Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriber moonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    14 May '17 16:29 / 1 edit
    Dump the male flight attendants ("stewards" ). No one wanted them in the first place.

Replace all the female flight attendants with YOUNG good-looking strippers.

Flight attendants don't serve food anymore anyway, so no loss there.

Strippers would triple the alcohol sales and get a "party atmosphere" going in the cabin. Every businessman in the country would start flying again, hoping to see naked women, leading to massive profits for the industry and a trickle down effect for those who aren't yet billionaires like Donald. Because of the tips, female flight strippers wouldn't need a salary, thus saving the airlines even more money.

Muslims would be afraid to get on the planes for fear of seeing naked women, so security checks would no longer be needed and security would actually increase.

This is definitely a win-win situation if handled right -- a golden opportunity to turn a liability into an asset.

Comment?
  2. Standard member DeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    14 May '17 17:30
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Dump the male flight attendants ("stewards" ). No one wanted them in the first place.

Strippers would triple the alcohol sales and get a "party atmosphere" going in the cabin. Every businessman in the coun ...[text shortened]... tuation if handled right -- a golden opportunity to turn a liability into an asset.

Comment?
    Problem is you might get a crash if the pilot pulls on the joystick at the wrong time.
  3. 14 May '17 21:03 / 1 edit

Strippers would triple the alcohol sales and get a "party atmosphere" going in the cabin. Every businessman in the country ...[text shortened]... tuation if handled right -- a golden opportunity to turn a liability into an asset.

Comment?
    "Muslims would be afraid to get on the planes for fear of seeing naked women ..."
    --Moonbus

Are Muslim women afraid of seeing themselves without clothing?

Reportedly, on the evening of 10 September 2001, some Muslim future hijackers visited
    an American strip club and paid generously (they would have no more use for money tomorrow)
    to have lap dances performed for themselves.
  4. Subscriber moonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    15 May '17 04:29 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    "Muslims would be afraid to get on the planes for fear of seeing naked women ..."
    --Moonbus

Are Muslim women afraid of seeing themselves without clothing?

Reportedly, on the evening of 10 September 2001, some Muslim future hijackers visited
    an American strip club and paid generously (they would have no more use for money tomorrow) to have lap dances performed for themselves.
    "Are Muslim women afraid of seeing themselves without clothing?" I dunno, the local sheik wouldn't let me into his harem to find out.

"Reportedly, on the evening of 10 September 2001, some Muslim future hijackers visited
    an American strip club and paid generously (they would have no more use for money tomorrow) to have lap dances performed for themselves." If one is convinced that one is going to heaven on the morrow as a martyr, one can afford one last night of sin. Twisted, really twisted. But then, anyone who is prepared to fly a passenger plane into a building is already twisted.
  5. Standard member vivify
    rain
    15 May '17 05:55 / 1 edit

Strippers would triple the alcohol sales and get a "party atmosphere" going in the cabin. Every businessman in the coun ...[text shortened]... tuation if handled right -- a golden opportunity to turn a liability into an asset.

Comment?
    Save costs on airport security by having all Muslims fly through United Airlines.
  6. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    15 May '17 07:58

Comment?
    And they double as flotation devices?
  7. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    15 May '17 11:27
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Problem is you might get a crash if the pilot pulls on the joystick at the wrong time.
    Or pulls the WRONG joystick at the right time
  8. Subscriber moonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    15 May '17 13:06
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Or pulls the WRONG joystick at the right time
    I'm sure co-pilots are given adequate training in this.
  9. 15 May '17 19:19 / 1 edit
    "Are Muslim women afraid of seeing themselves without clothing?" I dunno, the local sheik wouldn't let me into his harem to find out.

"Reportedly, on the evening of 10 September 2001, some Muslim future hijackers visited
    an American strip club and paid generously (they would have no more use for money tomorrow) to have lap dances performed for themsel d. But then, anyone who is prepared to fly a passenger plane into a building is already twisted.
    Real Muslims are often different from popular Western stereotypes of them.
    In contrast to Moonbus, I have had conversations with diverse women of Muslim heritage,
    who include feminists and (gasp!) lesbians. Many Muslim women are less prudish than he imagines.

"If one is convinced that one is going to heaven on the morrow as a martyr,
    one can afford one last night of sin. Twisted, really twisted."
    --Moonbus

In reality, it's common for warriors--of many diverse cultures--on the eve of battle, expecting
    to die tomorrow, to enjoy a final fling of 'wine, women, and song' (not necessarily in that order).
    In one case, a Japanese kamikaze pilot attempted to break his engagement because, as
    he told his fiancée, there could be no future for them together. She truly loved him and
    wished to save one last most intimate remembrance of him. So on the night before he was
    scheduled for his final mission, she yielded her virginity to him. Then he flew away and died.
  10. Subscriber moonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    16 May '17 12:51
    Real Muslims are often different from popular Western stereotypes of them.
    In contrast to Moonbus, I have had conversations with diverse women of Muslim heritage,
    who include feminists and (gasp!) lesbians. Many Muslim women are less prudish than he imagines.

"If one is convinced that one is going to heaven on the morrow as a martyr,
    one can afford ...[text shortened]...
    scheduled for his final mission, she yielded her virginity to him. Then he flew away and died.
    Sarcasm does not register on your radar, does it?
  11. 16 May '17 20:40 / 2 edits
    Sarcasm does not register on your radar, does it?
    I already know that Moonbus created this thread in the spirit of sarcasm.
    But he apparently seriously clings to ignorant stereotypes about Muslims.

"Muslims would be afraid to get on the planes for fear of seeing naked women."
    --Moonbus

One of his errors is apparently presuming that all Muslim terrorists must be devout Muslims
    who are so culturally conservative that they would be horrified by 'looser' Western mores.
    On the contrary, many Muslim terrorists were not known as being devout at all (rarely attending mosques)
    or knowledgeable of Islam. (Two British Muslims who volunteered to fight for ISIS made
    their preparation by ordering _Islam for Dummies_ from Amazon UK.) Some Muslim terrorists
    have lived for years, apparently without obvious discomfort ('blending in' ) in Western societies.
    Some Muslim terrorists have even enjoyed relationships with non-Muslim Western women.
  12. Subscriber moonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    17 May '17 09:28 / 2 edits
    Actually the OP is less about Muslims per se than about the ludicrous lengths the USA is prepared to go to try to gain security. Viz banning all electronic devices larger than some arbitrary size on board, but because this would alienate massive numbers of tourists from ostensibly allied countries, such as the U.K., the ban was applied to only a few countries. Clear case of thinking with blinders on, knee-jerk reaction to a perceived threat, without even attempting to come to grips with the underlying issue of why anyone would want to harm U.S. interests.

Remember the guy who tried to detonate a shoe bomb on board? It failed, but that's why shoes are now scanned at airport security check points. If someone figured a way to plant a bomb in a diaper, babies' diapers would soon be banned too. Get it? Treating security symptomatically is missing the point. And that is what this thread is really about, albeit with a dose of sarcasm.
  13. 17 May '17 18:37
    Actually the OP is less about Muslims per se than about the ludicrous lengths the USA is prepared to go to try to gain security. Viz banning all electronic devices larger than some arbitrary size on board, but because this would alienate massive numbers of tourists from ostensibly allied countries, such as the U.K., the ban was applied to only a few countri ...[text shortened]... missing the point. And that is what this thread is really about, albeit with a dose of sarcasm.
    "Actually the OP is less about Muslims per se than about ..."
    --Moonbus

I did *not* write that Moonbus's original post was only 'about Muslims per se'.
    My point is that Moonbus used an ignorant stereotype about Muslims in it.
    I regard that as no more acceptable than if he had used an ignorant stereotype about African Americans.
  14. Subscriber moonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    18 May '17 04:25
    "Actually the OP is less about Muslims per se than about ..."
    --Moonbus

I did *not* write that Moonbus's original post was only 'about Muslims per se'.
    My point is that Moonbus used an ignorant stereotype about Muslims in it.
    I regard that as no more acceptable than if he had used an ignorant stereotype about African Americans.
    My views on Muslims bear no resemblance to the views you impute to me. That chip's on your shoulder, not mine.

The OP is a parody of how America might go about dealing with a security threat. If you don't find it amusing, then just drop it.
  15. 18 May '17 19:59 / 1 edit
    My views on Muslims bear no resemblance to the views you impute to me. That chip's on your shoulder, not mine.
    The OP is a parody of how America might go about dealing with a security threat. If you don't find it amusing, then just drop it.
    It's Moonbus, not me, who introduced an ignorant stereotype about Muslims.
    Let's suppose that Moonbus had written that African-American passengers could be made
    instantly happy aboard airliners if they were offered free unlimited supplies of watermelon.
    Would Moonbus find that amusing too?

The 'all African Americans must love watermelon' stereotype may be less offensive than
    the 'all Muslims must be terrified of naked women or overt displays of sexuality' stereotype.