Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '17 14:53
    YouTube

"The Trump administration isn’t afraid to get caught lying. That poses a real challenge for journalists and news networks grappling with government propaganda."

How can a journalist deal with someone unrestricted by the shame of being ousted as a liar? Someone whose response to being caught lying is to double down on the lie and put out 10 more lies the next day?

I liked one of that journalism professor ideas:
    Stop sending veteran journalists to White House briefings and just send interns. Treat the White House with the same respect they show the media and have the veterans do more important work: fact checking everything Sean Spicer says.
  2. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Feb '17 15:12
    How can the White House deal with a lying media?
  3. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    02 Feb '17 16:02
    The media should laugh in their faces whilst saying: "Really? Loch Ness monster said what?"

Just piss the bastards off.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Feb '17 16:251 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlk3TBJdWwE

"The Trump administration isn’t afraid to get caught lying. That poses a real challenge for journalists and news networks grappling with government propaganda."

How can a journalist deal with someone unrestricted by the shame of being ousted as a liar? Someone whose response to being caught lying is to dou ...[text shortened]... media and have the veterans do more important work: fact checking everything Sean Spicer says.
    Although I'm not much of a Trump fan, it is surprising that he seems to be trying to live up to his promises that he gave us. He seems to be trying to do most things he has promised very early in his term

He does this while squabbling over petty things such issues as crowd size. Really? Why can't he just let it alone and shut his mouth?

I suppose the biggest lie was that he was going to put Hillary behind bars. He never intended to so do and he knew it.

They are friends after all.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '17 18:13
    Originally posted by whodey
    Although I'm not much of a Trump fan, it is surprising that he seems to be trying to live up to his promises that he gave us. He seems to be trying to do most things he has promised very early in his term

He does this while squabbling over petty things such issues as crowd size. Really? Why can't he just let it alone and shut his mouth?

I suppose the ...[text shortened]... Hillary behind bars. He never intended to so do and he knew it.

They are friends after all.
    "He seems to be trying to do most things he has promised very early in his term"
    yes, promises that won't cost his billionaire friends a dime.

ban the muslims: ok, some muslims banned, promise accomplished. nevermind that it is inhumane and doesn't accomplish nothing. nevermind that it is hypocritical to ban syrians but not saudi arabians (who actually donated terrorists to 9/11)

build the wall: awesome monument to trump's ego and nothing else. 10 billion dollars minimum out of american pockets. who knows how many more billions in the future to man and maintain it. a nice economic boost to mexican ladder and rope manufacturers.

it's not hard to keep those promises.
    how about his promise to not cut medicaid and medicare? how about his promise to make pharmaceutical companies negotiate drug prices? how about his promise to appoint a special prosecutor to lock clinton up (at least this one is a good thing he didn't keep).

who is dumb enough to think trump is keeping his promises just because he signed some executive orders for the easiest two of them?
  6. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Moves
    02 Feb '17 18:18
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    How can the White House deal with a lying media?
    He seems quite happy with Fox News.
  7. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Feb '17 19:25
    Originally posted by finnegan
    He seems quite happy with Fox News.
    Me too...
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Feb '17 20:12
    Me too...
    I see... so ACTUAL "lying media" gets a free pass.
  9. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Moves
    02 Feb '17 20:27
    Me too...
    We guessed. The signs are there.