Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 29 Oct '16 19:59 / 1 edit
    http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/29/oregon-militia-bundys-acquittals-anti-government-right-influence

"How the Oregon Militia Acquittals Reflect the Appeal of White Nationalist Agitators"
    --Andrew Gumbal

Would non-white defendants have been acquitted under the same circumstances?
    Will this verdict encourage other right-wing white militias to take up arms against the US government?
    Will this verdict encourage some of Donald Trump's supporters to take up arms if he loses the 'rigged' election?
  2. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    29 Oct '16 20:14
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/29/oregon-militia-bundys-acquittals-anti-government-right-influence

"How the Oregon Militia Acquittals Reflect the Appeal of White Nationalist Agitators"
    --Andrew Gumbal

Will this verdict encourage other right-wing white militia ...[text shortened]... t encourage some of Donald Trump's supporters to take up arms if he loses the 'rigged' election?
    Only an idiot of your ineptitude could make a glaringly obvious issue into something completely unrelated.
    Why not hone in on the fact that these citizens were not women?
    Your arrogance is only exceeded by your oblivion to your obviousness.
    No matter what, you will find a way to blame the white male.
    Pound effing sand, you whiny, irrelevant poseur.
  3. 29 Oct '16 20:21 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Only an idiot of your ineptitude could make a glaringly obvious issue into something completely unrelated.
    The racist troll FreakyKBH ignores the fact that 'WHITE NATIONALIST' is in the article's title.
    Andrew Gumbal, a white man (I looked up his photo at his website), wrote *throughout
    his article* about the supposed influence of racism in acquitting the white defendants.

Unlike a lying troll such as FreakyKBH, I could *not* misrepresent Andrew Gumbal by
    pretending that he never wrote about racism in his article.
  4. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    29 Oct '16 21:26
    The racist troll FreakyKBH ignores the fact that 'WHITE NATIONALIST' is in the article's title.
    Andrew Gumbal, a white man (I looked up his photo at his website), wrote *throughout
    his article* about the supposed influence of racism in acquitting the white defendants.

Unlike a lying troll such as FreakyKBH, I could *not* misrepresent Andrew Gumbal by
    pretending that he never wrote about racism in his article.
    What the clearly non-racist FreakyKBH has pointed out is how the delusional The Douche$$64 has latched on to the bait and fleshed it out in her post.
    Instead of approaching the constitutionality of the factors involved, this human pariah opted to narrow her perspective, limiting the conversation to the ethnicity of the players involved.
    Such a pity to see the Internet used in such puerile fashion as The Douche$$64 does on the daily.
  5. Subscriber KingDavid403
    King David
    29 Oct '16 21:38

--Andrew Gumbal

Will this verdict encourage other right-wing white militia ...[text shortened]... t encourage some of Donald Trump's supporters to take up arms if he loses the 'rigged' election?
    I wonder if those un-armed, peaceful protesters in North Dakota protesting the oil pipeline coming right through their reservation will be acquitted of all charges?? Well actually, I do not wonder because they are not white trump sheep.
  6. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    29 Oct '16 21:45
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    I wonder if those un-armed, peaceful protesters in North Dakota protesting the oil pipeline coming right through their reservation will be acquitted of all charges?? Well actually, I do not wonder because they are not white trump sheep.
    Perhaps.
    But is they black?
    Is they male?
    If they is white whilst being male, they be guilty as hell.
  7. 29 Oct '16 22:04
    unarmed black men get shot by the police and these idiots get acquitted and you don't think race has anything to do with it?

i would repeat that you are a moron but what would be the point. it's nothing all here don't already know.
  8. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    30 Oct '16 01:21
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    unarmed black men get shot by the police and these idiots get acquitted and you don't think race has anything to do with it?

i would repeat that you are a moron but what would be the point. it's nothing all here don't already know.
    That's a great little narrative you're spouting; wonder where you found it?
    That tripe is so compelling on paper, but it's a pity it lacks anything approaching truth.
    A police officer is legally authorized to take any citizen's life for due cause.
    007, but in real life.
    Those who offer unwarranted resistance while engaged with police are risking the loss of their lives.
    What occurred in this situation is far removed from the scenarios wherein black youths needlessly lost their lives.
  9. 30 Oct '16 02:49
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi

Shlongski the race card has been overplayed. Get over it.
  10. 30 Oct '16 04:49
    Most are armed CRIMINALS. Shoot to kill. Center mass unless you have a good head shot.
  11. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    30 Oct '16 06:46
    Will this verdict encourage other right-wing white militias to take up arms against the US government?
    Will this verdict encourage some of Donald Trump's supporters to take up arms if he loses the 'rigged' election?[/b]
    I certainly hope so!

God damn, the prospect of yanks killing each other instead of us (us being the rest of the world) is music to my ears!

One can only hope the armed uprisings don't cause too much collatoral damage though...
  12. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    30 Oct '16 06:50
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Shlongski the race card has been overplayed. Get over it.
    Mhmmm, yes, over-played the race card is...

Hahaha

It's just a pity that 17% of the US population (many from said race) disagree with that sentiment.

Does that sound like a problem that needs addressing?
    No! Let it fester! That will really work.
  13. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    30 Oct '16 06:53
    That's a great little narrative you're spouting; wonder where you found it?
    That tripe is so compelling on paper, but it's a pity it lacks anything approaching truth.
    A police officer is legally authorized to take any citizen's life for due cause.
    007, but in real life.
    Those who offer unwarranted resistance while engaged with police are risking the lo ...[text shortened]... is situation is far removed from the scenarios wherein black youths needlessly lost their lives.
    Unwarrented resistance...

Great term. Do you dare define it?
    For example: is it an objective unwarrentedness or a policeman's discretion?

Now, I know the answer... and I can't but help ponder the long term efffects of it.
    Do you?

Naaaa, let it fester... that's the best way of addressing problems.
  14. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    30 Oct '16 09:30

--Andrew Gumbal

...and once again, Duchess proves to us all that the white man IS the enemy!
  15. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    30 Oct '16 11:09
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Unwarrented resistance...

Great term. Do you dare define it?
    For example: is it an objective unwarrentedness or a policeman's discretion?

Now, I know the answer... and I can't but help ponder the long term efffects of it.
    Do you?

Naaaa, let it fester... that's the best way of addressing problems.
    On the rare occasions I have been detained by the police, I play the situation exactly as it is presented, i.e., I act as though this person can--- and very likely will--- if I give them any reason whatsoever to consider me a threat.
    So how do I handle it?
    If I am driving, I pull over in the first safe spot: safe for me, safe for the officer.
    Hazards on, lights switched to parking lights only, 100% of the interior lights on, hands at 11 and one on the steering wheel, fingers completely splayed open, driver's window down.
    I don't reach for anything until they ask for the usual items: license, registration, proof of insurance.
    Even then, no sudden motions, nothing hidden.
    Now contrast this 52.5 year old white male with the behavior of the young black males who have been shot and/or killed during their encounters with police.
    Aggressive, defiant, refusing to follow direct commands, combative, furtive motions with their hands, etc., etc..
    The one in the parking lot at a convenience store?
    Kid was on his stomach, STILL making motions toward his waistline despite being told not to move, to keep his hands where they could be seen at all times.
    Are you kidding me?
    Most people unfamiliar with guns are not aware of how quickly a person can get multiple shots off--- from the waistline.
    A shooter does not need to be in a shooting position: a hand in close proximity to the weapon, a finger on the trigger is all it takes.

All of that being said, I am not a big fan of the police.
    I think they tend toward being bullies and--- according to several reports I've read--- some police departments weed out candidates who might pose a threat by being more reasoned and objective than others on account of their intelligence.
    I've personally witnessed and experienced police brutality and unwarranted actions otherwise.
    I've taught my children to never, under any circumstances whatsoever, offer any information other than basic identification to police without an attorney or one of their parents present.
    Yet this is the system we've all agreed upon: we have allowed some to walk among us with the authority to take lives.
    But guess what?
    Concealed carry offers me the same authority.
    The Second Amendment guarantees my equal footing stance in protecting my life and property--- even against the government.
    The problem, as I see it, is when we take our responsibilities to live among each other peacefully too flippantly, too lightly.
    The people who are shot and killed by police during otherwise innocuous situations typically share at least one trait, and it isn't skin color.
    It is that they dare the police to take action against them.