1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 04:34
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    "It's still a he-said-she-said."
    --Sh76

Repeating that slogan 'explains' why the supposed witness (and accomplice of Brett Kavanaugh)
    Mark Judge's unwilling to testify and the Republicans refuse to subpoena him.

This forum's full of extremely biased sexist men.
    (Sh76 seems quite biased, though not completely close-minded.)
    He said she said, no more now. Women are coming forward who were room mates with K and one said the bathroom was ALWAYS filled with puke and K himself stumbling drunk half the time so right there, forget the rest of the allegations, he lied UNDER OATH about never being so drunk he could not remember the next day. That alone has killed confirmations before so there is precedence,it has happened before.

Then there is the statement by Mark Judge, he will cooperate and others may testify they were in the room with the other victims, not the same people so there will be a lot of testimony the republicans dared not venture into which is EXACTLY why we had the circus yesterday and it shows there was ONE real person on the republican side of the committee, Senator Flake. It was the Flake and Coons show all day today. They were the hero's that at LEAST got another week for the FBI to do their job that that assswipe senator Crassley, I call him Senator greasy, said they NEVER do. Kept harping on 'they NEVER draw conclusions'. They HAVE to draw conclusions, make assessments of the veracity of witness statements and it is that report that is given to the Senate next week and I just LOVE that it was Rosenstein they had to call because the FBI director was unavailable. ROFLMAO THREE TIMES OVER!!! Oh the irony!
  2. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 04:512 edits
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    He said she said, no more now. Women are coming forward who were room mates with K and one said the bathroom was ALWAYS filled with puke and K himself stumbling drunk half the time so right there, forget the rest of the allegations, he lied UNDER OATH about never being so drunk he could not remember the next day. That alone has killed confirmations before ...[text shortened]... had to call because the FBI director was unavailable. ROFLMAO THREE TIMES OVER!!! Oh the irony!
    You yourself have accused me of being an 'avowed racist' (I can copy/paste your post if you like) yet when challenged you ran away. So you can see that you, commenting here on who accused who, what, when, how that is what defines irony sonhouse. You can see the tenuous grasp you have on what it means to accuse a person.

Leave it to the big kids.

Edit: As a BTW: I'd be opposed to Kavanaugh on positions he has demonstrably, publicly, self-admittedly shown to hold.
  3. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 06:19
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    I watched every minute of the hearing. One thing in common with every dem was their comments ended with an FBI investigation. Not to find any evidence, we have already heard from everyone named. It is nothing but a delay tactic, they think the American people are stupid.
    We know you are stupid.
  4. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 06:21
    Originally posted by @quackquack
    The whole confirmation process has become a sham. If we now allow a confirmation process to be dominated by evidence that is merely he-said-she-said we really have no confirmation process at all. The focus of a confirmation process should be whether Kavanaugh is the person we want on the Supreme Court. We have criminal courts to determine if he com ...[text shortened]... judicial candidates on island and have challenges and tribal counsels to see who is eliminated?
    What’s a sham are life long appointments...

10 years max. End of.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 10:18
    Originally posted by @sh76
    That was some riveting theater yesterday.

The opening statement reminded me of Hillary's "vast right wing conspiracy" gaffe. It really was wild and desperate. I'd be angry if I were falsely accused, sure, but Kavanaugh looked guilty-angry, not innocent-angry.

He should have said to Durbin or Feinstein something like "I'll beg for an FBI investigation if ...[text shortened]... position.

But if you ask me to guess, life in the line, whether he did it... I think he did.
    From the link below:

The fact that nobody said they heard about Blasey’s assault around the time it occurred, Broaddrick said, is why she finds it unbelievable. “You compare that with mine ― data, dates, people I told, injuries,” she said, referring to her claim that Clinton bit her lip.

“I think she’s casting a very dark shadow on real victims,” Broaddrick said.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/juanita-broaddrick-brett-kavanaugh_us_5bad86ffe4b0b4d308d17cd7

Seems to be a double standard. Wouldn't you agree?
  6. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 10:52
    Incredible!

I've actually given Duchess64 a few thumbs up this week.
    But, truth is truth.
    And when it is spoken...I shall always happily acknowledge it.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 11:04
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    Incredible!

I've actually given Duchess64 a few thumbs up this week.
    But, truth is truth.
    And when it is spoken...I shall always happily acknowledge it.
    Duchess has a strong sexism game. As a woman, she knows it when she sees it.

She and I have chased each other around the barn a few times, too, but I've agreed with her almost 100% this week, and I'm not at all afraid to say it.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 11:08
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    From the link below:

The fact that nobody said they heard about Blasey’s assault around the time it occurred, Broaddrick said, is why she finds it unbelievable. “You compare that with mine ― data, dates, people I told, injuries,” she said, referring to her claim that Clinton bit her lip.

“I think she’s casting a very dark shadow on real victims,” ...[text shortened]... rett-kavanaugh_us_5bad86ffe4b0b4d308d17cd7

Seems to be a double standard. Wouldn't you agree?
    The double standard is in Broddrick's corner.

She wants to be believed but she thinks Ford is a liar. How is that NOT a double standard and how is that any good for the cause of women?

Her problem is that she's a Republican. GOP above all else, even country and gender.

Disgusting.
  9. Subscriberbadradger
    Scallywag
    the pie shop
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 11:24
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    I watched every minute of the hearing. One thing in common with every dem was their comments ended with an FBI investigation. Not to find any evidence, we have already heard from everyone named. It is nothing but a delay tactic, they think the American people are stupid.
    yes they do think the American public are stupid.....and well they do have a point there.
  10. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 11:45
    Originally posted by @badradger
    yes they do think the American public are stupid.....and well they do have a point there.
    It sounds as if some presume that "the American public" are one giant homogeneous block of unquestioning followers.

Those that make such assumptions, have been ill-informed.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 13:18
    Originally posted by @suzianne

She wants to be believed but she thinks Ford is a liar. How is that NOT a double standard and how is that any good for the cause of women?

Her problem is that she's a Republican. GOP above all else, even country and gender.

Disgusting.
    You think no matter what anyone can accuse another of a crime and they are therefore
    guilty, or is it only women vs men, or Dem vs Rep? The double standard isn't that she
    Broddrick doesn't believe Ford, it was that she wasn't believed even with people who
    could back up her claims, she did name a time and place where it occurred and that still
    didn't move the needle with Democrats, but because they don't want this guy on the
    court, they are taking very seriously someone who doesn't know where, when, who was
    there, how she got there, or how she got home. For all we know it was pizza that caused
    a bad dream with the abundance of details she provided.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 14:37

Disgusting.
    "Her problem is that she's a Republican. GOP above all else, even country and gender."

People say the same about Ford, only she is a democrat trying to ruin a republican. How is it any different? It is all partisan crap, right?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 14:57
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    "Her problem is that she's a Republican. GOP above all else, even country and gender."

People say the same about Ford, only she is a democrat trying to ruin a republican. How is it any different? It is all partisan crap, right?
    Partisan is when that is all anyone sees, making all things fair game because its all called
    partisan, we win you lose. When you ignore that, it is the corruption of man on full display
    that we would seek personal destruction of individuals, just for partisan reasons, politics
    over law and justice. If we cannot give equal treatment of law to those we disagree with
    there isn't any for anyone, it then becomes connections to the right people at the right
    time! When everyone starts to see the rule of law isn't equally applied, people will start
    taking matters into their own hands, this isn't good on any level.
  14. Germany
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 16:36
    Originally posted by @sh76
    That was some riveting theater yesterday.

The opening statement reminded me of Hillary's "vast right wing conspiracy" gaffe. It really was wild and desperate. I'd be angry if I were falsely accused, sure, but Kavanaugh looked guilty-angry, not innocent-angry.

He should have said to Durbin or Feinstein something like "I'll beg for an FBI investigation if ...[text shortened]... position.

But if you ask me to guess, life in the line, whether he did it... I think he did.
    Watched some bits and it was really embarrassing. A belligerent drunk, looking more guilty than OJ, incoherently rambling about conspiracy theories. Is that really the best candidate the GOP can come up with?
  15. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 16:413 edits

She and I have chased each other around the barn a few times, too, but I've agreed with her almost 100% this week, and I'm not at all afraid to say it.
    Originally posted by @kmax87

Is it the #metoo movement or the fact that people expect Supreme Court Justices to be squeeky clean that the GOP is willing to distance themselves from Kavanaugh. Or is it reverse racism?

Kavanaugh is white and privileged and fits the frat boy stereotype of type A personality male having bragging rights to the number of notches on their belt during their wild college days. It seems that while people were reluctant to throw Cosby under the bus, they are all to happy to throw Kavanaugh under the very same.

Subsequently trolled by @duchess 64

Kmax87 ignores the big difference that Bill Cosby was on trial for a crime, where the required standard of evidence is proof beyond a reasonable doubt, and Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation calls for a much lower standard of evidence (Is at least one accuser credible enough?).

Kmax87 shows his own racism when he complains about white people allegedly being oh-so-oppressed by racism.

Is this little troll la loll at me part of that 100%???