Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Zugzwang
    Moves
    08 Oct '18 19:431 edit
    @kazetnagorra said
    Clearly you didn't work as hard as ol' Brett, who made it to a legacy admission at Yale and prep school with "no connections."
    (KazetNagorra replied by Sh76.)

If he were to apply to Harvard now, Brett Kavanaugh, by being born white, would
    most likely be assured of a higher score on Harvard's personality test (a factor in
    determining its admissions) than more academically qualified Asian Americans.

While racists may no longer be able to claim convincingly (it's long been false)
    that white applicants are more academically qualified on average than Asian American
    applicants, Harvard evidently does accept the 'reality' that white applicants have
    on average 'superior' personalities over Asian American applicants.

There are university admission services (including run by white people) who encourage
    Asian American applicants to do their utmost to appear as anti-stereotypically Asian
    as possible, though that tends to make little or no difference to (mostly white)
    admissions officers who stereotype Asian American applicants as ruthlessly as
    almost all other Americans stereotype Asian Americans almost all the time.

A white American who learns some Spanish tends to get praised and rewarded for being bilingual.
    In contrast, an Asian American who can speak well several *unrelated* Asian languages and
    perhaps even some European languages tends to get dismissed as linguistically narrow.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Oct '18 20:521 edit
    @sh76 said
    He has a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court.

As far as I can tell, this does nothing to jeopardize his marriage or family situation.

I hope my life gets ruined like that.
    Wow.

So he all that matters is position and wealth, eh?

I reckon people like him should be able to take just about anything and receive no empathy.

How would you like your wife and daughters receiving death threats every day?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Oct '18 20:551 edit
    When it comes to law the law profession, it is the most racially skewed profession in the US with very few blacks.

These are the same people preaching to the rest of us about the need for diversity and racial equality. Most lawyers are even lean Left, the ones most adamant about racial equality.

At least, that is what they say....................

Very telling
  4. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    08 Oct '18 21:52
    @whodey said
    Well as marauder pointed out, the majority in the Senate who approved Thomas were democrats.

Now why was that do you reckon?

Was he really wrongly treated, or were they just to worried about condemning a black man?
    Your re-statement of what I said is misleading.

The majority of the Senate were Democrats. 57 in fact.

The majority of those who voted for Thomas were Republicans: 41 of 52. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarence_Thomas_Supreme_Court_nomination
  5. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    08 Oct '18 21:57
    @whodey said
    https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/10/crazed_leftist_tweet_about_ruining_kavanaugh_gives_the_lefts_game_away.html

The writer for the Stephen Colbert show Tweeted, "No matter what happens, I'm just glad we ruined Kavanaugh's life", before it being removed.

Who here thinks she will lose her job?

Her name was Dumas.

You just can't make this stuff up!
    A joke writer made a joke in response to the ridiculous right wing claims that Kavanaugh's life is "ruined".

No, she shouldn't be fired.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Oct '18 23:40
    @no1marauder said
    A joke writer made a joke in response to the ridiculous right wing claims that Kavanaugh's life is "ruined".

Naturally.

No need to even say so, I would have guessed it.

And as predicted, CBS will not fire her.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/10/07/writer-for-stephen-colberts-late-show-celebrates-ruining-kavanaughs-life-then-cbs-responds
  7. Germany
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 06:28
    @whodey said
    Naturally.

No need to even say so, I would have guessed it.

And as predicted, CBS will not fire her.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/10/07/writer-for-stephen-colberts-late-show-celebrates-ruining-kavanaughs-life-then-cbs-responds
    It was a joke, whodey.

Really.
  8. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 10:10
    @whodey said
    https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/10/crazed_leftist_tweet_about_ruining_kavanaugh_gives_the_lefts_game_away.html

The writer for the Stephen Colbert show Tweeted, "No matter what happens, I'm just glad we ruined Kavanaugh's life", before it being removed.

Who here thinks she will lose her job?

Her name was Dumas.

You just can't make this stuff up!
    You just can't make this stuff up?
    Says the person who supports the Republican party's lies, deceit and sexism.

Unbelievable. Check out the balls on Whodey.

You bloody hypocrite.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 11:22
    @vivify said
    A contributor for Fox News (Kevin Jackson) was fired after calling Kavanaugh's accusers "lying skanks" via tweet. Stop acting so self-righteous, as if conservatives are above doing stuff like this.

Whoever made that tweet about Kavanaugh should also be fired.
    fired for what? sarcasm? What ruin has been visited upon Kavanaugh's life? A lifetime appointment to the supreme court? He didn't lose his job, he wasn't ostracized, he didn't have to pay any money to his accusers.

He had to go through the ordeal of 5 minute sessions of not answering questions, lying and threatening democrats with repercussions if he was nominated (which he now is). Poor guy. Such a victim.
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 13:061 edit
    @no1marauder said

I didn't see that. If this was just a satiracle comment basedan on right-wing hysteria, I take back what I said about her being fired.
  11. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 13:08
    @zahlanzi said
    fired for what? sarcasm? What ruin has been visited upon Kavanaugh's life? A lifetime appointment to the supreme court? He didn't lose his job, he wasn't ostracized, he didn't have to pay any money to his accusers.

He had to go through the ordeal of 5 minute sessions of not answering questions, lying and threatening democrats with repercussions if he was nominated (which he now is). Poor guy. Such a victim.
    Yeah, didn't see that it was sarcasm. Stupidly, I took Whodey at his word that the tweet was actually celebrating his ruined reputation.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 13:19
    @mott-the-hoople said
    you have to assume every accusation is true to believe this.
    Hey assswipe, I'll take HALF of the accusations being true. But even at that if it was proven 'only' half were true you would just move the goalpost and say THOSE accusations were fake news or some other Fox news gumpucky.
    The fact remains K does not deserve to be on ANY court much less SCOTUS. Did you perhaps see K's little speech about how grateful he was to Trump? A clear sign in not so subtle code he will grant Trumps major wish, to get a get out of jail free card. But you are too stuppppid to see any of that.
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 14:01
    YouTube

Jim Jefferies tries to answer the question "Is Brett Kavanaugh the real victim here" in segment he calls "No"
  14. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 15:48
    @zahlanzi said
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFpqTJIMdK0

Jim Jefferies tries to answer the question "Is Brett Kavanaugh the real victim here" in segment he calls "No"
    There is something wrong with you. Kavanaugh was subjected to unsubstantiated accusations and now, instead of acknowledging that he received a personal smearing you are trying to explain why unproven accusations should be considered convincing.
  15. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 16:171 edit
    @quackquack said
    There is something wrong with you. Kavanaugh was subjected to unsubstantiated accusations and now, instead of acknowledging that he received a personal smearing you are trying to explain why unproven accusations should be considered convincing.
    IF a woman alone with two men said that they tried to rape her would you ever regard the allegation as "proven"? Is such an allegation always just a "smear"?

Do you, like Trump, assert that Kavanaugh was "proven innocent"?