Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y3ngvdp2
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 17:20
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    "Her problem is that she's a Republican. GOP above all else, even country and gender."

People say the same about Ford, only she is a democrat trying to ruin a republican. How is it any different? It is all partisan crap, right?
    Some of his classmates who say he’s a liar are Republicans.
  2. Zugzwang
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 18:571 edit
    Originally posted by @kmax87
    [b]Originally posted by @kmax87

Is it the #metoo movement or the fact that people expect Supreme Court Justices to be squeeky clean that the GOP is willing to distance themselves from Kavanaugh. Or is it reverse racism?

Kavanaugh is white and privileged and fits the frat boy stereotype of type A personality male having bragging rights to the ...[text shortened]... edly being oh-so-oppressed by racism.

Is this little troll la loll at me part of that 100%???[/b]
    I object to the troll Kmax87 making obvious factually wrong claims.

"...they are all to [sic] happy to throw Kavanaugh under the very same."
    --Kmax87

FALSE. It's absurd for Kmax87 to claim that Brett Kavanaugh's SUPPORTERS are 'HAPPY' to condemn him.
    In fact, as far as I know, few of Brett Kavanaugh's SUPPORTERS HAVE CHANGED THEIR
    MINDS ABOUT CONFIRMING HIM SINCE CHRISTINE BLASEY FORD'S ACCUSATION CAME OUT.
    The overwhelming majority of his supporters are still standing by Brett Kavanaugh.

I also object to the troll Kmax87's absurd comments about 'reverse racism' (white man
    playing the 'race card' ) as though right-wing white American politicians were biased or
    unfairly discriminating against a right-wing white American judge.
  3. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 20:372 edits
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    You yourself have accused me of being an 'avowed racist' (I can copy/paste your post if you like) yet when challenged you ran away. So you can see that you, commenting here on who accused who, what, when, how that is what defines irony sonhouse. You can see the tenuous grasp you have on what it means to accuse a person.

Leave it to the big kids.

Edit ...[text shortened]... opposed to Kavanaugh on positions he has demonstrably, publicly, self-admittedly shown to hold.
    You see sonhouse, by your own words, by your own actions (which I can cut/paste here verbatim) you are only interested in the act of accusing not in the provision of proof. That's all that count; accuse, accuse, accuse.
  4. Zugzwang
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 21:051 edit
    Originally posted by @suzianne To Wolfe63
    Duchess has a strong sexism game. As a woman, she knows it when she sees it.

She and I have chased each other around the barn a few times, too, but I've agreed with her almost 100% this week, and I'm not at all afraid to say it.
    "As a woman, she knows it [sexism] when she sees it."
    --Suzianne

I believed Christine Blasey Ford from the beginning (though I reserved my right to change my mind)
    because I have enough experience to know that her described experience's believable.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/sep/29/sexual-assault-survivors-what-to-say

"Chances are you know a sexual assault survivor. Do you know what to say?"

"I’m lucky to be able to say I’ve never been sexually assaulted. Or, to be more precise,
    I’ve never been sexually assaulted if you don’t count the time a friend ignored my first
    three noes and finally relented at the fourth, the one that was angry and loud.
    And if you ignore all the times I was groped on dance floors, and the times I laughed off
    uncomfortable advances from male friends because I was the kind of girl who “could
    take a joke”. I’ve never been sexually assaulted as long as you don’t count the times I
    said no later than I wanted to but before things got really bad. Still, I count myself lucky.
    In rape culture, the bar for luck is low."
    --Mandy Len Catron

"Believe the story – every single part of it. Don’t judge their feelings or mention how you
    think you might feel in their situation. Don’t ask why they didn’t tell you sooner.
    Listen without judgment. It’s a big deal for someone to trust you enough to share their
    story – it costs them something. Acknowledge that.

Don’t minimize their experience. ... Trauma doesn’t just get up and walk out of a person’s life
    one day; it only gets further incorporated. As Jessica puts it: “If you know a survivor and
    they don’t seem that broken up about it, don’t assume they aren’t struggling and don’t
    imply that someone else shouldn’t be.”

"In short, your job is to love. Love in ways that are generous and explicit, and put everything
    else – politics, judgment, fear – aside. If this – putting someone else’s feelings before
    your own experience – feels hard or uncomfortable, remember that it’s the least you can
    do: survivors do it every day."
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 06:10
    Originally posted by @athousandyoung
    What is your source of information?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 08:07
    Originally posted by @athousandyoung
    Why is that important, you think because someone claims to be a Republican that makes
    them honest?
  7. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 11:23
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    I object to the troll Kmax87 making obvious factually wrong claims.
    "...they are all to [sic] happy to throw Kavanaugh under the very same."
    --Kmax87.
    The knee jerk Americanophobe, duchess64, who nevertheless loves to slum it among her inferiors, no doubt because the strictures of academia provide little opportunity for her to enjoy the visceral thrill of being a bully, needs a comprehension lesson in the grouping word "they".

"They" tends to be all inclusive and rather than go the gotcha, which was a puerile attempt to avoid nuance and react to keywords like a goose!, you could have thought to yourself, I'm not exactly sure where he's going with this, why not make a clarifying gambit and ask? But that would require of modicum of respect for your fellow traveling human being, wouldn't it? The reason you attack your opponents with adhominem assault, is that you yourself are biased, racist and sexist.

And you are a sycophant to the British educated and upper classes. Dig up the mollifying words you spoke in deference and defence of Alexander Carter-Silk when human rights lawyer Charlotte Proudman made public a private message she deemed sexist. That was an interesting side-step if ever there was one.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 16:32
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    "As a woman, she knows it [sexism] when she sees it."
    --Suzianne

I believed Christine Blasey Ford from the beginning (though I reserved my right to change my mind)
    because I have enough experience to know that her described experience's believable.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/sep/29/sexual-assault-survivors-what-to-say

"Chan ...[text shortened]... ls hard or uncomfortable, remember that it’s the least you can
    do: survivors do it every day."
    And I totally agree.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 16:38
    The knee jerk Americanophobe, duchess64, who nevertheless loves to slum it among her inferiors, no doubt because the strictures of academia provide little opportunity for her to enjoy the visceral thrill of being a bully, needs a comprehension lesson in the grouping word "they".

"They" tends to be all inclusive and rather than go the gotcha, which was a p ...[text shortened]... ic a private message she deemed sexist. That was an interesting side-step if ever there was one.
    So, where were you going with your comment that we who disagreed with Kavanaugh were "throwing him under the bus"?
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 16:41
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Why is that important, you think because someone claims to be a Republican that makes
    them honest?
    No, he was saying that even some people YOU think are honest because they are Republican say that he is a liar.
  11. Zugzwang
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 18:261 edit

"They" tends to be all inclusive and rather than go the gotcha, which was a p ...[text shortened]... ic a private message she deemed sexist. That was an interesting side-step if ever there was one.
    The racist troll Kmax87 spews more insults and lies, desperately appealing to jingoistic Americans.

"And you are a sycophant to the British educated and upper classes..."
    --Kmax87

I expect that my family and I have done much more fighting than Kmax87 against British imperialism and racism.
  12. Zugzwang
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 18:311 edit
    Originally posted by @suzianne to Kmax87
    So, where were you going with your comment that we who disagreed with Kavanaugh were "throwing him under the bus"?
    It's worse than that. Kmax87 implied that he believes that Brett Kavanaugh's initial
    SUPPORTERS have been quick 'to throw him under the bus' just because he's white.

That's FALSE and shows Kmax87's racism as well as his stupidity.
    So far, the overwhelming majority of Brett Kavanaugh's initial supporters are still supporting him.
    It's absurd to claim that Brett Kavanaugh's being discriminated against just because he's white.
  13. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 18:36
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    ... they think the American people are stupid.
    They know their constituents are uninformed and stupid.
  14. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 18:461 edit
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    They know their constituents are uninformed and stupid.
    or completely without moral character. As shown on these boards by one poster ..." I don't care how they do it" sonhouse
  15. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y3ngvdp2
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 19:18
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    them honest?
    I was responding to a post that said this was only a Democrat partisan plot