Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81278
    13 Dec '17 19:46
    These men would be in prison...

    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/duke-lacrosse-rape-espn-30-for-30_us_56e07e33e4b065e2e3d486f7
  2. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    13 Dec '17 20:30
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    These men would be in prison...

    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/duke-lacrosse-rape-espn-30-for-30_us_56e07e33e4b065e2e3d486f7
    Apart from his putting opinions into the mouths of posters here, Mott-the-Hoopie underrates
    the evident difficulty of finding 12 posters (in this white male-dominated forum) who
    would vote to convict privileged white men (students at Duke University) of rape.

    "On this forum we have several rape apologists (if not actual rapists) such as Eladar,
    Normbenign, Quackquack. Do these people seem to you as subscribers to 'hook-up culture'?"
    --KazetNagorra (to Sh76, 21 August 2015, page 3, post 2, "Does hook-up culture lead to more rapes?" )
  3. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    55377
    13 Dec '17 20:35
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Apart from his putting opinions into the mouths of posters here, Mott-the-Hoopie underrates
    the evident difficulty of finding 12 posters (in this white male-dominated forum) who
    would vote to convict privileged white men (students at Duke University) of rape.

    "On this forum we have several rape apologists (if not actual rapists) such as Eladar,
    Nor ...[text shortened]... etNagorra (to Sh76, 21 August 2015, page 3, post 2, "Does hook-up culture lead to more rapes?" )
    This might be your dumbest post ever. The white males at Duke did not commit rape and therefore no one should convict them. But the racist Duchess calls people like myself a rape apologist for refusing to convict the innocent.
  4. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    13 Dec '17 20:471 edit
    Originally posted by @quackquack
    This might be your dumbest post ever. The white males at Duke did not commit rape and therefore no one should convict them. But the racist Duchess calls people like myself a rape apologist for refusing to convict the innocent.
    Quackquack shows his abysmal reading comprehension or dishonest distortions of what I write.

    "The white males at Duke did not commit rape and therefore no one should convict them."
    --Quackquack

    I already knew that the accused white men were cleared of the charges.
    I never wrote that anyone should vote to convict them.

    My point was that Mott-the-Hoopie's wrong in presuming that 'the posters here' must
    be so biased that they would have voted to convict these accused men of rape.
    Quackquack fails to comprehend or prefers to dishonestly distort my point.

    "But the racist Duchess calls people like myself a rape apologist for refusing to convict the innocent."
    --Quackquack

    Quackquack dishonestly pretends that white men here have not condemned him as a 'rape apologist'.

    Here's another one:
    "You [Quackquack] are the definition of rape apologist."
    --Zahlanzi (to Quackquack, page 80, post 1, "Rape Apologists Need an Exercise in Empathy" )
  5. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81278
    13 Dec '17 22:15
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Quackquack shows his abysmal reading comprehension or dishonest distortions of what I write.

    "The white males at Duke did not commit rape and therefore no one should convict them."
    --Quackquack

    I already knew that the accused white men were cleared of the charges.
    I never wrote that anyone should vote to convict them.

    My point was that Mott-th ...[text shortened]... ."
    --Zahlanzi (to Quackquack, page 80, post 1, "Rape Apologists Need an Exercise in Empathy" )
    Why should I not believe the posters would have convicted these men ? They have convicted Roy Moore on the same evidence.
  6. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    55377
    13 Dec '17 22:27
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Quackquack shows his abysmal reading comprehension or dishonest distortions of what I write.

    "The white males at Duke did not commit rape and therefore no one should convict them."
    --Quackquack

    I already knew that the accused white men were cleared of the charges.
    I never wrote that anyone should vote to convict them.

    My point was that Mott-th ...[text shortened]... ."
    --Zahlanzi (to Quackquack, page 80, post 1, "Rape Apologists Need an Exercise in Empathy" )
    Repeating incorrect opinions does not make them true. Have a literate person read what you wrote -- you are complaining that people in this forum would not convict people who were clearly wrongfully accused of rape. Criminals commit crimes once in a while. You are far worse -- you continually advocate for punishment of people completely indifferent to whether they actually committed a crime.
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81278
    13 Dec '17 22:41
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Apart from his putting opinions into the mouths of posters here, Mott-the-Hoopie underrates
    the evident difficulty of finding 12 posters (in this white male-dominated forum) who
    would vote to convict privileged white men (students at Duke University) of rape.

    "On this forum we have several rape apologists (if not actual rapists) such as Eladar,
    Nor ...[text shortened]... etNagorra (to Sh76, 21 August 2015, page 3, post 2, "Does hook-up culture lead to more rapes?" )
    Let me conduct a test, Do you consider Roy Moore a pedophile? If so, will you present your evidence?

    Question is open to all stating Moore is a pedophile.
  8. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    13 Dec '17 22:52
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    Let me conduct a test, Do you consider Roy Moore a pedophile? If so, will you present your evidence?

    Question is open to all stating Moore is a pedophile.
    Roy Moore is a loser.
  9. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81278
    13 Dec '17 22:54
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Roy Moore is a loser.
    not sure of that considering what he would have faced had he won
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    13 Dec '17 22:57
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    not sure of that considering what he would have faced had he won
    What would he have faced had he won?
  11. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81278
    13 Dec '17 23:32
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    What would he have faced had he won?
    people like you!
  12. Behind the scenes
    Joined
    27 Jun '16
    Moves
    1401
    13 Dec '17 23:49
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    people like you!
    Oh, so lawmakers are not supposed to be accountable to the people?? Hmmm..
  13. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81278
    13 Dec '17 23:59
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Oh, so lawmakers are not supposed to be accountable to the people?? Hmmm..
    reached right out there in the thin air and grabbed that one didn't you?
  14. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    14 Dec '17 00:38
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    people like you!
    People who are opposed to racists, bigots and religious extremists?
  15. Behind the scenes
    Joined
    27 Jun '16
    Moves
    1401
    14 Dec '17 02:05
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    reached right out there in the thin air and grabbed that one didn't you?
    Sorry if the truth hurts. 🙂
Back to Top