Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 23:54
    I got tired of being retired and I'm back in the saddle as a substitute, it's great because I don't care at all, I just take roll and hand out work sheets or show a movie. Rest of the time I do crosswords or do Madlibs.
    Awesome job.
  2. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 00:16
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    I got tired of being retired and I'm back in the saddle as a substitute, it's great because I don't care at all, I just take roll and hand out work sheets or show a movie. Rest of the time I do crosswords or do Madlibs.
    Awesome job.
    How inspiring.
  3. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 00:23
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    How inspiring.
    Substitute teaching is hardly ever inspiring.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 05:19
    I would suspect these kids are better off not being inspired by FishHead111.
  5. Standard memberchaney3
    Bring it on.......
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 05:51
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I would suspect these kids are better off not being inspired by FishHead111.
    Unless they want to aspire to be really good beer drinkers, and womanizers, lol, lol, lol.
  6. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 06:361 edit
    ...I don't care at all, I just take roll and hand out work sheets or show a movie. Rest of the time I do crosswords or do Madlibs.
    Awesome job.
    Sounds like you're a good teacher, really dedicated to your students, and their educational development. That's what the world needs, more dedicated teachers like you, for sure. 🙄
  7. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 10:36
    Awesome job.
    Most teachers are hard workers, and care about the kids they try to educate. I'm sorry to see you are not one of them.
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 10:41
    I'm A Teechar Again !
    There are no spaces between a word and an exclamation point.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 11:10
    Awesome job.
    Do try to deviate from the Common Core curriculum. 😵
  10. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 13:04
    Originally posted by whodey
    Do try to deviate from the Common Core curriculum. 😵
    That's very good, whodey! 😀

I nominate whodey for RHP's most underrated wit. Whodey may be a political nutjob and perpetual cynic bereft of intellectual contribution to the forum, but he does come up with some excellent one liners now and then! 😉
  11. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 13:10
    Originally posted by sh76

I nominate whodey for RHP's most underrated wit. Whodey may be a political nutjob and perpetual cynic bereft of intellectual contribution to the forum, but he does come up with some excellent one liners now and then! 😉
    Agreed.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 14:083 edits

Why thanks.......................I think.

I have to say, I'm not as enlightened as most around here. I have absurd notions such as government needing to be limited and that it is far to centralized and dictatorial. The concept of limited government is from a bygone era and antiquated. After all, now we have cell phones so the Constitution must be rewritten.

Also, the notion that abortion is somehow morally repugnant has also been destroyed by the enlightened SCOTUS decision of Roe vs. Wade. The issue has been settled so there is no more need to talk about it. And to think that such intellectually celebrated Progs such as Margaret Sanger are racists just because they utter racist comments and attend KKK rallies and were surrounded by racist cook jobs who were their peers is equally absurd.

But the craziest notion of all is to think that the two party system is simply a ruse to generate support as they continue to fling wealth away from the masses to the corporate elites despite what their rhetoric may indicate. For that I plead guilty as charged. Just because voting for either party achieves the same results is insignificant.

But hey, everyone needs a hobby. 😵
  13. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 14:25
    Originally posted by whodey
    Why thanks.......................I think.

I have to say, I'm not as enlightened as most around here. I have absurd notions such as government needing to be limited and that it is far to centralized and dictatorial. The concept of limited government is from a bygone era and antiquated. After all, now we have cell phones so the Constitution must be rewrit ...[text shortened]... either party achieves the same results is insignificant.

But hey, everyone needs a hobby. 😵
    Stick to the one-liners. 😛
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 15:03
    Stick to the one-liners. 😛
    😠
  15. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 15:41
    Awesome job.
    I am a retired teacher. Teachers like you are the reason the the public holds teachers in such contempt.