
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Money? They are greedy or is that just white conservative devils in the US?
    It's not "greedy" to seek a better life for yourself and/or your family. They are not taking anything from others.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    29 Apr '18 21:27
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Your ability to twist the truth is admirable Whodey, you should have been a politician. The immigrant situation at the border has nothing to do with socialized medicine and you know it, it has to do with people fleeing governments more corrupt than our own and seeking to improve their standard of living, you know, just like your ancestors did! Stop harping o ...[text shortened]... of your last 10 posts here would suggest you're a Trumpbot, despite your claims to the contrary.
    I don't understand it. The US seems like the only country not to embrace socialized medicine and they all want to come here. Don't they know it is so much better everywhere else?

    And how can the US have high living standards with such inequality? Do they want to come here and grumble against the evil 1% as they live in squalor?

    I just don't get it.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    29 Apr '18 21:281 edit
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    It's not "greedy" to seek a better life for yourself and/or your family. They are not taking anything from others.
    At what point does seeking a better life become greed?

    What is the dollar amount?

    Can you conjure up Marx to find out for me?
  8. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    29 Apr '18 21:40
    Originally posted by @whodey
    At what point does seeking a better life become greed?

    What is the dollar amount?

    Can you conjure up Marx to find out for me?
    Maybe you should look up what greed is.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    29 Apr '18 22:07
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    Maybe you should look up what greed is.
    I looked in the dictionary and it says it is whatever KN says it is, specifically, people KN does not like, but people he does like are not considered greedy, just so long as they are Left winged they can be as greedy as George Soros and it's all good.
  10. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    29 Apr '18 22:081 edit
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra to Whodey
    The U.S. has a higher standard of living than Central America.
    Any more stupid questions?
    The motivation's not only economic but also in fleeing endemic violence in Central America.
    Given that Central America's been poor for a long time, then why does it appear that
    there are recently more people who are determined to leave?

    If people in Central America felt secure from violence, then not many of them would prefer
    to leave their homes and risk building new lives in an unfamiliar racist society (USA).
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    29 Apr '18 22:09
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    The motivation's not only economic but also in fleeing endemic violence in Central America.
    Violence? You mean gun violence is worse there? 😲

    Why are they then coming to put their kids in American public schools?

    I reckon they would rather place their lives in the hands of Hitler than in any country around that region.

    Very telling.
  12. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    29 Apr '18 22:13
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Violence? You mean gun violence is worse there? 😲

    Why are they then coming to put their kids in American public schools?

    I reckon they would rather place their lives in the hands of Hitler than in any country around that region.

    Very telling.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Honduras

    "Homicide violence reached a peak in 2012 with an average of 20 homicides a day.[2]
    Cities such as San Pedro Sula and the Tegucigalpa have registered homicide rates among
    the highest in the world."

    "Along with Guatemala and El Salvador, Honduras forms part of the Central America
    Northern Triangle, which has been characterized as one of the most violent regions in the world.[4]
    As a result of crime and increasing murder rates, the flow of migrants from Honduras to
    the U.S. also went up."
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    29 Apr '18 22:19
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Honduras

    "Homicide violence reached a peak in 2012 with an average of 20 homicides a day.[2]
    Cities such as San Pedro Sula and the Tegucigalpa have registered homicide rates among
    the highest in the world."

    "Along with Guatemala and El Salvador, Honduras forms part of the Central America
    Northern Triangle ...[text shortened]... ime and increasing murder rates, the flow of migrants from Honduras to
    the U.S. also went up."
    So why is that do you reckon, and why is the US soooo much better?
  14. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    29 Apr '18 22:231 edit
    Originally posted by @whodey
    So why is that do you reckon, and why is the US soooo much better?
    The drug cartels have less power in the USA than in Central America.
    The state (including law enforcement) has more effective power in the USA.
  15. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    29 Apr '18 23:05
    The "horde" is about 300 people of whom 180 are going to apply for legal asylum. The caravan at one point contained 1200 individuals but: Hundreds dropped out along the way, choosing to travel on their own or to stay in Mexico. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/29/world/americas/mexico-caravan-trump.html?hpw&rref=world&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=well-region&region=bottom-well&WT.nav=bottom-well

    In short, this is a hysterical mountain out of a molehill created by Fox News and Trump.
Back to Top