Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 07 Feb '15 15:39
    According to Obama, illegals need to be allowed to step into the light and start paying taxes.

My question is how much do illegals usually make after they step into the light? Do they get to collect earned income credits? Do illegals who now 'pay taxes' get to declare their children for the child tax credits?

If the typical low wage immigrant gets the same breaks as low wage US citizens, they won't be paying taxes, they will be collecting money from the government at tax time.
  2. 07 Feb '15 16:02
    Originally posted by Eladar
    According to Obama, illegals need to be allowed to step into the light and start paying taxes.

My question is how much do illegals usually make after they step into the light? Do they get to collect earned income credits? Do illegals who now 'pay taxes' get to declare their children for the child tax credits?

If the typical low wage immigrant gets the ...[text shortened]... zens, they won't be paying taxes, they will be collecting money from the government at tax time.
    so you think gun crime is the result of not enough rape in the white middle classes by bio mechanical mexican immigrant /coke can hybrids?
  3. 07 Feb '15 16:11
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    so you think gun crime is the result of not enough rape in the white middle classes by bio mechanical mexican immigrant /coke can hybrids?
    I understand why you would think that's what I am saying.
  4. 07 Feb '15 16:22
    I understand why you would think that's what I am saying.
    wells pretty obvious isnt it. i think they should put a babble in the wahwah gland and splice all units up to the upper, upperness of the upper-upper. then filter it through a fox newscasters dried out spare clunge.
  5. 07 Feb '15 17:08
    Oh, who cares. "No taxation without representation" went out the window the second the USA colonised Puerto Rico - might as well go the whole hog now.
  6. 07 Feb '15 17:38
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Oh, who cares. "No taxation without representation" went out the window the second the USA colonised Puerto Rico - might as well go the whole hog now.
    I was just pointing out the lie.

He should have said that illegals need to step into the light and start collecting government subsidies.
  7. 07 Feb '15 18:11
    I was just pointing out the lie.

He should have said that illegals need to step into the light and start collecting government subsidies.
    Yes, we already knew you think that all Mexicans are lazy bums who collect unemployment benefit while simultaneously stealing all honest Ahmuhricans' jobs. You've made that clear many, many times. I was just pointing out that that is nothing new - you lazy WASPs have been bumming off the native work-force for centuries. So stop griping about it.
  8. 07 Feb '15 18:12
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Yes, we already knew you think that all Mexicans are lazy bums who collect unemployment benefit while simultaneously stealing all honest Ahmuhricans' jobs. You've made that clear many, many times. I was just pointing out that that is nothing new - you lazy WASPs have been bumming off the native work-force for centuries. So stop griping about it.
    How are the working poor lazy bums?
  9. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    07 Feb '15 18:28

If the typical low wage immigrant gets the ...[text shortened]... zens, they won't be paying taxes, they will be collecting money from the government at tax time.
    Illegals aren't eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit:

You must be a U.S. citizen or resident alien all year, or a nonresident alien married to a U.S. citizen or resident alien and filing a joint return.

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/EITC,-Earned-Income-Tax-Credit,-Questions-and-Answers
  10. 07 Feb '15 18:41
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Illegals aren't eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit:

You must be a U.S. citizen or resident alien all year, or a nonresident alien married to a U.S. citizen or resident alien and filing a joint return.

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/EITC,-Earned-Income-Tax-Credit,-Questions-and-Answers
    When they come into the light they will be able to file for taxes.
  11. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    07 Feb '15 18:45
    When they come into the light they will be able to file for taxes.
    If they meet the criteria to become resident aliens, yes.
  12. 07 Feb '15 18:53 / 1 edit
    If they meet the criteria to become resident aliens, yes.
    IRS Commissioner

John Koskinen confirmed Tuesday that illegal immigrants granted amnesty from deportation under President Obama’s new policies would be able to get extra refunds from the IRS for money they earned while working illegally, as long as they filed returns during those years.

Illegal immigrants who are granted the amnesty will be given official Social Security numbers, which means they can go back and amend up to three years of previous tax forms to claim the Earned Income Tax Credit, potentially claiming billions of dollars in additional payments they were ineligible for before the amnesty

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/feb/3/irs-offers-extra-tax-refunds-to-illegal-immigrants/

I was glad to educate you. It always makes me happy to educate the ignorant.
  13. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    07 Feb '15 19:00
    [b]IRS Commissioner

John Koskinen confirmed Tuesday that illegal immigrants granted amnesty from deportation under President Obama’s new policies would be able to get extra refunds from the IRS for money they earned while working illegally, as long as they filed returns during those years.

Illegal immigrants who are granted the amnesty will be given of ...[text shortened]... gal-immigrants/

I was glad to educate you. It always makes me happy to educate the ignorant.
    This seems to be a common claim running around right wing blog circles and places like the Reverend Moon's newspaper. It is incorrect; merely having a Social Security number does not entitle you to the EITC - it is necessary, but not sufficient. The criteria regarding citizenship or aliens is given above.

You're welcome for educating you.
  14. 07 Feb '15 19:02 / 1 edit
    This seems to be a common claim running around right wing blog circles and places like the Reverend Moon's newspaper. It is incorrect; merely having a Social Security number does not entitle you to the EITC - it is necessary, but not sufficient. The criteria regarding citizenship or aliens is given above.

You're welcome for educating you.
    Yep, the Washington Times certainly qualifies as a right wing blog! The IRS official who said it is true is certainly simply a right wing blogger too.
  15. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    07 Feb '15 19:10 / 1 edit
    Yep, the Washington Times certainly qualifies as a right wing blog! The IRS official who said it is true is certainly simply a right wing blogger too.
    No, it qualifies as Reverend Moon's newspaper:

The Washington Times is a daily broadsheet published at 3600 New York Avenue NE, Washington, D.C., United States. It was founded in 1982 by the founder of the Unification Church, Sun Myung Moon, and until 2010 was owned by News World Communications, an international media conglomerate associated with the church.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Washington_Times

I don't believe he said what is being claimed i.e. that the mere issuance of a Social Security number entitles someone to the EITC. The criteria I gave you is from the official IRS site.