Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    03 Jul '10 19:28 / 9 edits
    Study the following:

    Osama bin Laden and Al Quaida
    Non-Al Quaida Insurgents
    Benito Mussolini vs the Sicilian Mob
    Black Hawk Down
    Mao
    Che
    Castro
    Sun Tzu
    Book of Five Rings
    Anarchist's Cookbook
    Soviet-Afghan war
    Chichimeca Wars
    Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, focussing on Texans and the circumstances surrounding the treaty
    American Revolution
    French Revolution
    Bolshevik Revolution
    Vietnam War
    Irish Republican Army
    Mexican Mafia, "illegal immigrants" and the "modern reconquista"

    Now, in light of that, how does a superpower take on insurgents?

    Respect. That's my answer. Treat them like human beings who are your equal. "Seduce" them instead of the more convenient method of "raping" them.

    What do you think?
  2. 04 Jul '10 00:09
    Batista was a superpower? Chiang Kai-Shek was?
  3. 04 Jul '10 00:12
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Study the following:

    Osama bin Laden and Al Quaida
    Non-Al Quaida Insurgents
    Benito Mussolini vs the Sicilian Mob
    Black Hawk Down
    Mao
    Che
    Castro
    Sun Tzu
    Book of Five Rings
    Anarchist's Cookbook
    Soviet-Afghan war
    Chichimeca Wars
    Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, focussing on Texans and the circumstances surrounding the treaty
    American Revoluti ...[text shortened]... ce" them instead of the more convenient method of "raping" them.

    What do you think?
    i actually think you should hang out in Cuba a while and once you've figured out what Castro's doing wrong, convince him of the error of the ways. as he truly has the peoples' interests at heart he should have no problem paying heed to your ideas.
  4. 04 Jul '10 00:12
    Cuba is a People's Paradise! all you have to do is get there and you'll be all set!
  5. 04 Jul '10 00:15
    google images for: hottest "cuban women"
  6. 04 Jul '10 00:16
    hang out on the beach all day, sipping palm wine and slurping down live conch.
  7. 04 Jul '10 00:16
    and the ganja!
  8. 04 Jul '10 00:16
    don't think you'll be missing RHP forums should you make it there.
  9. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    04 Jul '10 00:41
    Seven posts and you didn't take a position in the debate.
  10. 04 Jul '10 05:32
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Seven posts and you didn't take a position in the debate.
    sure i did. i guess it went right by your head.
  11. 04 Jul '10 14:46
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    What do you think?
    Similar to what you have said.
    My solution is to work to remove the insurgents support. That includes education and economic assistance.
    Propaganda too would go a long way. This includes propaganda against the insurgents as well as propaganda amongst your own people to help them give more respect to the supporters of insurgents.
    Regarding the US's recent wars I don't see nearly enough of either of the above types of propaganda.
    I would like to see more:
    1. US Muslims speaking out against suicide bombing - and being given more of a forum to do so.
    2. More propaganda showing that not all Muslims are evil suicide bombers.
  12. 04 Jul '10 15:11
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    Cuba is a People's Paradise! all you have to do is get there and you'll be all set!
    Wrong!! Venezuala is the new paradise. So everyone grab a plane and enjoy!!
  13. Standard member Scheel
    <blank>
    04 Jul '10 16:11
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Study the following:

    Osama bin Laden and Al Quaida
    Non-Al Quaida Insurgents
    Benito Mussolini vs the Sicilian Mob
    Black Hawk Down
    Mao
    Che
    Castro
    Sun Tzu
    Book of Five Rings
    Anarchist's Cookbook
    Soviet-Afghan war
    Chichimeca Wars
    Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, focussing on Texans and the circumstances surrounding the treaty
    American Revoluti ...[text shortened]... ce" them instead of the more convenient method of "raping" them.

    What do you think?
    I think you will find that Eric Hobsbawm http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Hobsbawm provides interesting reading.
    Among other things he have written a quite exact analysis of why the US would (he wrote it in 65) eventually loose the Vietnam war.

    Hobsbawm have views him self that most would find controversial, but his historical analysis is very deep and usually brilliant.
  14. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    04 Jul '10 19:55
    Originally posted by Scheel
    I think you will find that Eric Hobsbawm http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Hobsbawm provides interesting reading.
    Among other things he have written a quite exact analysis of why the US would (he wrote it in 65) eventually loose the Vietnam war.

    Hobsbawm have views him self that most would find controversial, but his historical analysis is very deep and usually brilliant.
    I'll look him up, thanks!
  15. 05 Jul '10 00:31
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    sure i did. i guess it went right by your head.
    I got his point, lets all go to cuba