Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    14 Sep '13 17:07 / 1 edit
    I've noticed over the past few decades those that clamor loudest and longest for American military action around the world share 2 qualities:

1. They know they'll never have to fight in a war

2. They hate paying taxes of any kind

So, the best way of finding resources for American military action is to tax those who what this military action for the cost of equipment, supplies, food etc. AND draft those people, and make them fight in it! Do this, and you'd find peace break out faster than you can say "hypocrite"
  2. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    14 Sep '13 17:19
    WARNING
    Some of you may find this video somewhat racist or object to some of the language.
    If you think this may apply to you, by all means DO NOT WATCH IT!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO5EFYY6P14
  3. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    14 Sep '13 17:24
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    WARNING
    Some of you may find this video somewhat racist or object to some of the language.

That was pretty funny!
  4. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    14 Sep '13 17:29
    Originally posted by bill718
    That was pretty funny!
    I don't know how I manage to find all this kind of stuff. I guess I have a little too much time on my hands.
  5. 15 Sep '13 06:39
    I've noticed over the past few decades those that clamor loudest and longest for American military action around the world share 2 qualities:

So, the best way of finding resources for American military action is to tax those who what this military action for the ...[text shortened]... fight in it! Do this, and you'd find peace break out faster than you can say "hypocrite"
    Also, how about we only tax people for roads they are actually using?
  6. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    15 Sep '13 07:24
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Also, how about we only tax people for roads they are actually using?
    Yep.
    Benefits too.

If you need a government hand-out then pay for it!!!!!!!!!
  7. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    15 Sep '13 17:05
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    WARNING

Lol

Bastards. You may buy my Empire but my minions will be the biggest voting bloc.

Hispanic represent
  8. 18 Sep '13 02:27 / 2 edits

So, the best way of finding resources for American military action is to tax those who what this military action for the ...[text shortened]... fight in it! Do this, and you'd find peace break out faster than you can say "hypocrite"
    Actually collectivism is the best way to fund war.

Look at the massive collectivist states such as Nazi Germany, the former USSR, China, and now the US. Each has centralized government and created huge cash cows to fund war across the globe.

Before WW1, the US had a meager army. However, with the great collectivist Wilson the US adopted the federal income tax which help give birth the collectivist Leviathan called the US federal government. Later FDR further centralized it to gear up for WW2.

Germany also learned this lesson. For example, Germany was in a much better fiscal situation at the beginning of WW1 than it was during the beginning of WW2. Despite this, WW2 was better financed that in WW1. From September 1939 to September 1944, 50% of war expenditures were covered by existing revenues. From 1914 to 1918 that figure was only 13%. "Floating debts", which were paid by printing more money, covered 24% of expenditures, while the remaining 62% was financed via long term war bonds bought by the German people.

Germany's difficulty in raising revenues between 1914 and 1918 was not just a failure of political will. It was caused primarily by the fact that the individual states within imperial Germany retained most of the control over the tax system.

So as we can see, in order to have dominating war machines in the world, you must first move towards collectivism. Then your imperial dreams of world conquest will lie just around the corner.......
  9. 18 Sep '13 11:54
    What I often wonder is, can one survive in a world of collectivist warmongers without becoming one yourself?

Put another way, could the US have survived the warmongering Germany without allowing Wilson and FDR turning the US into a collectivist utopia in order bulk up the military to fight them?

Looking back at early American history, the Founding Fathers were collectivist of sorts as well. They realized the importance of uniting the colonies to help fight off collectivist states like England. Once this uniting the colonies was achieved, they could move forward to fight off, not only England, but the American Indian as well. An interesting side note in history is how an American Indian named Tecumseh realized at one point that in order to fight off the American aggressors, they had to unite the tribes together to do it. Of course he failed, and so did the attempt by the American Indian to fight off the conquering colonists.