Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 29 Jul '16 10:58 / 2 edits
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/26/hungarian-prime-minister-viktor-orban-praises-donald-trump

So while Europe sits around scratching its head on what to do with continuing terrorist activity by immigrants, and then sweeping them under the rug as inconsequential, Hungry will instead be focusing on their own problems and focus on representing those who elected them.
  2. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    29 Jul '16 11:04
    Originally posted by whodey
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/26/hungarian-prime-minister-viktor-orban-praises-donald-trump

So while Europe sits around scratching its head on what to do with continuing terrorist activity by immigrants, and then sweeping them under the rug as inconsequential, Hungry will instead be focusing on their own problems and focus on representing those who elected them.
    Do you possibly mean 'Hungary'?
  3. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    29 Jul '16 11:10
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Do you possibly mean 'Hungary'?
    No, he meant 'the hungry'
  4. Standard member vivify
    rain
    29 Jul '16 12:21
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    No, he meant 'the hungry'
    Since when are conservatives concerned about 'the hungry'?
  5. 29 Jul '16 13:15

do you have any idea how far to the right that ashole orban is?
  6. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    29 Jul '16 13:21
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    do you have any idea how far to the right that ashole orban is?
    do you have any idea cracked is a humor site?
  7. 29 Jul '16 18:18
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    do you have any idea cracked is a humor site?
    do you have any idea what satire is? that many satire shows/newspapers are more reliable to get information from? that jon stewart for example has been considered many times more reliable than fox or cnn?

do you know that to question the source of the information rather than the information is a logical fallacy and betrays what a weak debater one is? here is a nice little homework for you: look it up on wikipedia and tell the class exactly that fallacy is called.
  8. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    29 Jul '16 18:50 / 1 edit
    do you have any idea what satire is? that many satire shows/newspapers are more reliable to get information from? that jon stewart for example has been considered many times more reliable than fox or cnn?

do you know that to question the source of the information rather than the information is a logical fallacy and betrays what a weak debater one is? he ...[text shortened]... tle homework for you: look it up on wikipedia and tell the class exactly that fallacy is called.
    whoosh over your head again.

There was a point z, and you played perfectly into my little trap by repeating almost exactly what you've said before to myself and others. Please reread your response it's not about the cracked site..

By your own words; you trip over your own shoe laces; what a sap you are. This really is toooooooo easy.
  9. 29 Jul '16 19:30
    Filthy racist praises filthy racist and is unquestioningly supported by whodey. Another day as usual on RHP.
  10. 30 Jul '16 00:03
    whoosh over your head again.

There was a point z, and you played perfectly into my little trap by repeating almost exactly what you've said before to myself and others. Please reread your response it's not about the cracked site..

By your own words; you trip over your own shoe laces; what a sap you are. This really is toooooooo easy.
    oh, we're doing the game where you say some nonsense then mock me for not getting your nonsense. i am supposed to engage you now, right?
  11. 30 Jul '16 05:41

To Hell with all illegal immigrants, and Muslim immigrants, as Europe and The U.S.A. doesn't want You, and If You enter, Enter at Your own risk.
  12. Standard member DeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    30 Jul '16 19:59

do you know that to question the source of the information rather than the information is a logical fallacy and betrays what a weak debater one is? he ...[text shortened]... tle homework for you: look it up on wikipedia and tell the class exactly that fallacy is called.
    Well yes, but the cat I'm currently looking after is a more reliable source than Fox news.
  13. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    01 Aug '16 11:46
    oh, we're doing the game where you say some nonsense then mock me for not getting your nonsense. i am supposed to engage you now, right?
    I have no great desire to engage you z, I regard is as snot, but at times quite funny snot. When I read your comment on what does and doesn't make a master debater I nearly choked on my coffee, in fact some coffee came out of my nose instead of zahlanzi.

Here's the quote:

"...do you know that to question the source of the information rather than the information is a logical fallacy and betrays what a weak debater one is?..."

Why the question mark? Is it your doubt, surely it's easier to leave out all punctuation, or you could have used the '/' instead, and saved having to activate the shift key.

Here's what does make a weak debater, doubt covered with insult.

But there's something much worse, hypocrisy, inconsistency, contradiction.
  14. Standard member DeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    01 Aug '16 12:04
    I have no great desire to engage you z, I regard is as snot, but at times quite funny snot. When I read your comment on what does and doesn't make a master debater I nearly choked on my coffee, in fact some coffee came out of my nose instead of zahlanzi.

Here's the quote:

"...do you know that to question the source of the information rather than the in ...[text shortened]... vered with insult.

But there's something much worse, hypocrisy, inconsistency, contradiction.
    I think the reason for the question mark is that the sentence you quoted is a question. "Do you know that [statement]?" is a question and therefore gets a question mark. Although I disagree with Zahlanzi, a debater who relies on weak sources of information risks their information being unreliable and provided that their source is being criticized on reliability, rather than just because it is left wing (or right wing depending on the bias of the critic), I think it is a valid tactic in a debate. The logical fallacy is to go on from that and attempt to claim that the conclusion is incorrect because it is based on information from a weak source - unsound is not the same as wrong.
  15. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    02 Aug '16 09:33 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    I think the reason for the question mark is that the sentence you quoted is a question. "Do you know that [statement]?" is a question and therefore gets a question mark. Although I disagree with Zahlanzi, a debater who relies on weak sources of information risks their information being unreliable and provided that their source is being criticized on re ...[text shortened]... orrect because it is based on information from a weak source - unsound is not the same as wrong.
    I don't have a problem with questioning the credentials of a source, have done so before and will do so again, there's no hypocrisy there. I'm familiar with cracked magazine,I used to read it at around 12 years of age when it was the poor retarded cousin of "Mad Magazine."

The point has been, as it often is with zahalanzi,, is his hypocrisy, inconsistency and contradiction, which are the true signs of a weak debater.

You see we often hear this from z:

"...do you know that to question the source of the information rather than the information is a logical fallacy and betrays what a weak debater one is?"

But in only the post just before the one quoted here he dismissed the source of the original post as an 'ashole' without making any attempt at the content.

Hypocrisy so glaring it burns your eyes.