Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member mchill
    Green Lantern
    07 Dec '17 06:05 / 5 edits
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    "Come on folks, you are all better than this. Stop attacking the poster [Duchess64]; respond to the content of the post."
    --Shavixmir

On the contrary, many abusive trolls have long proven that they are NOT 'better than this'.
    Evidently, there are many abusive trolls here who obsessively hate me so much that they
    would refuse to agree with me if I w ...[text shortened]... tempt to
    obtain skin care products (at greater expense) that were made in East Asian countries.
    On the contrary, many abusive trolls have long proven that they are NOT 'better than this'.
    Evidently, there are many abusive trolls here who obsessively hate me so much that they
    would refuse to agree with me if I were to write '1 + 1 = 2'. And some of them would
    attempt to claim (putting words into my mouth) that '1 + 1 = 3' in order to attack me.

Yes, we know Duchess. Everyone here is a lying, ignorant, racist troll (except you) Everyone here is incorrect (except you) Everyone here has "abysmal reading comprehension" (except you) Everyone here says horrible things to attack Duchess (except you) It must be extraordinary to be super intelligent, exceedingly modest, and the innocent victim, all in one package. Please tell us what it's like to be crucified daily for the sins of the whole wide world!

Sincerely -

The ignorant, lying, racist troll (plagued with abysmal reading comprehension) - mchill

P.S. Are you sure 1 + 1 = 2 ?
  2. 07 Dec '17 09:32
    another promising thread on an interesting subject turned to mush.
  3. 07 Dec '17 16:32
    I can recall a case in which an Asian American man was convicted of a major crime upon
    the testimony of only one witness (a white person), who picked him out of a line-up.
    His lawyer successfully appealed the conviction on the grounds that the line-up was racially biased.
    The accused was the only Asian in the line-up; everyone else was black or Latino. ...[text shortened]... te people are better at identifying white people; black people at identifying black people, etc.
    Wait. I thought the notion of there being different "races" was purely a social construct invented by racists.

Isn't this "Asian American" actually just an "American" just like any other American. And likely, the others in the line up were "American" also. Too see any distinction or any other meaning is racist.

I just can't keep up with what views on race are correct these days. Is there a website I can go to to learn what the "correct" views are this week?
  4. 07 Dec '17 17:14
    Originally posted by @techsouth
    Wait. I thought the notion of there being different "races" was purely a social construct invented by racists.

Isn't this "Asian American" actually just an "American" just like any other American. And likely, the others in the line up were "American" also. Too see any distinction or any other meaning is racist.

I just can't keep up with what view ...[text shortened]... ect these days. Is there a website I can go to to learn what the "correct" views are this week?
    I'm sure the SJW's have a PC d jour website somewhere
  5. 07 Dec '17 17:17
    Originally posted by @mchill
    would refuse to agree with me if I were to write '1 + 1 = 2'. And some of them would
    attempt to claim (putting words into my mouth) that '1 + 1 = 3' in order to attack me.
    ...[text shortened]... ll (plagued with abysmal reading comprehension) - mchill

1+1=3 says common core. The new edumcational standard in the US.
  6. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    07 Dec '17 18:26
    Originally posted by @mchill
    ...[text shortened]... ll (plagued with abysmal reading comprehension) - mchill

Of course there is the possibility you are wrong and she is right.
  7. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    They have no friends
    07 Dec '17 22:51

I just can't keep up with what view ...[text shortened]... ect these days. Is there a website I can go to to learn what the "correct" views are this week?
    Here’s a good place to start:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1196372/
  8. 07 Dec '17 22:56
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi
    another promising thread on an interesting subject turned to mush.
    "Come on folks, you are all better than this. Stop attacking the poster [Duchess64]; respond to the content of the post."
    --Shavixmir

Who's willing to listen to Shavixmir?

"For, I bet none of you ever thought about facial recognition software as being accidentally
    racist (or potentially so). I bet the people making it didn’t even think about it.
    Obviously I hadn’t anyway. So it was an interesting read."
    --Shavixmir

Obviously, many obsessive trolls hate me so much that they prefer to focus on attacking
    me personally (usual insults and lies) rather than respond to any of the facts that I post.
  9. 07 Dec '17 23:03 / 1 edit

Again (we already have explained this to racists many times before), 'race' may be a
    'social construct', but racism is REAL. And in the USA, racism tends to disadvantage
    non-white people while giving advantages to white people.

"Isn't this "Asian American" actually just an "American" just like any other American."
    --TechSouth

Historically FALSE. In fact, Asian Americans encountered many racist laws (federal, state, local)
    that white Americans did not. For many years, racist US laws barred almost all East
    Asian immigration in addition to East Asian immigrants becoming naturalized US citizens.

(Diverse) Asian Americans and white Americans have very different experiences of racism.
    To this day, Asian Americans tend to be treated fundamentally differently (adversely)
    in non-legal ways on account of common American perceptions of their 'race'.
  10. 08 Dec '17 18:02
    Again (we already have explained this to racists many times before), 'race' may be a
    'social construct', but racism is REAL. And in the USA, racism tends to disadvantage
    non-white people while giving advantages to white people.

"Isn't this "Asian American" actually just an "American" just like any other American."
    --TechSouth

Historically FALSE ...[text shortened]... ently (adversely)
    in non-legal ways on account of common American perceptions of their 'race'.
    With such high reading comprehension, I'd have thought you'd have detected a sarcastic tone and responded to the actual intent of my post rather than the literal words.
  11. Standard member vivify
    rain
    08 Dec '17 19:16 / 1 edit
    With such high reading comprehension, I'd have thought you'd have detected a sarcastic tone and responded to the actual intent of my post rather than the literal words.
    Duchess doesn't understand sarcasm or human interaction.

I'm fairly sure the female robot Saudis granted citizenship to was Duchess. Her humor algorithm hasn't been programmed yet
  12. 08 Dec '17 23:03 / 2 edits
    With such high reading comprehension, I'd have thought you'd have detected a
    sarcastic tone and responded to the actual intent of my post rather than the literal words.
    I kept in the mind the deeper context of TechSouth being a right-wing white American who
    has apparently attempted to downplay or deny the (diverse) realities of racism in the USA.

I also had no reason to believe that TechSouth was any less ignorant than most Americans
    about Asian Americans' experiences of racism. I often have heard other Americans claim
    that Asian Americans--unlike African Americans-- never have experienced any racism.

To this day, US citizens of East Asian heritage are often perceived and treated by
    other Americans as though they are not and cannot become 'real Americans'.
    In the field of Asian American studies, this is known as the 'perpetual foreigner' stereotype.
  13. 08 Dec '17 23:04
    Originally posted by @vivify
    Duchess doesn't understand sarcasm or human interaction.

I'm fairly sure the female robot Saudis granted citizenship to was Duchess. Her humor algorithm hasn't been programmed yet
    No matter how often the troll Vivify repeats his cherished lies about me, they will not become true.

The nearly illiterate troll Vivify loves to keep distorting the meaning of words.
    So let Vivify consider this: "Vivify LOSES EVERY chess game."

Why should Vivify question or challenge this statement?
    Now if Vivify points out that he has completed 363 games and lost only 218 games at RHP,
    why should he complain?

Would not Vivify agree that
    "Vivify LOSES EVERY chess game" has the same meaning as
    "Vivify LOSES MOST chess games" ?
    So why should any writer take care to write 'MOST' rather than 'EVERY' to Vivify?

Vivify is WRONG EVERY TIME (hyperbole or not--who can tell?).
  14. 08 Dec '17 23:24 / 1 edit
    No matter how often the troll Vivify repeats his cherished lies about me, they will not become true.

The nearly illiterate troll Vivify loves to keep distorting the meaning of words.
    So let Vivify consider this: "Vivify LOSES EVERY chess game."

Why should Vivify question or challenge this statement?
    Now if Vivify points out that he has complete ...[text shortened]... rather than 'EVERY' to Vivify?

Vivify is WRONG EVERY TIME (hyperbole or not--who can tell?).
    "Stereotyped and repetitive use of language. People with autism often repeat over and over a phrase they have heard previously (echolalia)."

"Difficulty understanding their listener's perspective. For example, a person with autism may not understand that someone is using humor. They may interpret the communication word for word and fail to catch the implied meaning."

- https://www.webmd.com/brain/autism/autism-symptoms#1
  15. 08 Dec '17 23:30 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    "Stereotyped and repetitive use of language. People with autism often repeat over and over a phrase they have heard previously (echolalia)."

"Difficulty understanding their listener's perspective. For example, a person with autism may not understand that someone is using humor. They may interpret the communication word for word and fail to catch the implied meaning."

- https://www.webmd.com/brain/autism/autism-symptoms#1
    "I for one would LOVE a black slave to wash my feet."
    --Great KIng Rat

Wouldn't Vivify like to tell his new friend (troll ally) Great King Rat how much he enjoys his 'joke'?
    Wouldn't Vivify like to bring Great King Rat's 'joke' to a convention of African American comedians?

There's a new alliance between the trolls Great King Rat and Vivify, united in their obsessive hatred of me.
    I expect that Vivify will do his utmost to turn his blind eye toward Great King Rat's racism
    in order to encourage him to keep attacking me.