Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 17 Nov '13 05:27
    I saw this in an e-mail

Have you ever read in the newspaper that a political leader or a prime minister from an Islamic nation has visited Japan?

Have you ever come across news that the Ayatollah of Iran or the King of Saudi Arabia or even a Saudi Prince has visited Japan?

Japan is a country that is keeping Islam at bay. Japan has strict restrictions on Islam and all Muslims.

The reasons are:

1. Japan is the only nation that does not give citizenship to Muslims.
    2. In Japan permanent residency is not given to Muslims.
    3. There is a strong ban on the propagation of Islam in Japan.
    4. In the University of Japan, no Arabic or any Islamic languages is taught.
    5. One cannot import a Koran published in the Arabic language.
    6. According to data published by the Japanese government, it has given temporary residency to only 2 lakhs, Muslims, who must follow the Japanese law of the land. These Muslims should speak Japanese and carry their religious rituals in their homes.
    7. Japan in the only country in the world that has a negligible number of embassies in Islamic countries.
    8. Japanese people are not attracted to Islam at all.
    9. Muslims residing in Japan are the employees of foreign companies.
    10. Even today, visas are not granted to Muslim doctors, engineers or managers sent by foreign companies.
    11. In the majority of companies it is stated in their regulations that no Muslims should apply for a job.
    12. The Japanese government is of the opinion that Muslims are fundamentalists and even in the era of globalization they are not willing to change their Muslim laws.
    13. Muslims cannot even think about renting a house in Japan.
    14. If anyone comes to know that his neighbor is a Muslim then the whole neighborhood stays alert.
    15. No one can start an Islamic cell or Arabic "Madrasa" in Japan.
    16. There is no Sharia law in Japan.
    17. If a Japanese woman marries a Muslim then she is considered an outcast forever.

Is this all true?
  2. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    17 Nov '13 06:04
    I got an email saying I could earn $850 a day.
  3. 17 Nov '13 07:07
    Originally posted by whodey
    I saw this in an e-mail

Have you ever read in the newspaper that a political leader or a prime minister from an Islamic nation has visited Japan?

Have you ever come across news that the Ayatollah of Iran or the King of Saudi Arabia or even a Saudi Prince has visited Japan?

Japan is a country that is keeping Islam at bay. Japan has strict restriction ...[text shortened]... Japanese woman marries a Muslim then she is considered an outcast forever.

Is this all true?
    I saw this in a whodey post and it made me tell everyone in the debates forum.
  4. 17 Nov '13 08:51
    I saw this in an e-mail

Japan is a country that is keeping Islam at bay. Japan has strict restriction ...[text shortened]... Japanese woman marries a Muslim then she is considered an outcast forever.

Is this all true?
    Hmm, well this at least is all true:

1. Whodey does not know of the existence of Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Japan
  5. Standard member Soothfast
    17 Nov '13 10:00
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Hmm, well this at least is all true:

1. Whodey does not know of the existence of Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Japan
    The things whodey doesn't know could never be listed in book form because there aren't enough atoms in the universe to make such a book.
  6. 17 Nov '13 11:02
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    The things whodey doesn't know could never be listed in book form because there aren't enough atoms in the universe to make such a book.
    Laugh out loud funny
  7. 17 Nov '13 12:43
    http://www.barenakedislam.com/2012/09/21/bni-response-to-the-viral-email-re-islam-and-japan/
  8. 17 Nov '13 16:04
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    Why do you think that I post here. I learn everything there is to know from people like you. It's the next best thing to having a direct link to our all knowing lord and savior in the White House whom you all worship.

Now go buy some insanely over priced health insurance or incur his wrath!!!
  9. 17 Nov '13 16:06
    Why do you think that I post here. I learn everything there is to know from people like you. It's the next best thing to having a direct link to our all knowing lord and savior in the White House whom you all worship.

Didn't you want this thread to be about Islam in Japan?

The facts that you apparently do not recognize immediately that many points on the list are blatantly false and that you apparently have non-hostile contact with anyone who would voluntarily forward such an ejaculation of ignorance are very telling.
  10. Subscriber Proper Knob
    Cornovii
    17 Nov '13 16:28

I don't see what your inability to do even the tiniest bit of research with regard to Islam in Japan has to do with Barack Obama and US healthcare?
  11. 18 Nov '13 02:32 / 1 edit
    I saw this in an e-mail

Is this all true?
    This is all nonsense. Just to answer your first question, President Khatami of Iran visited Japan in 2000. Japan is dependent on Middle Eastern oil and thus cultivates good relations with various Muslim countries, including, of course, establishing embassies in the Middle East.

To take up a couple of other points, it's rather hard for foreigners of any kind to get citizenship in Japan, but there's no particular ban on Muslims doing so. Courses in Arabic are taught at the University of Tokyo.

In other words, this Email is utterly ridiculous.
  12. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    18 Nov '13 03:40 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I got an email saying I could earn $850 a day.
    Is this false too?
    :'(
    :'(
  13. 18 Nov '13 04:11
    Originally posted by Teinosuke to Whodey
    This is all nonsense. Just to answer your first question, President Khatami of Iran visited Japan in 2000. Japan is dependent on Middle Eastern oil and thus cultivates good relations with various Muslim countries, including, of course, establishing embassies in the Middle East.

To take up a couple of other points, it's rather hard for foreigne ...[text shortened]... abic are taught at the University of Tokyo.

In other words, this Email is utterly ridiculous.
    During the Second World War, Japan attempted to recruit--with some
    success--Indian Muslims as well as Hindus and Sikhs into the Indian
    National Army (INA) to fight for the 'liberation' of India from the British.
    The Japanese emphasized they had nothing against Muslims or Islam.
  14. 18 Nov '13 04:32
    I've read that atheism is high in Japan.

They don't seem to have much use for God in Japan.
  15. 18 Nov '13 09:12
    16. There is no Sharia law in Japan.
    That one is probably correct.
    But much more interesting than the state of Islam in Japan: do you actually read all your junk mail?