Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 18 Aug '17 03:25 / 1 edit
    http://www.lifenews.com/2017/03/03/nation-brags-how-it-has-aborted-100-of-the-babies-with-down-syndrome/

The government of Iceland is praising it's genocide against those with Down Syndrome. It boasts that all unborn children that have been or are diagnosed with Downs are aborted.

Yay!

Think how they could also irradiate things like poverty and racism. The sky is the limit it seems.
  2. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    18 Aug '17 03:47
    Originally posted by @whodey
    http://www.lifenews.com/2017/03/03/nation-brags-how-it-has-aborted-100-of-the-babies-with-down-syndrome/

The government of Iceland is praising it's genocide against those with Down Syndrome. It boasts that all unborn children that have been or are diagnosed with Downs are aborted.

Yay!

Think how they could also irradiate things like poverty and racism. The sky is the limit it seems.
    Eradication means complete removal.
    Irradiation means applying radiation in some form, and could potentially lead to eradication.
    Suggest you consult a dictionary. Oh, and while you're at it, study the correct use of apostrophes. That's if you actually want to sound as if you know what you're talking about.
  3. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    18 Aug '17 13:50
    Originally posted by @kewpie
    Irradiation means applying radiation in some form, and could potentially lead to eradication.
    Suggest you consult a dictionary. Oh, and while you're at it, study the correct use of apostrophes. That's if you actually want to sound as if you know what you're talking about.
    Yeah, it's times like this that I really miss Nordlys.
  4. 18 Aug '17 13:52 / 3 edits
    Other then a gramer chek do u have anything to ad?

Edit: You failed to call me a liar in your post. Obviously you are not following proper leftist technique on these forums.

With practice, you could make a good troll.
  5. 18 Aug '17 14:45
    What do you want to discuss? If abortion is legal, then obviously people can choose to abort foetuses with and without Down's Syndrome. If it's illegal, then they can't abort foetuses with or without Down's Syndrome. What is the relevance of Down's Syndrome in this discussion?
  6. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    18 Aug '17 15:15
    What a nice message Iceland is sending to citizens with DS that managed to survive the purge. What other undesirables could be culled in this way? People with Autism perhaps?
  7. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    18 Aug '17 15:59 / 2 edits
    Pick on his grammar if you like, but if the quote is reliable and Icelandic doctor are bragging about aborting DS babies, that is morally reprehensible a couple of steps short of euthanasia for the mentally ill.

DS people can lead full and happy lives. It's not like they're a bunch of Charlie Gards (who obviously deserve the death penalty).
  8. 18 Aug '17 16:00
    Originally posted by @sleepyguy
    What a nice message Iceland is sending to citizens with DS that managed to survive the purge. What other undesirables could be culled in this way? People with Autism perhaps?
    Now your talk'in!

Any undesirable trait can be snuffed out through the eugenic practice of abortion.

Soon, we will have a master race.

Perhaps they should target conservatives next
  9. 18 Aug '17 16:02
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    What do you want to discuss? If abortion is legal, then obviously people can choose to abort foetuses with and without Down's Syndrome. If it's illegal, then they can't abort foetuses with or without Down's Syndrome. What is the relevance of Down's Syndrome in this discussion?
    What do you think about this?

NBC News points to studies showing the following:
    •99% of people with Down syndrome are happy with their lives.
    •97% of people with Down syndrome like who they are.
    •96% of people with Down syndrome like how they look.
  10. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    18 Aug '17 16:03
    What do you think about this?

NBC News points to studies showing the following:
    •99% of people with Down syndrome are happy with their lives.
    •97% of people with Down syndrome like who they are.
    •96% of people with Down syndrome like how they look.
    You're not happy unless the government says you are.

Duh.
  11. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    18 Aug '17 16:03
    Originally posted by @sh76
    Pick on his grammar if you like, but if the quote is reliable and Icelandic doctor are bragging about aborting DS babies, that is morally reprehensible a couple of steps short of euthanasia for the mentally ill.

DS people can lead full and happy lives. It's not like they're a bunch of Charlie Gards (who obviously deserve the death penalty).
    I don't see anything "morally reprehensible" about a pregnant woman deciding to abort any ZEF. It's not like Iceland is making abortion of ZEFs diagnosed with Down's Syndrome mandatory, so I don't see what the fuss is about.
  12. 18 Aug '17 16:09
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    I don't see anything "morally reprehensible" about a pregnant woman deciding to abort any ZEF. It's not like Iceland is making abortion of ZEFs diagnosed with Down's Syndrome mandatory, so I don't see what the fuss is about.
    What if there was a way to find out if the unborn child will be gay and decides to abort based on that?
  13. 18 Aug '17 16:11
    Originally posted by @sh76
    You're not happy unless the government says you are.

Duh.
    If you're happy and you know it shake your fists at Trump

(shake, shake)

If you're happy and you know it shake your fists at Trump

(shake, shake)

If you're happy and you know it then your face will surely show it, if you're happy and you know it shake your fists

(shake, shake)

RESIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other than that, government is A OK in my book.

Wonderful people.
  14. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    18 Aug '17 16:12
    What if there was a way to find out if the unborn child will be gay and decides to abort based on that?
    What part about "I don't see anything "morally reprehensible" about a pregnant woman deciding to abort any ZEF" did you miss?

A woman has sovereignty over the contents of her body and can do with it what she wishes. I don't consider it any of my business frankly.
  15. 18 Aug '17 16:13 / 1 edit