Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 19:551 edit
    Mr. Taylor's last words at the end of the video are devastatingly true and on point:

YouTube
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 19:56
    Is that what they are calling the rampant gang violence now?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 19:575 edits
    Mr. Taylor's last words at the end of the video are devastatingly true and on point:

YouTube

Still can't get this youtube thingie to post so you just click on it.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 20:21
    Originally posted by whodey
    Is that what they are calling the rampant gang violence now?
    May as well be that's what they are doing to keep the rioting mobs happy.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 21:02
    Ya gotta admit Mr. Taylor is spelling out what is wrong in America:
    YouTube
  6. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 21:53
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    Ya gotta admit Mr. Taylor is spelling out what is wrong in America:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t8KNRjO5Vg
    Everything about this was totally mishandled. I disagree with Talylor about the cops. I think someone will need to answer up for the man getting killed in their custody and not getting medical attention. That should have been happening anyway without the mobs. Now that they have given into mob rule, it it could start happening across the nation. I don't see it as human sacrifice though because the cops should have been answering up for it anyway. Real poor judgement there.
  7. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 22:08
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Everything about this was totally mishandled. I disagree with Talylor about the cops. I think someone will need to answer up for the man getting killed in their custody and not getting medical attention. That should have been happening anyway without the mobs. Now that they have given into mob rule, it it could start happening across the nation. I don't s ...[text shortened]... though because the cops should have been answering up for it anyway. Real poor judgement there.
    The whole premise of BLM is false. Lives matter, but the first person to defend and protect life is self.

It is a simple fact that the largest number of black live taken, are by other blacks. Oh, black criminals will gladly kill silly white folks who wander into their turf. But their regular victims are the good black folks who happen to live in their neighborhoods. These decent black folks generally support the cops of any color who struggle to keep them safe.
  8. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 23:10
    Originally posted by normbenign
    The whole premise of BLM is false. Lives matter, but the first person to defend and protect life is self.

It is a simple fact that the largest number of black live taken, are by other blacks. Oh, black criminals will gladly kill silly white folks who wander into their turf. But their regular victims are the good black folks who happen to live in t ...[text shortened]... These decent black folks generally support the cops of any color who struggle to keep them safe.
    I wasn't thinking about race so much as law enforcement in general. Way too much brutality all over America. As far as the race thing goes, look at the Rodney King riot. If they are going to give the rioters what they want after destroying their own neighborhood or the city itself then we can expect much more of the same. The rioters should end up being prosecuted too. That way the mobsters and, friends and family can ponder if they should have handled things differently and discourage that kind of thing in the future.I still disagree that it is human sacrifice, but lean more toward it being terrorism.
  9. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 02:19
    I wasn't thinking about race so much as law enforcement in general. Way too much brutality all over America. As far as the race thing goes, look at the Rodney King riot. If they are going to give the rioters what they want after destroying their own neighborhood or the city itself then we can expect much more of the same. The rioters should end up being p ...[text shortened]... the future.I still disagree that it is human sacrifice, but lean more toward it being terrorism.
    Part of the problem with regard to law enforcement is the sheer volume of laws they are charged with enforcing. There is a bewildering spectrum of legal entities making law, cities, villages, counties, States and nations. Then there is international law. Is there any real order of responsibility? When laws are in conflict, which takes precedence?
  10. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 02:41
    Part of the problem with regard to law enforcement is the sheer volume of laws they are charged with enforcing. There is a bewildering spectrum of legal entities making law, cities, villages, counties, States and nations. Then there is international law. Is there any real order of responsibility? When laws are in conflict, which takes precedence?
    I am not sure what you mean but I believe the sherifs department has first jurisdiction. With all the new anti terror laws now who knows. My guess is the Feds would take control if they felt it was their jurisdiction and run rough shod over the local yocals.
  11. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 07:29
    I am not sure what you mean but I believe the sherifs department has first jurisdiction. With all the new anti terror laws now who knows. My guess is the Feds would take control if they felt it was their jurisdiction and run rough shod over the local yocals.
    I am not sure what you mean but I believe the sherifs department has first jurisdiction.

Even that seems questionable. In a large metropolitan area, several counties my be included. And visa versa, some large counties may include quite a few cities and towns, each with their own local variations of law. Wet, dry! Open carry, guns prohibited! Legal drivers age, 16, 18 or 21. Legal age to marry! Sometimes city attorneys will defer to the county prosecutor to get longer sentences for certain crimes, opening up charges of discrimination.

Your suspicion is correct, especially when the Federal law is more prohibitive, or proscribes longer sentences than the lower jurisdiction. This brings up questions of equal justice, and prosecutor misconduct.
  12. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 07:511 edit
    Originally posted by FishHead111

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrcr8IPtJXo
    I LOVE WHITE PEOPLE, THEY SMELL LIKE LEMON PLEDGE AND PINEAPPLE.

THUMBS DOWN THIS POST RIGHT NOW.
  13. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 14:57
    [b]I am not sure what you mean but I believe the sherifs department has first jurisdiction.

Even that seems questionable. In a large metropolitan area, several counties my be included. And visa versa, some large counties may include quite a few cities and towns, each with their own local variations of law. Wet, dry! Open carry, guns prohibited ...[text shortened]... the lower jurisdiction. This brings up questions of equal justice, and prosecutor misconduct.[/b]
    We have recently had a case here where a man was convicted of statutory rape and convicted in Federal court because he transported a minor over state lines. The judge gave him his sentence and said the sentence would begin after his sentence from the county district court has been served. They tried to go back to the District court to have the sentence changed, because he made a plea bargain with the county attorney and the Feds not giving a concurrent sentence will have him behind bars a lot longer than he and his attorney thought. I am glad he got more time as I know him and he is satan in the flesh, but it does seem odd that he would have a double jeopardy like that. A decision of jurisdiction should be made on all cases.